Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
trothgeb wrote:
Would it be a bad idea to put some frame protection like ridewrap over small paint chips? I have a handful of small paint chips on the frame from small rocks. I would like to add some frame protection to stop this from getting worst.
photo

I was told from YT to put clear nail polish over the cracks in my paint and that would stop it from getting worse. Probably the cheapest way if your just trying to prevent those areas from getting worse

Thanks guys. Sounds like some clear nail polish then frame wrap will be the best option.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
Hi everyone! Has anyone gone from a Jeffsy to a Tues?

I'm Looking to buy a Tues but don't know whether to go 27 or 29. I have a 2019 29" Jeffsy cf pro (pretty much a pro race with the upgrades I made) in size large... I was looking to get a bike that is a little more playful to add to my collection, but YT sorta tried to talk me out of it saying that going from 27>29 is more common than 29>27. I love the way my Jeffsy is but figured I'd inquire here. Im not very advanced ... I won't be doing backflips or huge tricks... but maybe start whipping once I get used to the TUES. Looking forward to your responses!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say about the best way to add to my jeffsy

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 11:11 Quote
2020 Jeffsy Pro Race 29 sizing - L or XL?

I'm 6' and 32-33" inseam. According to updated size guide I'm top end of the Large and bottom end of the XL. I've read that the 2018/bikes ran a little smaller maybe and to size up if in between. Any advice? I chatted with a YT rep on their site and he said go XL but I wanted to triangulate with some peer-sources input (hopefully from someone who is on the 2020 frame and my size!). Thanks!

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
sethrm wrote:

I'm 6' and 32-33" inseam. According to updated size guide I'm top end of the Large and bottom end of the XL. I've read that the 2018/bikes ran a little smaller maybe and to size up if in between. Any advice? I chatted with a YT rep on their site and he said go XL but I wanted to triangulate with some peer-sources input (hopefully from someone who is on the 2020 frame and my size!). Thanks!

I’m the same height as you and I’m on a large. No complaints and I don’t feel cramped in the cockpit. My advice is if you want an agile and flickable bike then go with a large if you want a more stable, race friendly bike then go with the XL.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
sethrm wrote:

I’m the same height as you and I’m on a large. No complaints and I don’t feel cramped in the cockpit. My advice is if you want an agile and flickable bike then go with a large if you want a more stable, race friendly bike then go with the XL.

Same. I’m 6’ 3/4” and went L. 33” inseam. No regrets. I just put a 175mm dropper on it is all. Love it

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
Awesome intel. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
Does the Pro race and Comp 29 jeffsy 2020 model have the same rear travel of 150mm?

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
Does the Pro race and Comp 29 jeffsy 2020 model have the same rear travel of 150mm?
yes, all 29ers are 150 now

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 4:52 Quote
Spoke Advice:

I've a 2018 Jeffsy CF Pro with DT SWISS XMC1200 SPLINE wheels.
I've broken a spoke on both front and rear - any advice on make and length I need to replace on each?

Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
robbie9linton wrote:
Spoke Advice:

I've broken a spoke on both front and rear - any advice on make and length I need to replace on each?

Thanks in advance

It was PITA to find the correct spoke lengths when I needed to replace one on my M1700's. I eventually found out those from DT Swiss Techbook in ISSUU platform. This one is for year 2017, not sure if later ones are any different, but probably the same stuff: https://issuu.com/dtswiss/docs/bro_techbook_my2017_a4q_20160819_lo

For 29" XMC1200 Spline wheels it seems to be 296 or 297mm, depending on which side. See page 17 on the Techbook...

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 15:33 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:
robbie9linton wrote:
Spoke Advice:

Thanks in advance

It was PITA to find the correct spoke lengths when I needed to replace one on my M1700's. I eventually found out those from DT Swiss Techbook in ISSUU platform. This one is for year 2017, not sure if later ones are any different, but probably the same stuff: https://issuu.com/dtswiss/docs/bro_techbook_my2017_a4q_20160819_lo

For 29" XMC1200 Spline wheels it seems to be 296 or 297mm, depending on which side. See page 17 on the Techbook...

And once you find the spoke you need, it is really hard to buy in a small amount. And several lengths per wheel, such a pin in the...
That is one of the rare thing I let a mechanics do. My local shop has long spokes that he cuts to the right lenght and he shapes the thread with a kind of pliers.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
robbie9linton wrote:
Spoke Advice:

Thanks in advance

Just curious as I have been looking at those wheels for my 2017 CF Pro 29er - I assume you fitted the XMC wheels as an upgrade - are they the 24mm internal or 30mm internal version and how have you found them? Do they flex at all?

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 0:02 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:
Vertti83 wrote:
robbie9linton wrote:
Spoke Advice:

Thanks in advance

And once you find the spoke you need, it is really hard to buy in a small amount. And several lengths per wheel, such a pin in the...
That is one of the rare thing I let a mechanics do. My local shop has long spokes that he cuts to the right lenght and he shapes the thread with a kind of pliers.

At least Bike24 sells also straight pull spokes per spoke, I got mine there. Price might be higher than when bying "a whole pack", but anyway you are then getting just couple of spokes so shouldn't be too dramatic...

Also, the length isn't that exact, if the spokes are 296/297mm, you can just pick either length and be happy with that. If the spoke is a millimeter or two too long, it most probably works just fine. The sizing DT offers for most spare spokes seems to be with 2mm intervals too, so you could just get either 296mm or 298mm ones, whichever seem are available.

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Does anyone know the actual frame weight of the 2020 Jeffsy 29 alloy and Carbon versions?

Trying to decide which frame to make a build on!

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Hi guys looking for alternative bottom bracket for the 2017 al 29er jeffsy... any suggestions

Thanks .. locked up at home why not strip the bike ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018191
Mobile Version of Website