Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Author Message
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
Anyone seen this before?
Happened to me Monday morning off a very small ~2ft drop during normal riding conditions.
ethirteen said they’ve had less than a handful of these break similarly. Guess I have an idea how Aaron Gwin felt... sore ankle! Lol Grade 2 sprain for me.
New crankset is scheduled for delivery on Thursday and old set is to go back for interrogation.

Weird

Insane. Someone posted one the other day also.
Makes me realize why some refuse to ride carbon. Hopefully a fluke, ethirteen is starting to scare me.

It should. I managed to break or wear out every single ethirteen part on my 18 except the wheels, which I sold. However a friend had those and managed to break them too. Their quality is, at least in this current generation, terrible, and I wouldn't trust a single part they make on my bike at this point. For reference I'm a 150lb trail rider, so I'm not doing some of the things people here are doing.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
serveace wrote:
@ytjodave Looks like you have those michelin tires. How do you like them? I'm thinking of getting some myself.

Get em! Bloody love em! And Jenson USA has them for $50/ea! Good luck getting a rear though, I waited 2 months for mine.
I will be buying them again!

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:

Another question; is the Pike RCT3 equipped with Debonair -airspring, or is it the standard one..?

2019 and later are equipped with the DebonAir air shaft/spring. Quick way to tell is to look for "DebonAir" etched into the upper left stanchion.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Hi, i asked YT what kind of a bolt on rear axle i need for the 2019 CF Jeffsy and they replied 148x12mm Pin-In axle with 1,5mm thread pitch and 11mm thread length. Anybody tried replacing the stock one with a bolt on axle or knows who makes that size and model that will fit the Jeffsy?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
serveace wrote:
@ytjodave Looks like you have those michelin tires. How do you like them? I'm thinking of getting some myself.

Get em! Bloody love em! And Jenson USA has them for $50/ea! Good luck getting a rear though, I waited 2 months for mine.
I will be buying them again!

+1 awesome tires, except in pure sticky mud (no surprise) as it is around me right now. For that the 'wild mud' works well.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
I created this post wile ago: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=214806
I'm dissapointed in e13 quality so far, but customer service had been good.
People also hate their dropper posts.
And having carbon crank and rims on my new Pro Race makes me bit nervous..... Although, they have 5 year warranty on crank and lifetime on wheels....
I still don't want to deal with downtime, possible injuries, frustration.... etc.

DigitlBikr wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
Anyone seen this before?
Happened to me Monday morning off a very small ~2ft drop during normal riding conditions.
ethirteen said they’ve had less than a handful of these break similarly. Guess I have an idea how Aaron Gwin felt... sore ankle! Lol Grade 2 sprain for me.
New crankset is scheduled for delivery on Thursday and old set is to go back for interrogation.

Weird

Insane. Someone posted one the other day also.
Makes me realize why some refuse to ride carbon. Hopefully a fluke, ethirteen is starting to scare me.

It should. I managed to break or wear out every single ethirteen part on my 18 except the wheels, which I sold. However a friend had those and managed to break them too. Their quality is, at least in this current generation, terrible, and I wouldn't trust a single part they make on my bike at this point. For reference I'm a 150lb trail rider, so I'm not doing some of the things people here are doing.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:
I created this post wile ago: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=214806
I'm dissapointed in e13 quality so far, but customer service had been good.
People also hate their dropper posts.
And having carbon crank and rims on my new Pro Race makes me bit nervous..... Although, they have 5 year warranty on crank and lifetime on wheels....
I still don't want to deal with downtime, possible injuries, frustration.... etc.

DigitlBikr wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:


Insane. Someone posted one the other day also.
Makes me realize why some refuse to ride carbon. Hopefully a fluke, ethirteen is starting to scare me.

It should. I managed to break or wear out every single ethirteen part on my 18 except the wheels, which I sold. However a friend had those and managed to break them too. Their quality is, at least in this current generation, terrible, and I wouldn't trust a single part they make on my bike at this point. For reference I'm a 150lb trail rider, so I'm not doing some of the things people here are doing.

Couldn’t agree more! New cranks already arrives yesterday and installing not just to find my e*thirteen BB is shot! Ordered a Wheels Mfg ceramic replacement. Looks dime.
The drive side bearing on my ethirteen was completely seized and the non-drive side wasn’t far behind.
Less than impressed personally.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
scoobiemario wrote:
I created this post wile ago: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=214806
I'm dissapointed in e13 quality so far, but customer service had been good.
People also hate their dropper posts.
And having carbon crank and rims on my new Pro Race makes me bit nervous..... Although, they have 5 year warranty on crank and lifetime on wheels....
I still don't want to deal with downtime, possible injuries, frustration.... etc.

DigitlBikr wrote:


It should. I managed to break or wear out every single ethirteen part on my 18 except the wheels, which I sold. However a friend had those and managed to break them too. Their quality is, at least in this current generation, terrible, and I wouldn't trust a single part they make on my bike at this point. For reference I'm a 150lb trail rider, so I'm not doing some of the things people here are doing.

Couldn’t agree more! New cranks already arrives yesterday and installing not just to find my e*thirteen BB is shot! Ordered a Wheels Mfg ceramic replacement. Looks dime.
The drive side bearing on my ethirteen was completely seized and the non-drive side wasn’t far behind.
Less than impressed personally.


Yep their bottom brackets are total crud too. Replaced my e13 pf30 with a hope pf46 bottom bracket on my Tues. we’ll see if it holds up a bit better.

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
First paint chips on the Jeffsy Frown Why am I seeing red? Is that the primer?


Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
If chips bother you get a wrap, simple. If they don’t, you’re a better man/woman than me!

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
s-g wrote:
First paint chips on the Jeffsy Frown Why am I seeing red? Is that the primer?


It is a red santa cruz inside.

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
I think I'm catching the Jeffsy bug. A question on sizing. I'm 6-2 but only 160 lbs -- not a lot of muscles going on. YT recs an XL for 6-0 to 6-3 and a L for 5-7 to 6-0. Should I stick with the XL? thanks!

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 16:13 Quote
naturallight87 wrote:
I think I'm catching the Jeffsy bug. A question on sizing. I'm 6-2 but only 160 lbs -- not a lot of muscles going on. YT recs an XL for 6-0 to 6-3 and a L for 5-7 to 6-0. Should I stick with the XL? thanks!

Why are you hesitant? I mean, bike size is based on your size, not your weight / muscle mass. This latter doesn't change anything to the length of your legs, arms etc...
Get a XL

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 16:15 Quote
I love my dropper from e thirteen. The reasons I like it may be reasons others don't. I take it apart about twice a season to clean it and regrease everything. There is a weak link where there is a brass key that keeps it from spinning. I broke that twice in crashes. E thirteen sent me new ones for free with a simple email. Otherwise it's got advantages if you don't mind the maintenance and you don't need infinite adjustment. I've definitely got bad news from a couple friends on their hubs

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
naturallight87 wrote:
I think I'm catching the Jeffsy bug. A question on sizing. I'm 6-2 but only 160 lbs -- not a lot of muscles going on. YT recs an XL for 6-0 to 6-3 and a L for 5-7 to 6-0. Should I stick with the XL? thanks!

Go XL mate, you won’t regret it.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011093
Mobile Version of Website