Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
My 2021 Core 4 Jeffsy. Size large. I switched out the seatpost for a OneUp V2 150mm and shimmed it down to 130mm, PNW loam lever, OneUp aluminum pedals, Renthal Fatbar Carbon Lite low bars, Absolute Black chainguide, tubeless...
The bike is absolutley fantastic! My last trail bike was a SantaCruz Blur LTc with a similar build, and this thing climbs a little slower but feels way faster descending. I'm super happy!

photo

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
farmer-john-2000 wrote:
My 2021 Core 4 Jeffsy. Size large. I switched out the seatpost for a OneUp V2 150mm and shimmed it down to 130mm, PNW loam lever, OneUp aluminum pedals, Renthal Fatbar Carbon Lite low bars, Absolute Black chainguide, tubeless...
The bike is absolutley fantastic! My last trail bike was a SantaCruz Blur LTc with a similar build, and this thing climbs a little slower but feels way faster descending. I'm super happy!

photo

Bike looks sick. Just got my Core 2 a few days ago. Would you mind sharing how tall you are by any chance? I was in between sizes at 5’9 so I went with the M. I’ve only gotten a few rides in but so far sizing is ok.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:17 Quote
mannymtnbk wrote:
farmer-john-2000 wrote:

photo

Bike looks sick. Just got my Core 2 a few days ago. Would you mind sharing how tall you are by any chance? I was in between sizes at 5’9 so I went with the M. I’ve only gotten a few rides in but so far sizing is ok.

Sure! I’m 5’10”. I was also on the fence about sizing. The large feels great, but the stock 150mm YT dropper was too long for me hence changing to the OneUp and reducing the travel. The saddle is about 45mm lower now and it’s perfect. I’m sure a medium would’ve worked for me too, but I’m happy.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Also, I’m thinking of getting a rear coil shock to throw on. Probably a Push Elevensix, but I keep drooling over the Ohlins TTX22M. I suppose the custom aspect of the Push will far eclipse an off the shelf Ohlins every day of the week. Does anyone have any useful input on one vs the other?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
farmer-john-2000 wrote:
Also, I’m thinking of getting a rear coil shock to throw on. Probably a Push Elevensix, but I keep drooling over the Ohlins TTX22M. I suppose the custom aspect of the Push will far eclipse an off the shelf Ohlins every day of the week. Does anyone have any useful input on one vs the other?

Is the elevensix reasonably priced on that side of the pond? It's crazy expensive over here in the UK and hardly see any of them but it seems loads of people from the states and Canada on here use them.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
Tommy-P87 wrote:
farmer-john-2000 wrote:

Is the elevensix reasonably priced on that side of the pond? It's crazy expensive over here in the UK and hardly see any of them but it seems loads of people from the states and Canada on here use them.

$1200, but you can send it in and have them fit it to other bikes for $400 so its a lifetime part if you love it...

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
farmer-john-2000 wrote:

I've been so close to pulling trigger on Ohlins multiple times in past couple months!

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
I put a jade x on mine from new so I don't know what the air shock feels like on the bike but the coil definitely tracks the ground better than any air shock I've had

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 0:59 Quote
HooperAK wrote:
Hmmm that's what I was afraid of. Ordered a few days ago and still hasn't shipped. Atleast the one I have on now is just bent enough to remind me to order some. And should work fine for a while with minor alignment.

Unfortunately NSB doesn't make derailleurs for the current Jeffsy model.

Update on this. The hangers randomly showed up like a week after the order was placed. Never got a shipping confirmation or anything. So that's cool.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
HooperAK wrote:
HooperAK wrote:
Hmmm that's what I was afraid of. Ordered a few days ago and still hasn't shipped. Atleast the one I have on now is just bent enough to remind me to order some. And should work fine for a while with minor alignment.

Update on this. The hangers randomly showed up like a week after the order was placed. Never got a shipping confirmation or anything. So that's cool.
I bought a hanger alignment tool for the cost of 2 hangers to maintain all the bikes...yea, still need a trail spare for worst case scenario...d;o)

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
undescended wrote:
HooperAK wrote:
HooperAK wrote:

I bought a hanger alignment tool for the cost of 2 hangers to maintain all the bikes...yea, still need a trail spare for worst case scenario...d;o)

The alignment tool is great to have around for sure. Always worried about breaking it out on the trail though after it's been bent back a few times. I had one on my fatbike break at the top riding up a big gravel climb once. Not sure how that happened. But atleast it was at the top lol.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
photo
I discovered what seems to be a small crack in my frame just in front of the point where the rear brake hose exits the main frame. The “crack” is maybe 5mm long and doesn’t extend all the way to the screw hole. It’s on both sides of the frame as well, pretty much the same spot and same size from what I can judge. I haven’t gone through 100s of pages of posts, but has anyone else seen this?

It’s a 2019 CF Pro, by the way. I barely ride rough stuff on it - COVID etc has prevented me from going abroad!

I also submitted the photo of YT support on Sunday, but no response yet.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 2:15 Quote
Anyone can tell me what is the maximum seatpost insertion on Jeffsy V1 2016 29er XL size?

I have about 3cm of my 150 reverb sticking out of the frame and want to check what is max dropper I can fit if I slam dropper. New reverb has much lower stack height, ONe up even more so 200mm dropper could maybe fit IF it can fit the frame.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 2:51 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
photo
I discovered what seems to be a small crack in my frame just in front of the point where the rear brake hose exits the main frame. The “crack” is maybe 5mm long and doesn’t extend all the way to the screw hole. It’s on both sides of the frame as well, pretty much the same spot and same size from what I can judge. I haven’t gone through 100s of pages of posts, but has anyone else seen this?

It’s a 2019 CF Pro, by the way. I barely ride rough stuff on it - COVID etc has prevented me from going abroad!

2 weeks later and complete radio silence. Just spent 60 mins on hold to their German phone number, but never got connected to anyone. Sad state of affairs at this company in terms of service.... Cry

Only minor upside is that the "cracks" don't appear to be progressing. Still eager to get some clarity on what it is though...

Edit: not sure if this message helped but I finally got a reply through YT's instagram channel. Nothing useful but at least a sign of life. The waiting continues...

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
Mfacey wrote:
photo

2 weeks later and complete radio silence. Just spent 60 mins on hold to their German phone number, but never got connected to anyone. Sad state of affairs at this company in terms of service.... Cry

Only minor upside is that the "cracks" don't appear to be progressing. Still eager to get some clarity on what it is though...

Edit: not sure if this message helped but I finally got a reply through YT's instagram channel. Nothing useful but at least a sign of life. The waiting continues...

I had a similar issue with my 2017 jeffsy. YT USA got back to me pretty quickly and said they just look like surface cracks in the paint and that there is a lot of carbon in that area. Looks similar to what you're seeing, but I'm not an expert...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017005
Mobile Version of Website