Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 6:03 Quote
Torque specs are in the manual and you can also find them on the YT website.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Torque specs are in the manual and you can also find them on the YT website.
Appreciate it!

Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
Tanker4lyfe wrote:
I have a Jeffsy Core 2 on the way, and I'm pretty OCD and like to make sure everything is solid and done right.
Any recommendations of things to make sure and check while I am putting it together?
I've read a few things about ungreased areas and improper torque specs on stuff.

Also anybody have a link to complete torque specs?

Torque specs should be in the manual you receive with the bike. Also all bearing covers have the torque specs printed on them.

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
Are these night and day better with a coil?
I'd try an x2 but they're just impossible to find 210x55.
My perf dpx2 gets overwhelmed ez.
I ride Laguna mainly.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
It’s night and day better with a Push 11:6 coil. Push has a Jeffsy-specific tune that is dialed. Can’t comment on other coils. Push coils are expensive but you can move them from bike to bike with minimal maintenance charges.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 12:14 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
It’s night and day better with a Push 11:6 coil. Push has a Jeffsy-specific tune that is dialed. Can’t comment on other coils. Push coils are expensive but you can move them from bike to bike with minimal maintenance charges.
Nice. Shoulda could woulda on one in classifieds months ago

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
I'm looking for help with my new jeffsy (2022 core 3 29er).

The derailleur and shifting were working great for me after the initial setup, but on my 2nd ride out (a technical rocky ascent), I noticed that anytime I backpeddle in the slightest (to ratchet over a rock specifically), my chain falls from the biggest gear all the way down to the 4th gear (approximately). I figured I had setup the derailleur poorly, so took it to my LBS. The mechanic said there was nothing wrong except for a less than ideal chain line. Has anyone dealt with this? Any ideas for how to improve the chainline? Any help is appreciated!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
I think ANY 1 X drivetrain with a 12 speed cassette have a less than ideal chainline. Just gotta make sure they are dialed as much as possible.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
AnnieCardon wrote:
I'm looking for help with my new jeffsy (2022 core 3 29er).

The derailleur and shifting were working great for me after the initial setup, but on my 2nd ride out (a technical rocky ascent), I noticed that anytime I backpeddle in the slightest (to ratchet over a rock specifically), my chain falls from the biggest gear all the way down to the 4th gear (approximately). I figured I had setup the derailleur poorly, so took it to my LBS. The mechanic said there was nothing wrong except for a less than ideal chain line. Has anyone dealt with this? Any ideas for how to improve the chainline? Any help is appreciated!

I've read this is common on 1x12 drivetrains when you're on the biggest cog (I experienced the same thing on my Core2) since the angle that it's on.

On another note, why did YT put 175mm cranks on a medium? If I'm pedaling up a switch back I'll hit the ground with the inside pedal. I may look at switching to 170mm crank arms.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
robbie-R wrote:
On another note, why did YT put 175mm cranks on a medium? If I'm pedaling up a switch back I'll hit the ground with the inside pedal. I may look at switching to 170mm crank arms.

Probably they get parts cheap when they order and store thousands(?) of exact same components, so they spec same part for all sizes to reduce number of different components.

If you plan going on shorter cranks, I'd go directly 165mm, or I did actually, on both mk1 and mk2 that I have. The 165mm cranks haveworked very well and I haven't noticed any real downsides...

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 5:47 Quote
Good to know I’ll check it out. What cranks did you go with?

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
I recently got a
photo
Jeffsy Core 4, I love the bike so far. It did come with a quirk which was the rear wheel being off centre out the box. I bought a new wheel and it’s the same issue. The dish is good. Looking closer it appears the wheel might be sitting at a slight angle. That is to say closer to DS At top half and NDS at bottom half. Can’t anyone tell me if the downtube is off centre / asymmetrical in Jeffsy? Does anyone else have this issue?
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
robbie-R wrote:
Good to know I’ll check it out. What cranks did you go with?

Seems I missed this queston part earlier. For mk1 I went with Shimano XT M8000 cranks, which required a new BB bearings. On mk2 I got NX cranks, both relatively easily available on 165mm.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
Are these night and day better with a coil?
I'd try an x2 but they're just impossible to find 210x55.
My perf dpx2 gets overwhelmed ez.
I ride Laguna mainly.

I put a dvo jade x on my 2020 base,biggest difference I noticed was how traction was massively improved

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015701
Mobile Version of Website