Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
I’ve only seen Enduro-MTB’s so far, is there more?

Theirs has me scratching my head a bit, they say it is less poppy and more into Capra territory, but they also said they preferred 30% sag over YT’s recommended 25% and with the flip chip in the low setting. If was more of a complaint than an observation wouldn’t they have at least tried it in the high setting?

Here's another one:

https://www.mtb-mag.com/en/first-ride-new-yt-jeffsy-29-mkii/

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
Just picked up a White CF Pro in large. Big RS fan and very comfortable working on their stuff. Wanted the 140/140... Gonna swap a few parts from my Whyte S-150 works so it should be pretty lined out.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
chacou wrote:
See you at the Marquis for the launch. I'm trying to win that GG they're raffling!
bbc611 wrote:
I have another summer before I can get a new bike but I’m excited to see what Guerrilla Gravity’s new line is going to look like at the end of the month! That red though!

I wish!!! I live in Oregon though!

Good luck though!

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
bsullivan101 wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:

I think the new setup looks rad but you're right about the two bikes having too much in common. I don't think the average trail rider wants their bike to be just a little less than a full fledge enduro bike. May as well go all in on a capra. I bought a smuggler to replace my Jeffsy because I'd rather get rad on a short travel bike and still be able to kill it on the climbs.

Was thinking of upgrading my old Jeffsy to the new model but this is overkill for me. How do you find the smuggler coming from Jeffsy? Are you on an AL or carbon frame?

I had a carbon cf 1 Jeffsy and I'm on a carbon smuggler right now. Overall I like the fit of the smuggler better, but I'm super tall so that's just personal preference. I may have enjoyed the new Jeffsy with that 515mm xxl reach, too. The geo of the smuggler is spot on for me. Seat angle steep enough at 75.5-76 or whatever it is but not too steep where I'd need a crazy long 600mm reach to compensate. My theory is for every degree of seat tube steepness, another 15-20mm reach is needed. Climbs better than the Jeffsy, and feels maybe around the same but less harsh on the gnar. Smuggler has 20mm less travel out back but its less progressive so forgiving and smooth.

I had them both built up strong with stans flow wheels with dt Swiss 350 hubs, carbon 800mm bars, and tacky maxxis rubber so they both were beefy and impressive in tough steep terrain.

I don't really like the fox DPS shock on the smuggler, but then again I wasn't overwhelmed with the monarch on the Jeffsy either. They are both mediocre, in my opinion. Should have sprung for a topaz on my Jeffsy (hard to find em in Canada) and am looking at a dpx2 smuggler upgrade.

One thing I think the new Jeffsy should have is a 140mm fox 36. My smuggler came with that fork and it makes so much more sense than a 34. And it's awesome. They exist now in 140mm and fox offers them as oem in both grip and grip2 dampers. So why not go for that?

Thanks. Being 5'11 I'm not as worried about the fit but the smuggler still sounds like a great bike. The carbon ones end up being pretty pricey over here though and the aluminium is heavy. I'll probably just do the easy thing and make some upgrade to my Jeffsy.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
goldfly wrote:
kwietrick wrote:
zsandstrom wrote:
TBH, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a 140/130 setup with basically the same geo, and a SRAM+Fox kit. Instead we've got a 150/150 Pro Race model with XTR and E13, and a 36 up front.

I think that if you're looking for a true quiver-killer, this is probably an incrediblle ride. As the first ride review over at EnduroMTB.com mentioned, it really feels like they took a large step in the direction of the Capra. And, for me, that's disappointing, because I HAVE a Capra. I wanted a more differentiated trail bike.

maybe it opens up room in the range for a 120 bike to make sense?
I would be surprised if they put anything out with 100-120mm travel anytime soon. It's not really their target demographic. I think putting out the new Jeffsy with longer and lower numbers further reinforces that.

I think there's room for something like that.

Downcountry is all the rage now.

Transition Smuggler, Kona Process 111 etc

Progressive geo, riser bar, sturdy parts but pedals well and relatively light etc.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Pulled the trigger on the new Pro Race, will consider shortening it to 140/140 if it seems excessive as a trail bike. I like the build kit on it a lot, just don’t think I need the extra 10mm travel for the bike’s intended purpose, but we’ll see.
Going to ditch the Capra for a Tues, as I only seem to enjoy it downhill anyways.
I hate you!
no I don't Wink
Congrats. Pro race is a perfect bike in my book

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
Well, my credit card is itching. Deep petrol Pro Race is perfect bike in my opinion.
Love the e13 casette, love the Fox36, Guide RSC brakes and carbon cranks, love the dropper (not the trigger Razz ). But this would be the bike I'd go for.

I just don't think it's the time yet. My 17 CF Pro1 is still an awesome bike, with few upgrades over the year (Topaz and e13 cassette being most significant) and 2k miles on the clock. I still love it.

Congrats to those who are getting new Jeffsy. it is a great bike in any trim, and I'm sure it will bring a lot of smiles Smile

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
Ok so the jeffsy has gone, out with the old and in with the new. So what have people moved onto after jeffsy?

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
I'll have my large '19 J29mk2(prcf) Monday afternoon!! f*ck ya!!! Probably gna be rained out this week for after work rides of course lol-but just in time for an epic so cal riding season none the less!

Most likely switch out the drive train to Shimano12spd or eagle 12 speed; better rotors; trade fox 150 dropper for 160+ sdg or cbros; tires replaced for MM/aggressor or dh2; may sell wheels get/support local ride fast if he can build with Shimano hub bc compatibility(if i go xtr).

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
I'll have my large '19 J29mk2(prcf) Monday afternoon!! f*ck ya!!! Probably gna be rained out this week for after work rides of course lol-but just in time for an epic so cal riding season none the less!

Most likely switch out the drive train to Shimano or eagle 12 speed; trade fox 150 dropper for 160+ sdg or cbros; tires replaced for MM/aggressor or dh2; may sell wheels get/support local ride fast if he can build with Shimano hub bc compatibility(if i go xtr).

Whoa, really? I have my Jeffsy replacement already but surprised to hear you can get on one so fast. I just checked the stock levels on the Canadian website and the earliest is the end of Mach for some medium and large sizes in some models, bust most were available for May and the S and XXL mid-June. And when YT says June, they mean September.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
@gbeaks33
Ya i think the large pro race black is only one available...unless this build sold out over this weekend.(usa)

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:

Most likely switch out the drive train to Shimano12spd or eagle 12 speed; better rotors; trade fox 150 dropper for 160+ sdg or cbros; tires replaced for MM/aggressor or dh2; may sell wheels get/support local ride fast if he can build with Shimano hub bc compatibility(if i go xtr).

Did you sell your Rallon?

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
silverfox101010 wrote:
Ok so the jeffsy has gone, out with the old and in with the new. So what have people moved onto after jeffsy?

Not until next fall or winter for me but I’m 99% sure I’m going geurilla gravity just not sure which model yet! They’re new line comes out at January the last 1% is Fezzari or doing something insane and getting a pole lol

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
bbc611 wrote:
silverfox101010 wrote:

Not until next fall or winter for me but I’m 99% sure I’m going geurilla gravity just not sure which model yet! They’re new line comes out at January the last 1% is Fezzari or doing something insane and getting a pole lol

There is no life after the Jeffsy, just over spending.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022584
Mobile Version of Website