Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
Can’t friggin wait to get them!
Stoked to see how Jeffsys personality changes with the different settings.
Cheers!

jezzah wrote:
Cheers for all the Jeffsy Offset Bushing orders chaps! The promotion is still running Smile (this is the product - https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushings-yt-jeffsy)

Remember, use code 'blackfriday' for 20% off the entire store.

Jeron @ Offset Bushings

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Just got a good deal on a DVO topaz for my Jeffsy al comp. anyone got any experience with this shock?

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 19:48 Quote
bikee4 wrote:
Just got a good deal on a DVO topaz for my Jeffsy al comp. anyone got any experience with this shock?

Thanks!
Oh yeah. There are bunch of posts from people loving Topaz. I do not recall seeing anyone not liking it. I like mine. big improvement over Monarch. More sensitive, much more traction. Yet still supportive. A lot of adjustability.

Look at Jeffsy threads here at mtbr.com and Topaz thread on mtbr. You can learn a lot, and if you need help, call DVO. They are very cool people, and you can get a hold of real human!!

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
Just wondering. Did your bike came with the sram edge bleeding tool?

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
Negative Ghost Ryder

ibis09 wrote:
Just wondering. Did your bike came with the sram edge bleeding tool?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 11:24 Quote
Just got my offest bushings yesterday, hanebt had time to install them yet. Curious though, to those who have them, did yours have this big a space difference between the width of the aluminum spacers and the brass bushing?

The taller of the two pictured is about .5mm and the shorter is 2mm. Seems like a bad idea to torque those against my carbon frame.

I can’t figure out how to attach a pic to the thread so in my profile there’s a pic of them to see.
Cheers

LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Do people generally prefer running their Jeffsy in the high or low position?

I've been running it in low almost exclusively since I've owned it - but I'm going to give it a try in the high.

It steepens the seat angle a bit (needed imo) and lengthens the reach a bit. Obviously the head angle is steeper too which isn't ideal but it's not by much.

I used to switch between the two settings and use the high setting for xc type rides but recently I have put some offset bushings in and slackened the head angle by 0.5 degrees, I run it in the low setting with this change and it feels great with no great penalty on the climbs. Obviously it depends where you ride but on the steep technical stuff the low/offset combo really helps.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
jdsusmc wrote:

LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
tom666 wrote:

I've been running it in low almost exclusively since I've owned it - but I'm going to give it a try in the high.

It steepens the seat angle a bit (needed imo) and lengthens the reach a bit. Obviously the head angle is steeper too which isn't ideal but it's not by much.

I used to switch between the two settings and use the high setting for xc type rides but recently I have put some offset bushings in and slackened the head angle by 0.5 degrees, I run it in the low setting with this change and it feels great with no great penalty on the climbs. Obviously it depends where you ride but on the steep technical stuff the low/offset combo really helps.

Just got my offest bushings yesterday, hanebt had time to install them yet. Curious though, to those who have them, did yours have this big a space difference between the width of the aluminum spacers and the brass bushing?

The taller of the two pictured is about .5mm and the shorter is 2mm. Seems like a bad idea to torque those against my carbon frame.

I can’t figure out how to attach a pic to the thread so in my profile there’s a pic of them to see.
Cheers

Offset Bushings for 2018 YT Jeffsy 29 CF Pro

Put the picture in for you.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
jdsusmc wrote:

Cheers

LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
tom666 wrote:

I used the brass offset bushings along with new low friction Fox bushings. Not the silver ones that came from Offset. This takes up the space.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 13:10 Quote
I was thinking of doing the same because my shock came with the low friction bushings. Will probably just use the brass piece myself. I emailed Offset Bushings and am waiting on a reply.
Stoked to see hot they change the ride.

LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
jdsusmc wrote:

Cheers

LUCKYMULLEN wrote:

I used the brass offset bushings along with new low friction Fox bushings. Not the silver ones that came from Offset. This takes up the space.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
Just received this reply from Offset Bushings;

Thanks for the photos!

It would appear there’s been a significant mistake with the spacers there. We’ll get a replacement set produced and shipped tomorrow morning for you.

Do you know your order number?

Again, I do apologise for the mistake. It’s very rare that anything like that happens.

Regards,

Jeron H
Offset Bushings

Glad I hadn’t taken Jeffsy apart yet. I’m glad I double checked and ‘dry assembled’ them and noticed the issue. Also happy they’re being stand up about backing their product.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 23:21 Quote
jdsusmc wrote:
Just got my offest bushings yesterday,

I might be mistaken, but IMO, you cannot install these in the carbon frame, only alu...

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 23:40 Quote
m88888m wrote:
jdsusmc wrote:

I might be mistaken, but IMO, you cannot install these in the carbon frame, only alu...

My offset bushings are in a carbon frame and are fine, you still use the existing bolts and sleeve from the bike so nothing changes there. It's only the inner bushings of the shock eyelets that are changed out.
Hope this helps.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 0:31 Quote
m88888m wrote:
jdsusmc wrote:

Maybe you mean the angleset?

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 5:28 Quote
Little update on my suspension foolery.

Upgraded the Pike with a 150mm Debonair airshaft and had the Monarch Plus tuned with a different compression tune (went from M/M to M/L) and had the first ride yesterday.

Geometry with 150mm travel up front: for me there is no noticeable difference in climbing, though I haven't had a real technical climb yet.
Descending was more or less the same too, geometry-wise.
These are the numbers, 140mm vs 150mm fork, for a size medium.

Jeffsy 29 geometry change when increasing fork travel 140- gt 150
Suspension performance: I have yet to do some dialing in but already it feels way better than before. The fork has a SAG of ~25% and as the pic shows there's a bit more than 10mm left, even after the odd huck to flat. So I could decrease pressure a bit or throw out one of the tokens.. I'll see about that. Since the fork is a tad more active (due to less break-away force needed, hence more plushness), I flicked the switch to "trail" for the first time on a climb.
The rear is better too, especially under braking in the rough stuff it wanders way less. Grip is just better, altogether and the ride is less fatiguing. Mind you, it's still not a plush bike (but I guess it wasn't designed to be). But judging from the incremental steps (OEM Monarch RT3 > Monarch Plus M/M tune > M/L tune) I've taken so far I'd say it's noticeably better than with the original Monarch shock. It still has that poppy, lively feeling which I like a lot about this bike.

Altogether I'd highly recommend the 150mm Debonair upgrade, for 30ish bucks it really is a no-brainer and probably better value than any other upgrade I can think of. The rear shock tuning has been good too. I'm still tempted to try a coil at some point but for now I'm happy.

Over the next few rides I'll do some fiddling around and see Smile

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
Wowbager stick an angleset in steepens the seatpost back to stock and slackens it out more too feels amazing, you won't regret it bud trust

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022823
Mobile Version of Website