Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
Any whispers on the 2020 Jeffsy spec sheet?

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
YT is pretty good at being tight lipped about future offerings. Expect the official announcement in January or February.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
kwietrick wrote:

That's a sick Aussie! (and I need to make a bike stand)

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
kwietrick wrote:

Great photo. I really like the doggie standing guard over your Jeffsy.

Also - how do you like the Evoc bag?

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
kwapik wrote:
kwietrick wrote:

Great photo. I really like the doggie standing guard over your Jeffsy.

Also - how do you like the Evoc bag?

I dig the evoc bag. If you are in the market i suggest the pro version. i own a pro and standard, the pro holds its shape a little better so its easier to wheel around the airport. That said i dont think it protects the bike any better.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
Sooooo new guy here with some questions. Havent been into MTB for that long so I've been spending hours on the computer trying to figure some things out about them and a couple things I cant figure out for myself on my 19 jeffsy. I plan to race some enduros on it next year and im already seeing the rear shock lacking. Im looking at a cane creek IL as well as the CS. Is there any reason to spend the extra money on the CS? Does it need that much shock or is the IL plenty?
Also curious about the fork, im finding conflicting information about changing the airshaft to a 150 on a 29er. Am i correct in that this is the 150mm part number that i need for my bike? It doesnt specify wheel size so it threw me off.
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-debonair-spring-upgrade-kit-150mm-fits-pike-b1-revelation-a1-2018
And i assume this would be the 160mm?
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-debonair-spring-upgrade-kit-160mm-fits-pike-b1-revelation-a1-2018

Im sure these are questions that have been asked before but again, im fairly new and have tried to do my research.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
austin915 wrote:
Sooooo new guy here with some questions. Havent been into MTB for that long so I've been spending hours on the computer trying to figure some things out about them and a couple things I cant figure out for myself on my 19 jeffsy. I plan to race some enduros on it next year and im already seeing the rear shock lacking. Im looking at a cane creek IL as well as the CS. Is there any reason to spend the extra money on the CS? Does it need that much shock or is the IL plenty?
Also curious about the fork, im finding conflicting information about changing the airshaft to a 150 on a 29er. Am i correct in that this is the 150mm part number that i need for my bike? It doesnt specify wheel size so it threw me off.
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-debonair-spring-upgrade-kit-150mm-fits-pike-b1-revelation-a1-2018
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-debonair-spring-upgrade-kit-160mm-fits-pike-b1-revelation-a1-2018

Im sure these are questions that have been asked before but again, im fairly new and have tried to do my research.

Which 19 Jeffsy do you have?

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
austin915 wrote:

Which 19 Jeffsy do you have?

Crap. forgot to put that in. Its the 29er CF pro

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Cool, so the frame is capable of 150mm travel if you fit it with a 210x55 shock. I’d recommend that especially with your plans of racing enduro... that being said instead of going 150 with your fork I’d go 160mm... you get the same HTA (66 degrees) running the flip chip in high position with the 160 fork and descending is out-friggin-standing in low position for park days or days when you know you’ll do a lot of descending.
And for an all around ‘trail’ bike it is extremely capable. I’ve had mine set up that way for a few months now and have been very impressed.

I looked at a lot of shocks when replacing my DPX2 and was going to go coil but settled on the versatility of the X2. It’s been one helluva upgrade and it’s nice not having to worry about swapping springs for a different bike/weight setup.
Take this for a grain of salt because I fiddle with my suspension settings a lot depending on riding and trail conditions. The X2 suits me very well.

Hope this helps mate. Feel free to msg me if you need anything else.

Cheers

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
Cool, so the frame is capable of 150mm travel if you fit it with a 210x55 shock. I’d recommend that especially with your plans of racing enduro... that being said instead of going 150 with your fork I’d go 160mm... you get the same HTA (66 degrees) running the flip chip in high position with the 160 fork and descending is out-friggin-standing in low position for park days or days when you know you’ll do a lot of descending.
And for an all around ‘trail’ bike it is extremely capable. I’ve had mine set up that way for a few months now and have been very impressed.

I looked at a lot of shocks when replacing my DPX2 and was going to go coil but settled on the versatility of the X2. It’s been one helluva upgrade and it’s nice not having to worry about swapping springs for a different bike/weight setup.
Take this for a grain of salt because I fiddle with my suspension settings a lot depending on riding and trail conditions. The X2 suits me very well.

Hope this helps mate. Feel free to msg me if you need anything else.

Cheers

Thanks for the information. Most of that i had figured out, im trying to decide on the fork 150 or 160 simply because i think i will keep my oem shock for awhile to see if ill be wanting to swap it back in for the days i pound laps at our local riding area where i wouldnt need the coil. I looked into the X2 but i am a set it and forget it person, i have never messed with my suspension day to day unless i went from woods to mx (dirtbike racing) and that was only cause i would bottom so hard. I dont know if i want to go to a 160 incase i want to swap my stock shock in for daily riding. 140 rear and 160 front would not be good on our trails. So i may go 150 to try out the shock and if i can live with it on the daily trails ill go 160 maybe.
Were my part numbers right for the fork air shafts?

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my e13 dropper post. My seat is starting to swivel a little and when I checked to see if it needed tightened I noticed the whole upper post is loose. My question Is there a way to tighten that up without having to pull the whole thing out? Any info helps thanks

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
Jda6385 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my e13 dropper post. My seat is starting to swivel a little and when I checked to see if it needed tightened I noticed the whole upper post is loose. My question Is there a way to tighten that up without having to pull the whole thing out? Any info helps thanks
I just went through this with mine and ended up pulling the post out and taking it apart to find the nut on the bottom that takes a shimano cassett tool (i think) was loose on the bottom. Better to fix it now rather than later because i let mine go to far and I ended up having to replace a couple parts. Email E13 warranty and they can get you the instructions you need to take it apart if you havent ever done it. Its super easy if you have the shimano tool. There is also 4 torx bit screws in the bottom that can cause the same issue but that wasnt my problem. Hope this helps

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
Jda6385 wrote:

https://support.ethirteen.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001056906
I went back through my email and found the link to the instructions.

Posted: 12 hours ago Quote
Jda6385 wrote:

While you have it apart you should also check that the brass key and the set hole for it aren't damaged, slight rotational play is a symptom of this as well. You can always email E13 customer support, they're very helpful. They sent me a shipping label, I sent my dropper in, and got it back fully rebuilt pretty quickly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013677
Mobile Version of Website