Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Author Message
Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
Galfer rotors and pads transformed my Guides into one of the best brakes I have had in a loong time. Just saying. Floating rotors and their extreme pads.

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:
I am thinking about installing 220mm disc brakes on my mk1. Any contraindications? I know the old pike is not supposed to get more than 200mm but what about the frame?

I hope it is a cheap way to improve the guide that are not powerful enough and that have let me down several times after burned hot in long dh.

Mtx Gold pads upped the power in my guides a massive amount.

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 2:26 Quote
@whattheheel the fact is I can get the 220 sram centerline for free from a friend. When I say cheap...

@loamfiend already heard about them here but never saw them in France. I am using brake authority pads that are already better than sram's, would be curious to compare.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 15:02 Quote
...I thought we couldn't run angle sets in these frames?[/Quote]

On my 2020 29 pro race, I am running the angle headset from wolf tooth, geoshift -1 with a 160 fork and dhx2.

zs44/28.6 upper zs56/lower long version

IMOP, the Jeffsy w this set up is an absolute unit. Trail, free ride, park days, it can do it all and climb.

Swapping out the 150 fox dropper for a the one up 180 this week.

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
Will the Jeffsy get a frame update this year? Considering the mk3 was released in 2019. When does YT usually make an announcement?

I have a Jeffsy Core 3 on order and shipping at the end of Jan, debating if I should cancel and wait for the new model.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
I have a 2020 Jeffsy Carbon which I purchased with a custom build having a Z1 coil 160mm up front and an avalanche racing tuned marzocchi CR in the rear at 150mm. The bike is a monster and eats everything I throw at it. I come from riding BMX and climb a lot. I am considering switching back to air suspension. Has anyone ridden coil but preferred air? I just feel like the coil is too supple and your lose some of the responsiveness of the bike.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 13:09 Quote
syurkonis1023 wrote:
I have a 2020 Jeffsy Carbon which I purchased with a custom build having a Z1 coil 160mm up front and an avalanche racing tuned marzocchi CR in the rear at 150mm. The bike is a monster and eats everything I throw at it. I come from riding BMX and climb a lot. I am considering switching back to air suspension. Has anyone ridden coil but preferred air? I just feel like the coil is too supple and your lose some of the responsiveness of the bike.

That setup sounds so sweet. Bet it looks dope with the red decals too. I just switched back to air after moving- went from Pisgah riding to long, steep xc style stuff in Montana. The DHX2 I was running did fine with the climb switch on, but switching back to the DPX2 gave the bike more pep and gas on the climbs. Certainly not as composed on chatter and repeated hits, but those are less of an issue out here. It’s so easy to switch the shock out, I honestly have both shocks with me whenever I travel with the bike.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 15:58 Quote
silaswp wrote:
syurkonis1023 wrote:
I have a 2020 Jeffsy Carbon which I purchased with a custom build having a Z1 coil 160mm up front and an avalanche racing tuned marzocchi CR in the rear at 150mm. The bike is a monster and eats everything I throw at it. I come from riding BMX and climb a lot. I am considering switching back to air suspension. Has anyone ridden coil but preferred air? I just feel like the coil is too supple and your lose some of the responsiveness of the bike.

That setup sounds so sweet. Bet it looks dope with the red decals too. I just switched back to air after moving- went from Pisgah riding to long, steep xc style stuff in Montana. The DHX2 I was running did fine with the climb switch on, but switching back to the DPX2 gave the bike more pep and gas on the climbs. Certainly not as composed on chatter and repeated hits, but those are less of an issue out here. It’s so easy to switch the shock out, I honestly have both shocks with me whenever I travel with the bike.


Yea that's kind of the direction I'm heading. I ride a lot of steep technical long climbs here in eastern PA and enjoy climbing. The Jeffsy with current setup just feels way too slow. I want to get it a little more snappy. For DH days the coil does feel nice!

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 10:46 Quote
Has anyone tried the Cane Creek Angleset with the Jeffsy 2019-current? Looking at doing a 10mm travel bump from 150mm to 160mm and a -.5 angleset to get me a HTA of 65 degrees.

https://canecreek.com/product/angleset/

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 13:14 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
Has anyone tried the Cane Creek Angleset with the Jeffsy 2019-current? Looking at doing a 10mm travel bump from 150mm to 160mm and a -.5 angleset to get me a HTA of 65 degrees.

https://canecreek.com/product/angleset/

I did a 160mm fork and -1.5 angle set. This put the HA right at 64.5 in the low setting and near enough maintained all the rest of the geometry exactly where it was.

If I we’re doing it again I’d go all the way to -2 degrees.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 2:01 Quote
I'd be careful here. I had offset bushings and increased my fork from 150mm to 160mm, but pedal strikes became a really problem.

I've since bought a replacement bike with the desired geometry out the box and the difference is amazing, I shouldn't have spent so much time "fudging" the Jeffsy. Great bike though and I still have it as a backup bike.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 2:07 Quote
scz4 wrote:
I'd be careful here. I had offset bushings and increased my fork from 150mm to 160mm, but pedal strikes became a really problem.

I've since bought a replacement bike with the desired geometry out the box and the difference is amazing, I shouldn't have spent so much time "fudging" the Jeffsy. Great bike though and I still have it as a backup bike.

Surely that was only from the offset bushings though. Increasing fork travel and slackening head angle wouldn't give him your issue

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
Tommy-P87 wrote:
scz4 wrote:
I'd be careful here. I had offset bushings and increased my fork from 150mm to 160mm, but pedal strikes became a really problem.

I've since bought a replacement bike with the desired geometry out the box and the difference is amazing, I shouldn't have spent so much time "fudging" the Jeffsy. Great bike though and I still have it as a backup bike.

Surely that was only from the offset bushings though. Increasing fork travel and slackening head angle wouldn't give him your issue

You must have went super slack with your angleset. My idea to go 10mm up on travel and -.5 degrees should counter the negatives of both changes and keep the rest of the geo similar. 10mm up on travel is a higher BB, but the angleset lowers the BB and extends the front wheel, countering some of the 10mm height increase. End with a 65 HTA instead of 66, but preserving a lot of the original geo outside of HTA. Is my thinking right?

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
Hello all,

Just wanted to know if the Jeffsy uncaged 6 comes with tire sealant already in the tires? I couldn't find anything at all in the manual about this. I don't want to add sealant to the tires if already had it inside.

Thanks

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
Niz55 wrote:
Hello all,

Just wanted to know if the Jeffsy uncaged 6 comes with tire sealant already in the tires? I couldn't find anything at all in the manual about this. I don't want to add sealant to the tires if already had it inside.

Thanks

Pretty sure they come with tubes inside the tires. Deflate the tire and pop a bead to see and go from there.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008457
Mobile Version of Website