Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 18:48 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Recently upgraded to a Fox Factory 38 160 (stock is 150) on my 2020 Jeffsy XXL and I can tell after a couple of rides that it is what I was looking for, but it does seem to have affected climbing capabilities a bit. I'm wondering if I should flip to high mode to help with that a little bit?

This is by far the slackest bike I have had, and I am never feel the need for it to be slacker.

Can anyone who has done similar on theirs provide their experience with flipping to high mode when adding more travel to their fork?
I had a simular increase in climbing effort required when I swaped in a 10mm longer fork. Did you try raising your seat a little or moving it foward. I did both to compensate for the change in angle related to your hip position and the pedals.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Pros/Cons to moving to coil from air spring shock on the Jeffsy? Really interested in how this move would effect climbing and/or weight.

Anything you can share is appreciated

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
I have a YT jeffsy blaze and I am running into a bit of a rear shock issue. I have been running through my travel a bit fast. I run around 23-25% sag and have the max number of tokens in without a gnar dog. Any ideas on what to do?

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
Gbone wrote:
Pros/Cons to moving to coil from air spring shock on the Jeffsy? Really interested in how this move would effect climbing and/or weight.

I switched to a Push 11/6 and it improved climbing by providing better small bump sensitivity and better mid-stroke support. I didn’t notice the weight.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Riderben wrote:
I have a YT jeffsy blaze and I am running into a bit of a rear shock issue. I have been running through my travel a bit fast. I run around 23-25% sag and have the max number of tokens in without a gnar dog. Any ideas on what to do?

With the FOX DPX2, i found that upping the Volume space to the next largest size made for a better progression i am around 205 LBS.

Since i have swapped in a Fox DHX2 coil (600 LB) and found no issues bottoming out with a much more predictable ride and progressive feel.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
Gbone wrote:

I switched to a Push 11/6 and it improved climbing by providing better small bump sensitivity and better mid-stroke support. I didn’t notice the weight.

I swapped the dpx2 for a DHX2 and have been psyched on the performance. Downhills are excellent of course, but uphill I’m glad to have the climb switch. It completely firms up the platform. Definitely have some noticeable bob and loss of efficiency when im pedaling in wide open.

That being said I think the climb switch has kept me from really playing with the LSC settings, which might temper that movement further in open.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 3:35 Quote
Hey guys! I know it's already on here somewhere but using pb's search fails me: i'm looking for the mk2 Jeffsy 29's bearing sizes for the rear end. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
Hey guys! I know it's already on here somewhere but using pb's search fails me: i'm looking for the mk2 Jeffsy 29's bearing sizes for the rear end. Thanks in advance!
JEFFSY_MK2

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
Does the aluminium frame use all the same bearings and bits?

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
undescended wrote:
wowbagger wrote:
JEFFSY_MK2

Cheers, much appreciated!

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
HI folks, newbie to the forum, I just ordered a Jeffsy core 29er, I'm a little curious about the sizing though, I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. I was right between L and XL. Talked to the YT folks in San Clemente and they told me to size up to the XL. The reach seems a little long, but I can always get a shorter stem. My biggest concern is the 170mm dropper, with the thing pegged all the way down to the clamp is it still going to be to long? I'm coming from a 2017 transition scout L, with a 150mm dropper I have it sticking out about 1". It also seems that the YT postman sits down in the seat tube more then the Reverb dropper that I currently have. Any thoughts?

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
I have a feeling you will be fine. I am on an XXL and I bought a 210 mm dropper. I'm 6' 6" with a 36" inseam.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I have a feeling you will be fine. I am on an XXL and I bought a 210 mm dropper. I'm 6' 6" with a 36" inseam.

+1. I’m on an xxl at 6’3” and have room to spare on a 200mm dropper.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
I also agree. I could fit a longer dropped on mine and I also know someone who's put a 210 on theirs. I wouldn't worry

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
Fireman328 wrote:
HI folks, newbie to the forum, I just ordered a Jeffsy core 29er, I'm a little curious about the sizing though, I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. I was right between L and XL. Talked to the YT folks in San Clemente and they told me to size up to the XL. The reach seems a little long, but I can always get a shorter stem. My biggest concern is the 170mm dropper, with the thing pegged all the way down to the clamp is it still going to be to long? I'm coming from a 2017 transition scout L, with a 150mm dropper I have it sticking out about 1". It also seems that the YT postman sits down in the seat tube more then the Reverb dropper that I currently have. Any thoughts?

6'3" here with 32" inseam on an XL. I'm running a 175mm Fox Transfer. Still an inch or so of extra space to drop the post further.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007583
Mobile Version of Website