LSR 2

DPX2
250lbs
0.86 token (second largest token)
from fully closed (firm)
rebound 9
compression 6

New Crank arms 170MM
nearly identical feel as the 175mm with 100x less pedal strikes on the low setting.
High flip chip setting is too upright, forward and stiff for my liking.

After 1 full day of downhill and 2, 10 mile trail rides:

-pedal bob is very slight on open switch when standing and climbing
-pedal bob is basically non existent on climb switch
-travel is active with moderate to strong ramp up at full stuff
-rear braking traction is excellent
-fork is predictable and soaks up chop and drops

Geometry going from 150 to 160mm fork: is 0.5 degrees slacker up front and .5% less on the seat tube.

extremely pleased with the versatility and stability of this frame and this set up.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about going 160mm up front.

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
Hi!

I have a Jeffsy -29 AL Base 2020, need to change my bottom braket, what do I need?
Took of the cranks and one side dident runt smooth.

Name/type of the spare parts?
Special tools?

Many thanks!

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
davveno1 wrote:
Hi!

I have a Jeffsy -29 AL Base 2020, need to change my bottom braket, what do I need?

Special tools?

Many thanks!

It's press-fit so you'll need to get a tool to remove the cups that hold the bearings. I'm guessing the AL Base also has a SRAM DUB BB. I believe its a PF92 off the top of my head, but don't quote me on that! You'll need to buy our make a bearing press to press the new BB into the frame. Its not a lot of work but the tools can be pricey.
Unless you're planning on doing it more frequently I'd recommend a LBS to do it for you.

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
davveno1 wrote:
Hi!

Special tools?

Many thanks!

It's press-fit so you'll need to get a tool to remove the cups that hold the bearings. I'm guessing the AL Base also has a SRAM DUB BB. I believe its a PF92 off the top of my head, but don't quote me on that! You'll need to buy our make a bearing press to press the new BB into the frame. Its not a lot of work but the tools can be pricey.
Unless you're planning on doing it more frequently I'd recommend a LBS to do it for you.

Okey!

I like do things on my own, the tools maybe cost as mush as the lbs do.

https://bikeshop.se/sram/006418016000/sram-dub-pf89-92-vevlager-dub-pf89-92mm?gclid=CjwKCAjwyIKJBhBPEiwAu7zllw4t3gRtZIioNuokNF9XLlDj9B2tKLurFs6uKZKpEjyXiJcbBlr8LxoCIJoQAvD_BwE

This should fit?

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
https://www.cykelgear.se/verktyg/vevlager-ovh-vevparti/parktool-rt-1-styrlagervevlager-utdrivare?gclid=CjwKCAjwyIKJBhBPEiwAu7zll2uZD4E9udvv2-hq9aK_sAf55GTCDdw7QJzaFNeMAUZSeJ5-_Z7unxoClkwQAvD_BwE

Is this the tool for removal of the old bearings?

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Pf92 bottom bracket... Removal tool is 12quid on ebay.
Buy a press tool for 15quid and it will come in when you swap your headset

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
Yepp thanks all, just swapped it.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
hey guys im trying to find headset beaings for my 2018 jeffsey cf. The headset is tapered Acros AIX-326. The Bottom Bracket is Race Face BB92 press fit. Not sure what to buy to replace these parts to get a tune up. Would anyone be able to help me find what parts I need?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
Twoxstreem wrote:
2020 jeffsy 29 CF Pro Race Large

I just picked up this bike new from YT at a downhill event they attended.

After 3 rides my issues are:

1) frequent pedal strike on trials which I’ve rode for 10 years w minimal strikes. I am in the low setting flip setting.

2) squishy sounding FOX DPX2 FLOAT Factory

The YT tent set up my suspension. I am 200lbs and they set the rear shock at about 220 for 30% sag.

I ordered a 170mm XO1 crank today but that’s a shame on such a new bike.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks.
I have the same problem on my 21 Core 4. Gonna try the high BB setting because I don’t want to screw with my sag

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 16:05 Quote
kwietrick wrote:
First thread photos! The evolution of my bike...

Day 1:

New fork and shock:

Currently:

Are you happy with the coil? Any downside to the coil on climbing, weight, etc?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
Jeff mk2

Currently running a borrowed 160 Bomber Z1 because the 36 Rhythm developed the creak. Think i'll be sticking to 160, maybe it's the placebo effect but i feel like it does help on descents.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
Anyone here have shock settings with the new Float X performance yet? PSI for the 36 Performance with GRIP wouldn't hurt either.

With all my gear I'm generally between 255 and 270 given the month. I've got my new XL Core 2 29er coming in next week and trying to determine if folks are staying close to Fox's recommended pressures.

Same question goes for how many tokens folks are running in the shock and fork.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
I’m 230 geared up. Fox’s fork tuning suggestions have been spot on for me and I usually add 1 volume spacer to their forks. I maxed out the spacers on my DPX2 when I was using it.

Overall, I find I do better when I tune the ride for a firm feel with more mid-stroke support and give up a little plushness.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
Recently upgraded to a Fox Factory 38 160 (stock is 150) on my 2020 Jeffsy XXL and I can tell after a couple of rides that it is what I was looking for, but it does seem to have affected climbing capabilities a bit. I'm wondering if I should flip to high mode to help with that a little bit?

This is by far the slackest bike I have had, and I am never feel the need for it to be slacker.

Can anyone who has done similar on theirs provide their experience with flipping to high mode when adding more travel to their fork?

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Here's how she looks now.

new brakes rotors headset and fork. ready for fall shreddin

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008355
Mobile Version of Website