Post your Guerrilla Gravity!

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
Post your Guerrilla Gravity!
O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
Bgelder666 wrote:
What size is your frame? I'm undecided on size 2 or 3, being in between sizes stinks ha.

I'm 5'11" (180cm) w/ a 32" inseam and pretty average proportions and I went Size 3 and ride it in the "long" setting w/ a Copperhead 35mm stem and OneUp 35mm rise bars. Fit is perfect, IMO

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
chacou wrote:
Bgelder666 wrote:
What size is your frame? I'm undecided on size 2 or 3, being in between sizes stinks ha.

I'm 5'11" (180cm) w/ a 32" inseam and pretty average proportions and I went Size 3 and ride it in the "long" setting w/ a Copperhead 35mm stem and OneUp 35mm rise bars. Fit is perfect, IMO

Nice thanks! I'm 5'9" leaning towards size 3 in short.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
Bgelder666 wrote:
chacou wrote:
Bgelder666 wrote:

Nice thanks! I'm 5'9" leaning towards size 3 in short.

I’ve got a buddy about your height that rides a size 3 megatrail in long and loves it. Going size 4 for me would’ve been too big, I’m not into long sleds.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
chacou wrote:

I’ve got a buddy about your height that rides a size 3 megatrail in long and loves it. Going size 4 for me would’ve been too big, I’m not into long sleds.

As another 5'9"er, thanks for the input!

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
joshroppo wrote:
chacou wrote:

As another 5'9"er, thanks for the input!

Actually looking at going size 2 for me and I'm 5'10 just because I'm seeing the geometry compared to my remedy 8 that's closest match. The size 3 is quite a bit longer and I like jumping around at bike parks so leaning towards the size 2 but not certain if size 3 would be good. I'm taking out a Gnarvana this weekend in size 2 cause they have it. But no size 3 to try on that or megatrail which are the two I'm considering or making a mullet build

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
Check the GEO on a size 2 Gnarvana. The chainstays are longer than the reach in the long setting. Even a size 3 isn't that long in terms of reach (460-470)

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 17:04 Quote
You need to make sure you get the right size up front. In spite of GG making the frames here in town with me, they won't sell me a new size 3 front end since my size 2 is a little small. In their words:

Unfortunately we do not sell just the front triangle alone. It would have to be a full frameset with a shock, as we only sell the frame with the rear shock.

That doesn't really seem that customer friendly to me. I was surprised.

FL
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 17:48 Quote
and other brands dont sell frames at all... just buy a complete and sell the rear/shock.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 19:03 Quote
Explodo wrote:
You need to make sure you get the right size up front. In spite of GG making the frames here in town with me, they won't sell me a new size 3 front end since my size 2 is a little small. In their words:

Unfortunately we do not sell just the front triangle alone. It would have to be a full frameset with a shock, as we only sell the frame with the rear shock.

Interesting, I bought a Smash size 3 frame about 10 months ago with no shock. I did buy a Lyrik from them though, since my existing Lyrik steerer was cut too short for the head tube after talking with them about my “donor” parts spec. FWIW, I dealt with Dustin, it was great customer experience.
Likely things have changed though, I haven’t needed to deal with them since. Frame is solid, love it.

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 16:37 Quote
Explodo wrote:

Yeah so I actually still went with a megatrail mixed wheel mullet setup in size 2 after staring at my current bikes geo and the GGs. I've had it up at trestle 3 days and it feels pretty good to me. I'm sure the size 3 would have been fine for me too and maybe better for certain trails that are more rock gardens. But I mostly ride big jumps and drops with some chunder sprinkled in so the size 2 has felt good for me with staying super agile. I also ride jump parks that are more for dirt jumpers but I only have the one bike and size 2 is great for me. I think in the next year or so I'm gonna buy another frame in different model size 3 for more trail riding stuff.

For your case though I'd suggest you buy another model in size 3 frame with rear shock and then you sell the size 2 front triangle. Then you can have a size 3 with two different rear ends for two different bike builds to swap between. Or just get same model in size 3 with shock and then sell the full size 2 frame and shock. Dustin or Tyler in the shop are the guys you want to talk to

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
StokedExplorer wrote:
Explodo wrote:

Yeah so I actually still went with a megatrail mixed wheel mullet setup in size 2 after staring at my current bikes geo and the GGs. I've had it up at trestle 3 days and it feels pretty good to me. I'm sure the size 3 would have been fine for me too and maybe better for certain trails that are more rock gardens. But I mostly ride big jumps and drops with some chunder sprinkled in so the size 2 has felt good for me with staying super agile. I also ride jump parks that are more for dirt jumpers but I only have the one bike and size 2 is great for me. I think in the next year or so I'm gonna buy another frame in different model size 3 for more trail riding stuff.

For your case though I'd suggest you buy another model in size 3 frame with rear shock and then you sell the size 2 front triangle. Then you can have a size 3 with two different rear ends for two different bike builds to swap between. Or just get same model in size 3 with shock and then sell the full size 2 frame and shock. Dustin or Tyler in the shop are the guys you want to talk to

I'll probably just end up dealing with it until I replace it. It's not ideal(which is abundantly clear when I ride my L Ripmo), but I'll be damned if I'm going to drop $2-3k on a frame just to get a little bigger. I'm glad yours is doing well for you. I really like mine except for it being a little smaller than I'd like.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
Changed things up this weekend. Picked up a CC DB Air Kitsuma this weekend at the GG warehouse sale for a crazy deal (had to pick up a set of I9 305 for 50% off too). First ride today, adds good "pop" to the Smash compared to the DVO Jade.

photo
photo

Also got to check out the new colors in person, they looks really nice.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
chacou wrote:
Changed things up this weekend. Picked up a CC DB Air Kitsuma this weekend at the GG warehouse sale for a crazy deal (had to pick up a set of I9 305 for 50% off too). First ride today, adds good "pop" to the Smash compared to the DVO Jade.

photo
photo

Also got to check out the new colors in person, they looks really nice.

Did you add an additional downtube protector and which one?

Looks longer than original

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 5:23 Quote
Ah, and I have a 230*65 mm shock lying around that I could travel For my coming smash.

Is it necessary at all or would 230*65 in the Smash Work without the rear wheel touching the Seattube?

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
Ah, and I have a 230*65 mm shock lying around that I could travel For my coming smash.

Is it necessary at all or would 230*65 in the Smash Work without the rear wheel touching the Seattube?

Re: down tube, that’s just some strips of rubber mastic tape to quiet things a bit on loose “gravel” we have around here and would kick up from the front tire.

I never experienced tire rub on my smash running the 230x65 DVO Jade. Putting it on without the coil and compressing it fully with a ski strap it comes close, and might rub if going deep through the bottom out bumper on the damper. But riding it for over a year, including days at Trestle Bike Park, I never experienced tire rub.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.073376
Mobile Version of Website