Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
serveace wrote:

I had a similar issue with my 2017 jeffsy. YT USA got back to me pretty quickly and said they just look like surface cracks in the paint and that there is a lot of carbon in that area. Looks similar to what you're seeing, but I'm not an expert...

Did you keep (riding) the bike, and did it hold?

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
serveace wrote:
Mfacey wrote:
Mfacey wrote:
I discovered what seems to be a small crack in my frame just in front of the point where the rear brake hose exits the main frame. The “crack” is maybe 5mm long and doesn’t extend all the way to the screw hole. It’s on both sides of the frame as well, pretty much the same spot and same size from what I can judge. I haven’t gone through 100s of pages of posts, but has anyone else seen this?

It’s a 2019 CF Pro, by the way. I barely ride rough stuff on it - COVID etc has prevented me from going abroad!

I also submitted the photo of YT support on Sunday, but no response yet.

2 weeks later and complete radio silence. Just spent 60 mins on hold to their German phone number, but never got connected to anyone. Sad state of affairs at this company in terms of service.... Cry

Only minor upside is that the "cracks" don't appear to be progressing. Still eager to get some clarity on what it is though...

Edit: not sure if this message helped but I finally got a reply through YT's instagram channel. Nothing useful but at least a sign of life. The waiting continues...

I had a similar issue with my 2017 jeffsy. YT USA got back to me pretty quickly and said they just look like surface cracks in the paint and that there is a lot of carbon in that area. Looks similar to what you're seeing, but I'm not an expert...

That’s my thinking too. If you give the frame a tap there it sounds like the thickest part of pretty much the whole frame.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 19:16 Quote
TibZ wrote:
serveace wrote:

Did you keep (riding) the bike, and did it hold?

Kept riding it. It did some Enduro races and held up fine. Eventually sold it and bought a 2019 bc i wanted to switch to a 29er.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 22:29 Quote
s-g wrote:
Riderben wrote:
HooperAK wrote:
Anyone have any idea how long it is taking YT to ship small parts. Ordered a couple hangers and I'm wondering how long it will be before they get here. Shipping was almost as much as a hanger!

I'm in US.
Also ordered a hanger when I got the bike and it came in under a week. Maybe I was lucky from what I have heard tho?

I've been trying to get a derailleur hanger from YT Canada since October...

It looks like yt has updated the Canadian site to include parts again. I ordered my thirstmaster 4000 and a spare hanger earlier this week

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
justaguy1 wrote:
s-g wrote:
Riderben wrote:

Also ordered a hanger when I got the bike and it came in under a week. Maybe I was lucky from what I have heard tho?

I've been trying to get a derailleur hanger from YT Canada since October...

It looks like yt has updated the Canadian site to include parts again. I ordered my thirstmaster 4000 and a spare hanger earlier this week

Don't know if you saw my follow up post, I never got a tracking number or shipping confirmation but my bag of derailleur hangers showed up a week after I placed order. Not bad YT

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 18:35 Quote
So I was looking for something in the box that comes with the bike and I noticed a little box that I somehow didn’t open when I got the bike. This sick keychain was inside. I didn’t get one with my dirt jumper. Is this just for the blaze models?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
Riderben wrote:
So I was looking for something in the box that comes with the bike and I noticed a little box that I somehow didn’t open when I got the bike. This sick keychain was inside. I didn’t get one with my dirt jumper. Is this just for the blaze models?

I think everyone gets a key chain. I got one with a Core 3.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
Mfacey wrote:
I discovered what seems to be a small crack in my frame just in front of the point where the rear brake hose exits the main frame. The “crack” is maybe 5mm long and doesn’t extend all the way to the screw hole. It’s on both sides of the frame as well, pretty much the same spot and same size from what I can judge. I haven’t gone through 100s of pages of posts, but has anyone else seen this?

It’s a 2019 CF Pro, by the way. I barely ride rough stuff on it - COVID etc has prevented me from going abroad!

2 weeks later and complete radio silence. Just spent 60 mins on hold to their German phone number, but never got connected to anyone. Sad state of affairs at this company in terms of service.... Cry

Only minor upside is that the "cracks" don't appear to be progressing. Still eager to get some clarity on what it is though...

Edit: not sure if this message helped but I finally got a reply through YT's instagram channel. Nothing useful but at least a sign of life. The waiting continues...

Well after another complaint to YT on their Instagram channel I finally had a response today. They want to inspect the frame which is fine. What isn’t fine is that they expect just the inspection to take 35-40 working days. WTF!
Yes that’s TWO MONTHS . During riding season! And who knows what the turn around time will be if they actually need to replace something….

I’ve been monitoring it and some far the “crack” hasn’t progressed. I’ve asked if we can delay the inspection till after the summer but I’m not expecting them to be in favor of that…

Really annoyed. I missed out on a month of riding during peak season last summer due to a cracked ethirteen rim. And now this.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
Mfacey wrote:
Mfacey wrote:

Well after another complaint to YT on their Instagram channel I finally had a response today. They want to inspect the frame which is fine. What isn’t fine is that they expect just the inspection to take 35-40 working days. WTF!
Yes that’s TWO MONTHS . During riding season! And who knows what the turn around time will be if they actually need to replace something….

I’ve been monitoring it and some far the “crack” hasn’t progressed. I’ve asked if we can delay the inspection till after the summer but I’m not expecting them to be in favor of that…

Really annoyed. I missed out on a month of riding during peak season last summer due to a cracked ethirteen rim. And now this.

Ya that's definitely your fault by being so persistent lol. My Jeffsy has paint cracks along the down tube/seat tube junction and YT US said it was normal for high stress areas to do that.

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
Core 3 and 4 look like they went up in price by $199 US

Posted: May 29, 2021 at 3:47 Quote
Heard UK went up 150quid as well...

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
Hi guys.

I’m sure you have heard this one a bunch of times but bare with me please. I’m looking to preorder a Jeffsy core 2 29r. I’m torn on what size to go with. I’m 6’3” with a 34inch inseam. Should I go with the XL or the XXL? Any help would be appreciated. I emailed YT but they haven’t gotten back to me yet.

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 0:41 Quote
JWrath66 wrote:
Hi guys.

I’m sure you have heard this one a bunch of times but bare with me please. I’m looking to preorder a Jeffsy core 2 29r. I’m torn on what size to go with. I’m 6’3” with a 34inch inseam. Should I go with the XL or the XXL? Any help would be appreciated. I emailed YT but they haven’t gotten back to me yet.

Thanks.

I'd say it depends how and where you ride. I'm just over 6'3" and I went XXL, only place I wish I'd gone down a size is super super tight switchbacks but even then the jump between sizes is small and I don't think an XL would be that much different in those situations. I did go to a 35mm stem which I think helped with that. Everywhere is it's perfect and I'm happy with my choice.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
JWrath66 wrote:
Hi guys.

Thanks.

I’m 6’ on XL 2020, had L 2018 felt a little cramped especially standing up peddling.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Does anyone know which headset the 2020 Jeffsy base aluminium model takes? Thinking of getting a works components 1 degree slacker one, since my bearings are pretty much dead. Also how much steerer tube do I need? It's cut super short and there's only a 5mm spacer on there at the moment. The acros cap around the top of headset seems super tall though and the works ones look shorter so might be fine

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007970
Mobile Version of Website