Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
Just pulled the trigger on a Push 11-6! Couldn't pass up their inventory closeout sale. Can't wait to see how much better the Jeffsy rides! Coming from a RS Deluxe im sure it'll be a big improvement. Is there anyone who already has an 11-6 on their jeffsy?

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
Hi all, sorry if I sound a little stupid. Just wanted some advice on the headset on the jeffsy. Mine has seized, just wondering if you can just swap out the bearings or do I have to replace the whole headset. I know they are semi integrated but not entirely sure if they are pressed into the housing? I only ask as I took the forks out and I can't remove the bearings by hand.

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
You can just replace the bearings if you want. They are available - for an example:

https://www.kineticbikebearings.com/ai42-ai52.html

But it might be cheaper and easier just to purchase a headset from Hope, Cane Creek or whatever brand you prefer.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
I'm coming off an OG Hightower and looking at the new Jeffsy and the Ripmo AF. I'm 5'7" and riding a medium. I'm ready to embrace the geometry of a new bike but am worried about the wheelbase going from 1165mm to 1200(Jeffsy)/1216(RipmoAF). I live and ride out west in Utah and the southwest. This will be my only bike for the foreseeable future so will have to pull double duty for normal trail rides as well as days at the park and doing enduro races (not competitively but more for fun and to push myself).

Has anyone made a similar change and/or ever feel like the longer bike is a negative?

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 20:00 Quote
NateMob wrote:
I'm coming off an OG Hightower and looking at the new Jeffsy and the Ripmo AF. I'm 5'7" and riding a medium. I'm ready to embrace the geometry of a new bike but am worried about the wheelbase going from 1165mm to 1200(Jeffsy)/1216(RipmoAF). I live and ride out west in Utah and the southwest. This will be my only bike for the foreseeable future so will have to pull double duty for normal trail rides as well as days at the park and doing enduro races (not competitively but more for fun and to push myself).

Has anyone made a similar change and/or ever feel like the longer bike is a negative?

I'm 5'7" and have the medium Jeffsy and it does not feel long - I think the steep STA has a lot to do with this. With 150/150 travel this bike is basically an "enduro" bike as far as I'm concerned, it can handle more than I can throw at it. The relatively steep head angle does not detract from super steep gnar as far as I can tell and it pedals and climbs really well.

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
NateMob wrote:

Same here, I'm 5' 8" on Med 2019 Jeffsy and it fits me perfect. Have to ride in a more aggressive position however to make sure the front tire has enough weight on it. It rips.

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
That Ripmo AF looks awesome

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
Anyone using the Oneup 170mm V1 on a 17 AL Jeffsy? Is the height compatible to he 150 E13 or I should I buy the shims? The 150MM E13 is a perfect height on L Jeffsy for me. Also, is the 31.6 a fairly common seat post size that if I decide to a buy a new frame, I can transfer my post. Thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
RiderofNEPA wrote:
Anyone using the Oneup 170mm V1 on a 17 AL Jeffsy? Is the height compatible to he 150 E13 or I should I buy the shims?

I'm 5'11" (180cm) with a 32" inseam and the 170mm fit perfectly with NO SHIMS on my Large MK1 Jeffsy AL. Plus it comes with shims if you need them. It's so much better than the E13 post

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
chacou wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:
Anyone using the Oneup 170mm V1 on a 17 AL Jeffsy? Is the height compatible to he 150 E13 or I should I buy the shims?

I'm 5'11" (180cm) with a 32" inseam and the 170mm fit perfectly with NO SHIMS on my Large MK1 Jeffsy AL. Plus it comes with shims if you need them. It's so much better than the E13 post

Thanks, you can find the V1 for a pretty good deal right now. 140 bucks at backcountry with 10% cash back from activejunky.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 15:19 Quote
Jeffsy is an amazing bike for Utah riding (especially northern/SLC area), I'm in SLC as well and my wife rides a new Jeffsy. Ripmo AF is a great bike, and good value, but the Jeffsy is better value IMO with their carbon frames roughly the same price as the Ripmo. I think for enduro races the Jeffsy is a bit overmatched, but any skilled rider could do just fine, just you'll probably be faster on an enduro bike.

NateMob wrote:

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
Woo-hoo...new alloy models are available. Maybe they listened.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Woo-hoo...new alloy models are available. Maybe they listened.

They just need some high end spec models.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 22:18 Quote
Or a frame only option.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Or a frame only option.

Yes!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050162
Mobile Version of Website