Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
austin915 wrote:
jackspice wrote:
I'm interested in running a coil on my Jeffsy. It's a 2020 model year.

I have a couple questions for those on coil:

- How do you like it?
- Would you recommend a coil with a climb assist?
- Anything you wish you would've known before making the purchase?

It would also be cool if you shared a photo of your coiled jeffsy.

I love it. I have a Cane Creek DB inline. I personally only use the climb switch if it is a fire road or if my wife is riding it on the road. I use my climb switch on the capra (float X2) during enduros on the way back up to possibly conserve any energy i can. Personally i dont believe it makes a big enough difference to worry about if it has it or not though. Most trail climbing if unless its perfectly smooth you are better off with it in open position anyway. The coil greatly improved traction on climbs as well. I do keep thinking about going back to an air shock (X2 if i do) simply because my wife rides it when we ride together and she weighs 20lbs less and is significatly less skilled than I. I ride the jeffsy around here on days she isnt with me and only use the capra for rougher trails when i go somewhere or when i do an enduro.
Only 2 things i wish i would have known before buying it was
1. Jenson was gonna have a sale that started 2 days after i ordered mine on the Coil DBCS that would put it only 10 dollars more expensive that what i paid for a Coil DBIL.
2. That the diet i was going on was gonna work as well as it did because i lost 20 lbs between ordering it and when i actually got to get seat time on it and needed to buy a lower spring rate
Hope this helps

Thanks for the feedback. If the supply chain isn’t delayed with COVID-19 I’m going to go coil in the spring. Pun not intended haha

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 5:55 Quote
I've got a 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race. It come with the XTR/Ethirteen 11 speed setup. Has anyone ditched this and gone with something else? Just curious what people have done. It's time for me to replace the cassette, I've got 3 options....I think
1.Replace the cassette with a SRAM 11 speed
2.Swap everything for an eagle groupset (except the cranks)
3.Swap for Shimano 12 speed but I'd need the new spline driver for my wheels.

I'm keen to get away from the Ethirteen cassette as it's a bit clunky with some of the shifting.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 6:09 Quote
birnie wrote:
I've got a 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race. It come with the XTR/Ethirteen 11 speed setup. Has anyone ditched this and gone with something else? Just curious what people have done. It's time for me to replace the cassette, I've got 3 options....I think

I'm keen to get away from the Ethirteen cassette as it's a bit clunky with some of the shifting.

Yes, I ditched it quickly and went with the XT8100. Love it.
Any Eagle drivetrain is going to be better also.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
I recently switch to Shimano 12 speed. Driver from E13 was about $80 so worth it happy I made the switch.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 9:35 Quote
joedave wrote:
birnie wrote:

Yes, I ditched it quickly and went with the XT8100. Love it.
Any Eagle drivetrain is going to be better also.

+1 for XT8100. It just works and I like the 51t big cog. I could never get the e13 cassette to shift well.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
birnie wrote:

I went with eagle - X01 cassette, XX1 chain, GX eagle mech and shifter.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
jackspice wrote:

- How do you like it?

I got the DB Inline Coil at the beginning of this season, after riding the stock RS Deluxe last season.

Love it so far, although with a caveat. It changes the character of the bike. Just so happens that it changes it in a way that is better suited to my riding. "Glued to the ground" is a cliche but it happens to be true. Rock gardens, roots, drops and corners all feel way more planted and stable. The bike lost a bit of the poppy, flick it around feel, but I'm good with that. I'm riding faster and with more confidence.

I like to climb. I went with the climbing switch. Don't use it a whole lot but I'm glad it's there when I do.

I wish I would have known how much a difference it made, so I would have pulled the trigger sooner. I'm not the kind of guy who can tell if I have 3lb less tire pressure, or the difference between a 66.8 and a66.5 degree head tube angle. I wasn't sure I'd be able to tell the difference between the coil and the air can. The difference is profound.

Photos of my setup (as well as shameless self-promotion of my website) can be found here:

https://freebikefender.com/

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
hey guys, my trs+ dropper post died on me today. the four torx screws at the base of the post became rusted and their heads sheered off from the base.. now the post just spins in circles.. (blessing in disguise??) ethirteen did kind of warranty it and is sending me a refurbished dropper.. has anyone had experience with their refurb droppers?? My main reason for posting tho is to ask if I can use my e13 dropper lever with a PNW bachelor dropper post or do I have to buy a different type of lever??

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for the PNW droppers. I've had two on two different bikes with zero issues.

I saved my e13 pos as a backup.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
eatplasticwater wrote:
jackspice wrote:

- How do you like it?

I got the DB Inline Coil at the beginning of this season, after riding the stock RS Deluxe last season.

Love it so far, although with a caveat. It changes the character of the bike. Just so happens that it changes it in a way that is better suited to my riding. "Glued to the ground" is a cliche but it happens to be true. Rock gardens, roots, drops and corners all feel way more planted and stable. The bike lost a bit of the poppy, flick it around feel, but I'm good with that. I'm riding faster and with more confidence.

I like to climb. I went with the climbing switch. Don't use it a whole lot but I'm glad it's there when I do.

I wish I would have known how much a difference it made, so I would have pulled the trigger sooner. I'm not the kind of guy who can tell if I have 3lb less tire pressure, or the difference between a 66.8 and a66.5 degree head tube angle. I wasn't sure I'd be able to tell the difference between the coil and the air can. The difference is profound.

Photos of my setup (as well as shameless self-promotion of my website) can be found here:

https://freebikefender.com/

Appreciate the feedback! I like the look of the DB inline.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
austin915 wrote:
jackspice wrote:

- How do you like it?

I love it. I have a Cane Creek DB inline. I personally only use the climb switch if it is a fire road or if my wife is riding it on the road. I use my climb switch on the capra (float X2) during enduros on the way back up to possibly conserve any energy i can. Personally i dont believe it makes a big enough difference to worry about if it has it or not though. Most trail climbing if unless its perfectly smooth you are better off with it in open position anyway. The coil greatly improved traction on climbs as well. I do keep thinking about going back to an air shock (X2 if i do) simply because my wife rides it when we ride together and she weighs 20lbs less and is significatly less skilled than I. I ride the jeffsy around here on days she isnt with me and only use the capra for rougher trails when i go somewhere or when i do an enduro.
1. Jenson was gonna have a sale that started 2 days after i ordered mine on the Coil DBCS that would put it only 10 dollars more expensive that what i paid for a Coil DBIL.
2. That the diet i was going on was gonna work as well as it did because i lost 20 lbs between ordering it and when i actually got to get seat time on it and needed to buy a lower spring rate
Hope this helps

Could you share your setting and your weight please ?
I also have the db coil il and it's hard to find the best tune. I will probably remove the 2mm spacer to reach 210x57mm and gain a little travel.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 18:52 Quote
AurelFarfadet wrote:
austin915 wrote:
jackspice wrote:

- How do you like it?

Hope this helps

Could you share your setting and your weight please ?
I also have the db coil il and it's hard to find the best tune. I will probably remove the 2mm spacer to reach 210x57mm and gain a little travel.

To be honest with you im easy to please when it comes to suspension. Right now its got a 550 spring and everything in the middle. Im going to go down to a 450 spring shortly cause ive lost 20lbs since i bought the shock. Was 180, now 160. Its just so much better than the deluxe that was on it that i dont have much of a gripe, i just know im missing out on some small bump sensitivity so ill go down a couple spring rates but honestly i could not touch anything and be perfectly happy. I didnt realize it was a little stiff until riding my capra with the x2 with 30% sag. I just set it to what cane creek recommended and left it alone. Sorry i couldnt be more help, ive just never been suspension sensitive, always just adjust myself to what its doing. I was the same way when i raced enduros on a dirtbike.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
Would it be a bad idea to put some frame protection like ridewrap over small paint chips? I have a handful of small paint chips on the frame from small rocks. I would like to add some frame protection to stop this from getting worst.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 21:13 Quote
trothgeb wrote:
Would it be a bad idea to put some frame protection like ridewrap over small paint chips? I have a handful of small paint chips on the frame from small rocks. I would like to add some frame protection to stop this from getting worst.

It’s fine to put protection film over small chips. Better late than never.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
trothgeb wrote:

I was told from YT to put clear nail polish over the cracks in my paint and that would stop it from getting worse. Probably the cheapest way if your just trying to prevent those areas from getting worse

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010719
Mobile Version of Website