Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
naturallight87 wrote:
I think I'm catching the Jeffsy bug. A question on sizing. I'm 6-2 but only 160 lbs -- not a lot of muscles going on. YT recs an XL for 6-0 to 6-3 and a L for 5-7 to 6-0. Should I stick with the XL? thanks!

Im 6'1" with 33 inseam and love the L. But i like the bike to be smaller then larger.

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 20:47 Quote
Thanks @asmtb and @ytjodave and @TibZ!

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 23:56 Quote
TibZ wrote:
naturallight87 wrote:
I think I'm catching the Jeffsy bug. A question on sizing. I'm 6-2 but only 160 lbs -- not a lot of muscles going on. YT recs an XL for 6-0 to 6-3 and a L for 5-7 to 6-0. Should I stick with the XL? thanks!

Why are you hesitant? I mean, bike size is based on your size, not your weight / muscle mass. This latter doesn't change anything to the length of your legs, arms etc...
Get a XL

I am 6-2, 165 and ride a xl. You don’t want to go smaller.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
Any speculations about the specification on the 2020 versions? They should be released soon? Shouldn't they?

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
YT generally announces new models and/or changes in January/February. Seeing that the Jeffsy cf bikes are all new for 2019 - probably color and component changes only.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
I'm guessing we'll see more SRAM/RS spec'd builds in 2020. Just based off the recent YT management announcement... I'd buy a new one if they had a DVO suspension spec Wink Onyx SC 29" just announced! https://dvosuspension.com/fork/onyx-sc/

Slobby wrote:
Any speculations about the specification on the 2020 versions? They should be released soon? Shouldn't they?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
TibZ wrote:
naturallight87 wrote:

Why are you hesitant? I mean, bike size is based on your size, not your weight / muscle mass. This latter doesn't change anything to the length of your legs, arms etc...
Get a XL

I am 6-2, 165 and ride a xl. You don’t want to go smaller.
I'm 6ft 3 and on an XXL 29. You could easily go to an XXL with the seat tube length.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
I've noticed a pretty loud clicking noise in the front area of my jeffsy every time it gets a big hit or I brake hard. Might there be something wrong with my Fork or headset or is this just the internal cable of the dropper post? I already silenced all outer cables, so that's not it unfortunately. Bike is about 3 or 4 weeks old, so the fork should not need a service already right?

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Darkclaw wrote:
I've noticed a pretty loud clicking noise in the front area of my jeffsy every time it gets a big hit or I brake hard. Might there be something wrong with my Fork or headset or is this just the internal cable of the dropper post? I already silenced all outer cables, so that's not it unfortunately. Bike is about 3 or 4 weeks old, so the fork should not need a service already right?

Hard to say... It can also be the thru-axle of your fork being overtightened. Check the torque and maybe give it some grease and try again.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Darkclaw wrote:

Hard to say... It can also be the thru-axle of your fork being overtightened. Check the torque and maybe give it some grease and try again.

I'll try, thank you

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 10:36 Quote
8-9 Nm is enough.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
Does anyone here have experience with the Yeti SB130? I have an opportunity to trade in my MK1 2018 Jeffsy for an sb130 +$2800 on top out the door for one of their top end Turq models and am really debating whether I want to do it vs keeping the Jeffsy and upgrading the shock. Or getting a MK2 Jeffsy? All advice would be welcome!

-Yes I crossposted this because I'm not sure which thread gets more visibility.

Thanks.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
I rode an SB150 one day this summer and it was amazing. I love my Jeffsy, but there's definitely something special with the Yeti geometry and suspension platform. Tough, albeit enviable position to be in, and sounds like you're not entirely sold on the new Yeti. Upgrading your MK1 with a new shock, go coil, is cheaper for sure and does really change the characteristics of the MK1, IMO. If you're thinking of a new bike, that seems like a great deal on a Turq SB130. ...also FWIW, I understand those that work down at Yeti love the SB130 aka "the Lunch Ride" for Enchanted Forest - Apex lunch laps, which is just outside their office and a legit trail, if you're concerned with a 130 handling chunk and jank, also a good build of a 130 https://youtu.be/E3V9xHd_rYE

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:
Does anyone here have experience with the Yeti SB130? I have an opportunity to trade in my MK1 2018 Jeffsy for an sb130 +$2800 on top out the door for one of their top end Turq models and am really debating whether I want to do it vs keeping the Jeffsy and upgrading the shock. Or getting a MK2 Jeffsy? All advice would be welcome!

Thanks.

If it helps at all, infinity link is supposed to be a utter nightmare to service. But that’s about all the downside to those bikes.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:

Thanks.

I do, not a good one, concussion followed Wink

But honestly, My Jeffsy MK2 Pro Race is awesome. And if those two bikes were same price, I'd maybe get a SB130, cause it's fancy and it's a good bike, but for the price and spec level, Jeffsy beats it!!!
Jeffsy feels great, and when I rode Yeti, suspension was set per manual. Later on I've learned on my Jeffsy that setting Fox per manual is much too hard, and too slow for my liking.

Sb 130 and SB5.5 have this bottomless feel to the rear end, which my MK1 Jeffsy did not quite match, but MK2 matches it very very closely. And MK2 with Carbon rims seems to be soo precise, and all the energy you put into it while pumping, comes right back out of the suspension, and none of it dissipates in the wheels.

I've been riding MK2 for a month now, and never in this time I thought too myself: "I wish I was riding SB130".

COuple friends that rode my MK2 loved it, and one of them said it's the best new bike he tried out of multiple different bikes he had a chance to test.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012623
Mobile Version of Website