Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
I'm also looking at a new BB, but it seems like there is not much choice for those 30 mm in / 41 mm out / PF 92 mm cinch BB... Any recommendation would be much appreciated, especially below 100$ Wink

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
Hi Chaps and Chapesses. Can't vouch for this as went straight out after recovery, crashed and broke my wrist again, but the lovely people at the Jeffsy FAQ page suggested this for pushing:

alexdesignz wrote:
Rance wrote:
Finally got my hand (broken wrist unfortunately) on my Al Comp. As I will have some time before I can ride, I thought I might as well proactively sought out some of the common issues reported.

I want to add to the grease in the frame link bearings. I don't want to risk damaging my bike, so do I need to get hold of a press tool like that in the link (along with relevant bearing attachments) or is there an alternative?

I've never done frame linkages myself before, but want to start now. Looking at the exploded diagram, I'm guessing I will need three different bearing size push adaptors????

http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/products/tools/bpet.html

But if you have to pull them.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/132506645354

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 19:54 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
jdsusmc wrote:
Heist30 wrote:
My derailleur cable is starting to fray already...had this issue with my last Shimano derailleur, resolved by putting the clamp plate in a vice and filed the edges smooth...guess need to do it again...d;o)

Sounds like it’s being over tightened. Cable caps help too.

Check out Park Tools info on torque...

https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/torque-specifications-and-concepts
Yea, meant cut/break...so likely too tight and plate edge too sharp.
Derailleur cable finally broke...the cable clamp plate appears to be stamped so the edge on one side is rounded and the other is sharp...as expected the sharp side was against the cable and wore through the strands one by one. Installed new cable with rounded side of plate against the cable...we’ll see if it lasts more than six months this time...

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 3:11 Quote
Are people generally running some sort of chain device on their Jeffsy's, and if so, what seems to fit/work well?

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 5:15 Quote
Rance wrote:
Are people generally running some sort of chain device on their Jeffsy's, and if so, what seems to fit/work well?

Nope, guideless here, dropped my chain once in the season and a half i've had it so i don't feel the need to get one.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
So I had a minor head-on collision with a tree and now my Pike lets out some weird noises every now and again. I think I also felt it diving ever so slightly when under hard braking but that could just be my imagination.

It was not high speed at all (thankfully) but I did hit the tree dead straight and decelerated to zero instantly so there definitely was some stress on the fork which it was not intended for.

Is there any way I can check whether or not it got damaged without taking it apart?

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Has worked just fine for the most part without chain guide, but this summer I dropped chain twice in same race, so I added one on mine. In case if you have the front derailleur adapter, I guess most of the upper guides for E-mount will work OK. I have one from OneUp and it just needed proper adjustment washers to get the distance correct.

If you don't have the FD adapter, I guess theres only the 77designz guide that will fit directly. Not sure which is easier to get, FD adapter or the guide directly from 77d...

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
I asked YT about adapter ,think in total it silly expensive with shipping.

YT said:
"If you do want to mount a chainguide on the JEFFSY 29, you need to buy an Adapter for your frame first.
You can order this adapter by e-mail.

1x 00.40010.00.00 E-Type Adapter, price 15,- €

Prices are including VAT, but without shipping.
- Shipping costs within the EU are: 9,90€. "

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 16:32 Quote
Rance wrote:

I'm using a c guide paired with the stock ethirteen guide on my jeffsy and it works perfect, very quite and I haven't drop a chain in any type of terrain, I highly recommend it.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
The 2017 AL Jeffsy has come full circle and the jeffsy is definitely the most cost effective way to buy a complete and fix everything you don't like. My reactions in order ----- Onza to maxxis tires(wow.), OG dt wheels to WTB asyms with better hubs(woah!), 32T RF to 30T oval ABS black(sweet.), Pike to 150 with debonair(WOW), and finally - stock shock to FOX Dhx2(500lb spring) (WHOLE NEW BIKE!). Couple little things like red crank boots, red ergon grips, red wtb saddle, and orange coil really bring the picture together.

photo
photo

Gotta agree with everyone else on here, changing to a coil is so comically great on this frame you're doing yourself a disservice by not upgrading. The climbing is noticeably harder in the open mode, but my trails are up then down here and the climb switch is fantastic. I actually think it climbs better in firm than the monarch did in firm.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 18:24 Quote
YT JEFFSY RWC NEEDLE BEARING KIT 40 X 10 SPAN

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/10mm-thru-bolts/NBK-YTJ-40X10.html

I helped test this. So they told me the Jeffsy doesnt have any motion at the shock bolt, then i showed them my pivot shock bolt.
photo

Also i found it to get too tight at torq specs with stock setup. The RWC Needle bearing moves so freely.

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 19:03 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/10mm-thru-bolts/NBK-YTJ-40X10.html

I helped test this. So they told me the Jeffsy doesnt have any motion at the shock bolt, then i showed them my pivot shock bolt.
photo

Also i found it to get too tight at torq specs with stock setup. The RWC Needle bearing moves so freely.

I was looking at those for my Jeffsy, so they’re worth it then huh?

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 20:00 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:

photo

My shock bolts look 50x worse than that.

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 23:39 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:

photo

Something is wrong here, the bolt should not move in the bushes but the du bushes should work around the bolt when the shock moves

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 9:47 Quote
If anyone is interested in upgrading their shock (like me) and doesn’t want to spend a fortune... check out Vorsprung. I wanted a coil (MRP Hazzard) and knew it’d be a while until I had the money so I looked at alternate options. My Jeffsy came with a Fox DPS Performance Elite EVOL, which there’s definitely worse options out there but I wanted much more supple beginning stroke and more midstroke support.

Long story short I bought a Vorsprung Corset for my shock and WOW!!! It does exactly what it’s advertised to do! And it’s a fraction of the cost. And it saved me a shock upgrade, now I’m very pleased with my DPS’s performance.
Definitely something to look into.

$.02

Cheers mates.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015224
Mobile Version of Website