Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Or a frame only option.

I second this for both carbon and alu option.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Woo-hoo...new alloy models are available. Maybe they listened.

They just need some high end spec models.

They just joined all the Facebook YT owner pages... talk it up on there so they know what we want...

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Or a frame only option.

Yes!
YES x2

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
Anyone have any experience with running offset bushings with their jeffsy?? wondering how much of a difference they make on this bike. would like to slacken the headangle just a smidge and planning to run 170mm cranks soon anyway so not too worried about bottom bracket drop

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 18:20 Quote
I’m gonna try a 15mm lower cup to boost the front height for similar effect... good enough for GG, good enough for me.... Just need to get that Defy ordered...

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
undescended wrote:
I’m gonna try a 15mm lower cup to boost the front height for similar effect... good enough for GG, good enough for me.... Just need to get that Defy ordered...
What is the defy? Let me know how that goes for sure! Maybe that lower cup boost paired with an offset bush might make for sweet setup

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
DMR Defy stem has a smaller clamp profile therefore should provide much of the 15mm on the steerer tube needed to fit the lower cup since the steerers are cut so short.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
undescended wrote:
DMR Defy stem has a smaller clamp profile therefore should provide much of the 15mm on the steerer tube needed to fit the lower cup since the steerers are cut so short.

Yes I had to add more spacers....

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
RiderofNEPA wrote:
chacou wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:
Anyone using the Oneup 170mm V1 on a 17 AL Jeffsy? Is the height compatible to he 150 E13 or I should I buy the shims?

I'm 5'11" (180cm) with a 32" inseam and the 170mm fit perfectly with NO SHIMS on my Large MK1 Jeffsy AL. Plus it comes with shims if you need them. It's so much better than the E13 post

Thanks, you can find the V1 for a pretty good deal right now. 140 bucks at backcountry with 10% cash back from activejunky.

+1 for this except a carbon jeffsy. Wish i did it straight away.... the e13 isn't the worst thing ever but the oneup is wayyyyyy better.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Fishlexic wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:
chacou wrote:

I'm 5'11" (180cm) with a 32" inseam and the 170mm fit perfectly with NO SHIMS on my Large MK1 Jeffsy AL. Plus it comes with shims if you need them. It's so much better than the E13 post

Thanks, you can find the V1 for a pretty good deal right now. 140 bucks at backcountry with 10% cash back from activejunky.

+1 for this except a carbon jeffsy. Wish i did it straight away.... the e13 isn't the worst thing ever but the oneup is wayyyyyy better.

I do like having the e13 dropper for cold weather riding (just got one on a Capra), being mechanical it isn't as susceptible to the temperature. No doubt I love my OneUp more though, just doesn't work as well in the cold but I will be swapping the e13 dropper on my Capra out for a OneUp this spring.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
chacou wrote:
Fishlexic wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:

I do like having the e13 dropper for cold weather riding (just got one on a Capra), being mechanical it isn't as susceptible to the temperature. No doubt I love my OneUp more though, just doesn't work as well in the cold but I will be swapping the e13 dropper on my Capra out for a OneUp this spring.
A wolf tooth lever made my e13 dropper work great. I love how low maintenance it is....

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 21:27 Quote
asmtb wrote:
chacou wrote:
Fishlexic wrote:

A wolf tooth lever made my e13 dropper work great. I love how low maintenance it is....
I've started having issues with the e13 post not locking in place. Were you having similar issues before switching to the WT lever?

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 21:42 Quote
Thinking about getting a 29 Jeffsy. How does it ride through chunky rock and small bumps?
Is it chattery? Or more of a smooth hover bike?

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 3:21 Quote
shred-zilla wrote:
Thinking about getting a 29 Jeffsy. How does it ride through chunky rock and small bumps?
Depends on the suspension components because of the progressiveness of Jeffsy’s rear suspension curve. Mine is a ‘18 AL that came with Fox Rhythm fork and DPS shock. The DPS shock did not play well with the progressiveness of the rear as at 155lb it would buck me around and fight the with the fork. A more linear shock smooths that all out. I replaced mine with a McLeod the rear now floats through the rock gardens and eliminates small bumps. As a YT Bro has said replacing the DPS ‘changed my life’. Others love a coil shock on Jeffsy. Bottom line is with a linear shock and a good fork, Jeffsy is perfectly poised.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
shred-zilla wrote:

The stock shock/fork combos are great but it’s by no means a ‘hover’ bike. I put a Luftkappe in my 36 & went 160 travel and tossed an X2 out back and it’s made a night and day difference. With the DPX2 and no Luftkappe there’s definitely feedback, which some may like. Where I ride there’s so many rocks and rough trails I wanted to smooth things out a bit. I’ve tossed around the idea of a coil for some rides but haven’t had the money yet, everyone here raves on them though.

Overall Jeffsy is an amazing bike and excellent price for what you get, especially when compared to big brick and mortar brands.

Hope this helps.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006486
Mobile Version of Website