Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Hey dudes - I sold my 2018 YT Jeffsy 29er cf and have a 2019 jeffsy 29er comp in order (set to arrive May 15th).

I’m currently riding a Santa Cruz Hightower LT for the three months between bikes and it has a fox 36 factory fork which is unlike anything Ive ever ridden before. I want to order one for my newnincoming jeffsy but I keep finding them used with a 51mm offset and the new pro races are being sold with the fox 36 in a 44mm offset. Do you think I will even be able to notice a difference between those offsets?

Nope, I doubt you will. If anything the extra 6mm of additional wheelbase should improve high speed tracking. The only (possible noticeable) difference may be in tight switchback type trails.

I’ve herd a few friends talk about taking their Jeffsy from 44 to 51mm offset and like it better all around. Plus, it’s a 36! One of the best forks in the market hands down.

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 20:06 Quote
trjoedave wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
Hey dudes - I sold my 2018 YT Jeffsy 29er cf and have a 2019 jeffsy 29er comp in order (set to arrive May 15th).

I’m currently riding a Santa Cruz Hightower LT for the three months between bikes and it has a fox 36 factory fork which is unlike anything Ive ever ridden before. I want to order one for my newnincoming jeffsy but I keep finding them used with a 51mm offset and the new pro races are being sold with the fox 36 in a 44mm offset. Do you think I will even be able to notice a difference between those offsets?

Nope, I doubt you will. If anything the extra 6mm of additional wheelbase should improve high speed tracking. The only (possible noticeable) difference may be in tight switchback type trails.

I’ve herd a few friends talk about taking their Jeffsy from 44 to 51mm offset and like it better all around. Plus, it’s a 36! One of the best forks in the market hands down.

Yeah man, the 36 on this Santa Cruz feels absolutely amazing. I want to keep this feeling with the new jeffsy, I think I may jsut sell th 34 as a brand new takeoff and hopefully get a used fox 36 that isn’t much more than what I sell the 34 for.

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 21:13 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
trjoedave wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

Yeah man, the 36 on this Santa Cruz feels absolutely amazing. I want to keep this feeling with the new jeffsy, I think I may jsut sell th 34 as a brand new takeoff and hopefully get a used fox 36 that isn’t much more than what I sell the 34 for.

I kinda wish I’d have do t the same, but hindsight is 20/20.
After tossing a 150mm airshaft and a Luftkappe in my 34 I am very happy with it actually.

Good luck mate!

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:

It is a noticeable difference at first. I went from a fox 44mm offset to a DVO Diamond with 51mm offset and front wheel was noticeably more squirmy at low speeds. Can’t say I noticed much of anything at higher speeds and it was never an issue I considered changing, it’s just different.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:

Why not just swap the forks between the Hightower and the Jeffsy when it arrives, then sell the Hightower with whatever comes on the new Jeff?

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

Why not just swap the forks between the Hightower and the Jeffsy when it arrives, then sell the Hightower with whatever comes on the new Jeff?

I could but then i would be selling the Hightower with a 150mm rear and 140mm front. Seems like it would be weird to sell like that.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
wowbagger wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

I could but then i would be selling the Hightower with a 150mm rear and 140mm front. Seems like it would be weird to sell like that.

a 150mm airshaft for the other fork is a matter of 100 bucks i reckon..

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
Yeah you’re right. I think it may ultimately be cheaper if I sell it on the Santa Cruz because I can sell the bike for more. Then with the extra few hundred I can make up the cash to sell the 34 and buy a used 36.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Yeah you’re right. I think it may ultimately be cheaper if I sell it on the Santa Cruz because I can sell the bike for more. Then with the extra few hundred I can make up the cash to sell the 34 and buy a used 36.

Wait.. what? Wouldn't you end up with 2 Fox 36s then? Am I an idiot and not getting something here? Big Grin

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Nah I’m saying you are right that I could sell the Santa Cruz with the fox34 from the jeffsy - but I’m saying I think I can sell the Hightower for more money if I leave the Fox on there, sell the 34, and buy a second fox 36.

I’m just still a bit worried about the offset not matching up with what YT recommends.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
PDWbike wrote:
Just an FYI: I tried out the Lezyne Flow cage and couldn't get it to fit so I'm gonna go with the Specialized Zee instead. Tried to save a few bucks but I should've just listened instead...Smile

photo

You mount it with out the extra plastic piece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zefal-Wiiz-Side-Entry-Reversible-Road-MTB-Bike-Water-Bottle-Cage-Black-or-White/332604421933?

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Nah I’m saying you are right that I could sell the Santa Cruz with the fox34 from the jeffsy - but I’m saying I think I can sell the Hightower for more money if I leave the Fox on there, sell the 34, and buy a second fox 36.

I’m just still a bit worried about the offset not matching up with what YT recommends.

Now I get it!
Yeah, I have no idea how much difference that offset really makes. Pretty much the same with me and most of these things. I feel like in a blind test I'd never notice all of those small differences the marketing people are trying to sell me... which does not mean I'm not falling for them Big Grin

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
Anyone know the crank spindle length needed for an 18 AL Jeffsy? Looking at a set online with an advertised 136mm spindle length, which I believe is correct but don’t want to hassle with a return. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
Dudes - this Santa Cruz Hightower LG is really growing on me lol. I just got it two weeks ago so it would last me between my jeffsy 2018 and my new jeffsy arriving May 15th.

If I stay with this Hightower I can save like $800 and use that to throw some cool hope brakes, etc on my Hightower (with factory 36 team fork and x2).

Are any of you all riding the 2019 jeffsy? I loved my 2018, I think it pedaled better than my Hightower, but this bike is still great lol. I’m torn between canceling my YT order and jsut riding this bike for a while or following through with my plan and selling the Santa Cruz when the jeffsy arrives.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Dudes - this Santa Cruz Hightower LG is really growing on me lol. I just got it two weeks ago so it would last me between my jeffsy 2018 and my new jeffsy arriving May 15th.

If I stay with this Hightower I can save like $800 and use that to throw some cool hope brakes, etc on my Hightower (with factory 36 team fork and x2).

Are any of you all riding the 2019 jeffsy? I loved my 2018, I think it pedaled better than my Hightower, but this bike is still great lol. I’m torn between canceling my YT order and jsut riding this bike for a while or following through with my plan and selling the Santa Cruz when the jeffsy arrives.

How do they compare (mk1 jeff and hightower lt)?
I have an offer for my frame and the hightower lt frame is on my shortlist to receive the parts (Knolly Fugitive is too but i'd need some new parts there due to the silly superboost plus thingy.. it is a stunner in blue+orange though and i'm actually leaning towards it)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013393
Mobile Version of Website