Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
I used the tailored Ridewrap kit... the fit is excellent

mannymtnbk wrote:
justaguy1 wrote:

My Jeffsy Blaze finally arrived... Got it setup, and wrapped!! Can't wait to hit the trails

What wrap did u use? I’m looking for a brand to wrap my Jeffsy as well

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 22:14 Quote
[Quote="justaguy1"]I used the tailored Ridewrap kit... the fit is excellent

Okay sick, i was actually looking at Ridewrap. How long did it take you to wrap the bike approxiamtely?

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 23:23 Quote
My Jeffsy Blaze came factory wrapped on all critical areas: downtube, heel and tyre areas on stays, seattube lower, and even at the water bottle area (bottom side for Thirstmaster).
I was very pleasently surprised by this. Is it default for other Jeffsy models too?

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 8:22 Quote
It took me about 2 hrs... But I took some breaks in between.

I highly suggest a bottle with diluted isopropyl alcohol in it... Use it as a tack solution. So one bottle with baby shampoo for a slip solution (so you can move the film around) and one bottle for rubbing alcohol for a tack solution (once you have it in place you can spray this and it helps the film stick)

This is how ppf installers do it, so I just followed the same technique.

[Quote="mannymtnbk"]
justaguy1 wrote:
I used the tailored Ridewrap kit... the fit is excellent

Okay sick, i was actually looking at Ridewrap. How long did it take you to wrap the bike approxiamtely?

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
That’s not too bad at all, and thanks for the tips on techniques. I saw someone post somewhere that isopropyl alcohol made their wrap turn a pinkish colour but I gather u didn’t have that experience.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
No I haven't... But make sure to dilute the isopropyl.

I did the ppf for my car too and I've had no issues.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
justaguy1 wrote:
No I haven't... But make sure to dilute the isopropyl.

I did the ppf for my car too and I've had no issues.

What's PPF and what do you dilute the isopropyl with? Water? Do you just spray it all over the top of the film after its in place? Can't see how it would work

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
Ppf is paint protection film... It's the same thing but for cars, could even be the same material, I just don't know what brand ridewrap uses.

No you spray the tack solution under the film... The isopropyl evaporates the slip solution quicker to get it to stay in place, this is especially useful on the edges which sometimes are a pain to get stuck. It's also useful in larger pieces as it allows you to anchor it on one end, so you can get the other end aligned.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
justaguy1 wrote:

Jeffsy Blaze wrapped!!

How much stuff did you take off before applying the wrap? I just received my Jeffsy the other day and my RideWrap this morning. I"m curious if I really need to snip the zip ties or take off the chainstay protector. It doesn't even look like it comes off honestly.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
I have owned my Jeff’s he blaze for around three months now and here is a heads up. I wear a thicker enduro like shoe and the edges clip on the protector on the top half of the rear triangle. It peeled it back and I took some extra pieces from my ams kit and replaced it. I’m not sure on anything else to takeoff, but definitely the one on the upper half of the rear triangle

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
Anyone have any idea how long it is taking YT to ship small parts. Ordered a couple hangers and I'm wondering how long it will be before they get here. Shipping was almost as much as a hanger!

I'm in US.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
HooperAK wrote:
Anyone have any idea how long it is taking YT to ship small parts. Ordered a couple hangers and I'm wondering how long it will be before they get here. Shipping was almost as much as a hanger!

I'm in US.
Also ordered a hanger when I got the bike and it came in under a week. Maybe I was lucky from what I have heard tho?

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
Riderben wrote:
HooperAK wrote:

I'm in US.
Also ordered a hanger when I got the bike and it came in under a week. Maybe I was lucky from what I have heard tho?

I've been trying to get a derailleur hanger from YT Canada since October...

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Try North Shore Billet...

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
Hmmm that's what I was afraid of. Ordered a few days ago and still hasn't shipped. Atleast the one I have on now is just bent enough to remind me to order some. And should work fine for a while with minor alignment.

Unfortunately NSB doesn't make derailleurs for the current Jeffsy model.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006611
Mobile Version of Website