Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
undescended wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:
I'd imagine this has been asked and answered here before. Does anyone know the sizes of the Fox hardware needed to mount a Bomber CR to a 2020 Jeffsy?
Hey Bro, The MK2 CF exploded drawing shows Front-8x20/Rear-8x40, AL should be the same.

Hah John!! That's so funny, I should have hit you up. I just realized this is you from your profile picture! Thanks man!

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
undescended wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:
I'd imagine this has been asked and answered here before. Does anyone know the sizes of the Fox hardware needed to mount a Bomber CR to a 2020 Jeffsy?
Hey Bro, The MK2 CF exploded drawing shows Front-8x20/Rear-8x40, AL should be the same.

Hah John!! That's so funny, I should have hit you up. I just realized this is you from your profile picture! Thanks man!

And sorry John just for clarification. I'm guessing those hardware pieces from Fox will be a little different than from Rockshox at the same measurements? I think the eyelet/bushing thickness is different between Rockshox and Marzocchi.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:

And sorry John just for clarification. I'm guessing those hardware pieces from Fox will be a little different than from Rockshox at the same measurements? I think the eyelet/bushing thickness is different between Rockshox and Marzocchi.
Eyelet ID should be the same but spacers may differ...When I put a McLeod on my MK1, it needed the Fox spacers because the RS spacers were too thick...

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
undescended wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:

Eyelet ID should be the same but spacers may differ...When I put a McLeod on my MK1, it needed the Fox spacers because the RS spacers were too thick...

Gotcha OK that makes sense! Thanks bro!

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
undescended wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:

Gotcha OK that makes sense! Thanks bro!

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Has anyone ever seen this, or is this something I can submit a claim to YT?
I see small fissure in the frame around the head tube, not sure if it is something I should be worried about.
It seems to follow the decal for a couple inches at the head tube. I was having trouble capturing a good photo, but I can definitely see the crack in the metal.
I have a 2018 AL Base 29er.
I noticed it while taking off the stock Rhythm 34 140mm fork, planning to put a Fox 36 150mm on there. But want to get this checked out first, see the pics.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
Seems like the paint / clear coat is aging?

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 20:21 Quote
2020 jeffsy 29 CF Pro Race Large

I just picked up this bike new from YT at a downhill event they attended.

After 3 rides my issues are:

1) frequent pedal strike on trials which I’ve rode for 10 years w minimal strikes. I am in the low setting flip setting.

2) squishy sounding FOX DPX2 FLOAT Factory

The YT tent set up my suspension. I am 200lbs and they set the rear shock at about 220 for 30% sag.

I ordered a 170mm XO1 crank today but that’s a shame on such a new bike.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
My dpx2 float performance also has a squishy sound on my core 2. Doesn’t seem to have affected the suspension so far

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
Twoxstreem wrote:

1) frequent pedal strike on trials which I’ve rode for 10 years w minimal strikes. I am in the low setting flip setting.

The YT tent set up my suspension. I am 200lbs and they set the rear shock at about 220 for 30% sag.

Thanks.
Just for reference, I have a 2018 with a factory DPX2 weight about the same as you and run 265 PSI

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, Ill try to up the air and see if that helps.

trothgeb wrote:
Twoxstreem wrote:

Thanks.
Just for reference, I have a 2018 with a factory DPX2 weight about the same as you and run 265 PSI

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
6’6”, 230#. 2020 Jeffsy Comp. I don’t think a big guy can put enough pressure in a DPX2. Blew mine out, replaced it with a coil. So happy now!

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
Twoxstreem wrote:

1) frequent pedal strike on trials which I’ve rode for 10 years w minimal strikes. I am in the low setting flip setting......

Thanks.
Increasing front travel 10mm can be cheap or a Runt air cartridge provides more support and rides higher in travel...

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
Most bikes come with 170 cranks now.
Yup, normal noises from the dpx2. Needs volume bands to help u out until u find a coil or x2.

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
Anyone know of any frame internal cable routing covers (with holes) that fit the Jeffsy (2019 mk1). Something like this: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/problem-solvers-bubs-6-x-6mm-di2-frame-plug-with-hole-bag-of-4 . I lost a cover when doing some maintenance, probably not the worst thing in the world to just have it uncovered but I honestly hate the stock frame covers, they dig into the cables, most aggressively on the cable to the dropper, it’s chewed it up on my bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008284
Mobile Version of Website