Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Author Message
Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
chacou wrote:
Shuttles ...but yeah, not sure what I was thinking Wink

With that, who has experience swapping out the RS Monarch RT for a DVO Jade (or Topaz) on the mk1 aluminum Jeffsy? Can I remove the DU bushings from the Monarch to re-use in the Jade or should I just buy new ones? ...and where to get the 10x17.4 hardware, is this something my LBS would stock? DVO said they don't stock that yet.

inverted180 wrote:
chacou wrote:
Being in Colorado we seek out the most descent for the least amount of climbing

Physics may have something to say about this....

Smile

I put a coil on mine (vivid) and it’s AWESOME seriously amazing! At first the lack of climb switch was fine BUT I ended up ditching the coil because i think this bike really needs a climb switch with a coil! If I keep this bike I’ll end up getting a coil with a switch but I’m really eyeing the Marin Mt vision for next year just don’t tell my wife! Also I have a ‘17 cf

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
Hey all,

Thinking of buying the Jeffsy 29 Pro Race next week, I have a 6 year old Capra now. Has there been any issue that have been standing out with the E13 components? I may strip the drive train and replace with eagle. On the Capra the E13 hubs were awful and got warrantied 3 times then I just gave up and forked out for a new wheel set. all those years ago E13 products were great but never lasted I'd love to know if now they are standing up to the punishment?

How many of you guys have actually got the 2019 Pro Race?

Thanks

R

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
robinlewis1983 wrote:
Hey all,

Thinking of buying the Jeffsy 29 Pro Race next week, I have a 6 year old Capra now. Has there been any issue that have been standing out with the E13 components? I may strip the drive train and replace with eagle. On the Capra the E13 hubs were awful and got warrantied 3 times then I just gave up and forked out for a new wheel set. all those years ago E13 products were great but never lasted I'd love to know if now they are standing up to the punishment?

How many of you guys have actually got the 2019 Pro Race?

Thanks

R

I have the Pro Race 29er in Large, put about 100 miles on so far (25 or so of those in an enduro race). Haven't had any issues with components, although the BB is creaking a bit...don't think that's e13's fault, though (+1 for threaded bb). Had a 2017 Jeffsy 27 Pro with about 1000 miles on it before. X01 Eagle drive train on the 27 was definitely quieter and crisper shifting, although I wouldn't say the e13 + xtr is bad, just not as good as eagle. On the 27, I had a bearing go bad on my front hub after about 600 miles. Had the preload caps on the rear hub come loose after a shuttle day on a rough trail (easy to fix, though), so my personal experience is the e13 stuff is solid. I've even been pleasantly surprised by the e13 tires. They seem to have grip for days and rolling resistance seems to be on par with minion/aggressor WT I used to run (fwiw, the e13 is as wide or wider than the maxxis 2.5). The rear tire took a lot of sealant to get it to stop leaking (a few micro-holes in the sidewall).

I weigh 160-165, so I'm not too rough on components.

I love the 29er Pro Race and would recommend it to anyone. I like the 150 travel range and I love the grip 2 fork. It's definitely much better than the 34 fit4. And the dpx2 is very good, too. You can nitpick over the drivetrain, but really it's such a good deal I'd say ride the drivetrain until it dies then replace it with whatever. I did swap the brakes for my maguras from my 27, though and swap the fox dropper lever for a wolftooth lever. I don't like the feel of the guide levers and the fox transfer lever is a piece, and as I already had both it didn't cost me anything.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
robinlewis1983 wrote:
Hey all,

Thinking of buying the Jeffsy 29 Pro Race next week, I have a 6 year old Capra now. Has there been any issue that have been standing out with the E13 components? I may strip the drive train and replace with eagle. On the Capra the E13 hubs were awful and got warrantied 3 times then I just gave up and forked out for a new wheel set. all those years ago E13 products were great but never lasted I'd love to know if now they are standing up to the punishment?

How many of you guys have actually got the 2019 Pro Race?

Thanks

R

I’m on my 4th TRS cassette. Been having absolute crap luck with them, but the Hive has taken very great care of me. This last go they sent me a new XD freehub for my TRS Plus wheel with a new TRSr cassette and seems to be working as it should... FINALLY!
Also went through about a half dozen spokes on my front and rear wheels, they obliged to send me replacements but it doesn’t remove the PITA factor of re-taping the rim every time. I pestered them enough to send me rim tape with the spokes the last time.

I’ll say they lack nothing in their customer svc sector and I’ve been impressed with that aspect of ethirteen, but I’ll never buy any of their products to put in any of my bikes.

Cheers

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
serveace wrote:
robinlewis1983 wrote:
Hey all,

Thinking of buying the Jeffsy 29 Pro Race next week, I have a 6 year old Capra now. Has there been any issue that have been standing out with the E13 components? I may strip the drive train and replace with eagle. On the Capra the E13 hubs were awful and got warrantied 3 times then I just gave up and forked out for a new wheel set. all those years ago E13 products were great but never lasted I'd love to know if now they are standing up to the punishment?

How many of you guys have actually got the 2019 Pro Race?

Thanks

R

I have the Pro Race 29er in Large, put about 100 miles on so far (25 or so of those in an enduro race). Haven't had any issues with components, although the BB is creaking a bit...don't think that's e13's fault, though (+1 for threaded bb). Had a 2017 Jeffsy 27 Pro with about 1000 miles on it before. X01 Eagle drive train on the 27 was definitely quieter and crisper shifting, although I wouldn't say the e13 + xtr is bad, just not as good as eagle. On the 27, I had a bearing go bad on my front hub after about 600 miles. Had the preload caps on the rear hub come loose after a shuttle day on a rough trail (easy to fix, though), so my personal experience is the e13 stuff is solid. I've even been pleasantly surprised by the e13 tires. They seem to have grip for days and rolling resistance seems to be on par with minion/aggressor WT I used to run (fwiw, the e13 is as wide or wider than the maxxis 2.5). The rear tire took a lot of sealant to get it to stop leaking (a few micro-holes in the sidewall).

I weigh 160-165, so I'm not too rough on components.

I love the 29er Pro Race and would recommend it to anyone. I like the 150 travel range and I love the grip 2 fork. It's definitely much better than the 34 fit4. And the dpx2 is very good, too. You can nitpick over the drivetrain, but really it's such a good deal I'd say ride the drivetrain until it dies then replace it with whatever. I did swap the brakes for my maguras from my 27, though and swap the fox dropper lever for a wolftooth lever. I don't like the feel of the guide levers and the fox transfer lever is a piece, and as I already had both it didn't cost me anything.


Dude, your bottom bracket is already creaking?!? I’m riding a 2018 Santa Cruz Hightower with an orange fox 36 and an x2 on it and it rides great - but I’ve also got a jeffsy 29 comp on order with a fox36 and an x2 waiting in the garage.

Should I hold on to my HTLT? I’m worried I may getting rid of a great bike. I can’t stand creaking nosies, and the press fit thing freaks me out. In just 100 miles?!

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
serveace wrote:
robinlewis1983 wrote:
Hey all,

Thinking of buying the Jeffsy 29 Pro Race next week, I have a 6 year old Capra now. Has there been any issue that have been standing out with the E13 components? I may strip the drive train and replace with eagle. On the Capra the E13 hubs were awful and got warrantied 3 times then I just gave up and forked out for a new wheel set. all those years ago E13 products were great but never lasted I'd love to know if now they are standing up to the punishment?

How many of you guys have actually got the 2019 Pro Race?

Thanks

R

I have the Pro Race 29er in Large, put about 100 miles on so far (25 or so of those in an enduro race). Haven't had any issues with components, although the BB is creaking a bit...don't think that's e13's fault, though (+1 for threaded bb). Had a 2017 Jeffsy 27 Pro with about 1000 miles on it before. X01 Eagle drive train on the 27 was definitely quieter and crisper shifting, although I wouldn't say the e13 + xtr is bad, just not as good as eagle. On the 27, I had a bearing go bad on my front hub after about 600 miles. Had the preload caps on the rear hub come loose after a shuttle day on a rough trail (easy to fix, though), so my personal experience is the e13 stuff is solid. I've even been pleasantly surprised by the e13 tires. They seem to have grip for days and rolling resistance seems to be on par with minion/aggressor WT I used to run (fwiw, the e13 is as wide or wider than the maxxis 2.5). The rear tire took a lot of sealant to get it to stop leaking (a few micro-holes in the sidewall).

I weigh 160-165, so I'm not too rough on components.

I love the 29er Pro Race and would recommend it to anyone. I like the 150 travel range and I love the grip 2 fork. It's definitely much better than the 34 fit4. And the dpx2 is very good, too. You can nitpick over the drivetrain, but really it's such a good deal I'd say ride the drivetrain until it dies then replace it with whatever. I did swap the brakes for my maguras from my 27, though and swap the fox dropper lever for a wolftooth lever. I don't like the feel of the guide levers and the fox transfer lever is a piece, and as I already had both it didn't cost me anything.


Dude, your bottom bracket is already creaking?!? I’m riding a 2018 Santa Cruz Hightower with an orange fox 36 and an x2 on it and it rides great - but I’ve also got a jeffsy 29 comp on order with a fox36 and an x2 waiting in the garage.

Should I hold on to my HTLT? I’m worried I may getting rid of a great bike. I can’t stand creaking nosies, and the press fit thing freaks me out. In just 100 miles?!

Yeah, on my 27 it didn't creak at all after 1000 miles, so it probably varies. It's been really wet around here and i've had to do a lot of water crossings, so i've chalked it up to that. I haven't had the chance to give it a really good cleaning and tighten everything up after I noticed the creaking, so I'm not 100% sure if it's the bb or if it's the cranks. It's not that bad to fix a creaking bb (tons of youtube vids out there), so I'll get it sorted out at some point. Is it annoying? yeah, but I don't regret my decision. Bike still rips and has top-shelf components all around. I've never ridden the HTLT, so I can't compare it, although I've heard really good things. Plan on riding the jeffsy 29er until it dies and I'll probably buy another YT after that if the price/performance is on par with where it is now.

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
serveace wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
serveace wrote:


I have the Pro Race 29er in Large, put about 100 miles on so far (25 or so of those in an enduro race). Haven't had any issues with components, although the BB is creaking a bit...don't think that's e13's fault, though (+1 for threaded bb). Had a 2017 Jeffsy 27 Pro with about 1000 miles on it before. X01 Eagle drive train on the 27 was definitely quieter and crisper shifting, although I wouldn't say the e13 + xtr is bad, just not as good as eagle. On the 27, I had a bearing go bad on my front hub after about 600 miles. Had the preload caps on the rear hub come loose after a shuttle day on a rough trail (easy to fix, though), so my personal experience is the e13 stuff is solid. I've even been pleasantly surprised by the e13 tires. They seem to have grip for days and rolling resistance seems to be on par with minion/aggressor WT I used to run (fwiw, the e13 is as wide or wider than the maxxis 2.5). The rear tire took a lot of sealant to get it to stop leaking (a few micro-holes in the sidewall).

I weigh 160-165, so I'm not too rough on components.

I love the 29er Pro Race and would recommend it to anyone. I like the 150 travel range and I love the grip 2 fork. It's definitely much better than the 34 fit4. And the dpx2 is very good, too. You can nitpick over the drivetrain, but really it's such a good deal I'd say ride the drivetrain until it dies then replace it with whatever. I did swap the brakes for my maguras from my 27, though and swap the fox dropper lever for a wolftooth lever. I don't like the feel of the guide levers and the fox transfer lever is a piece, and as I already had both it didn't cost me anything.


Dude, your bottom bracket is already creaking?!? I’m riding a 2018 Santa Cruz Hightower with an orange fox 36 and an x2 on it and it rides great - but I’ve also got a jeffsy 29 comp on order with a fox36 and an x2 waiting in the garage.

Should I hold on to my HTLT? I’m worried I may getting rid of a great bike. I can’t stand creaking nosies, and the press fit thing freaks me out. In just 100 miles?!

Yeah, on my 27 it didn't creak at all after 1000 miles, so it probably varies. It's been really wet around here and i've had to do a lot of water crossings, so i've chalked it up to that. I haven't had the chance to give it a really good cleaning and tighten everything up after I noticed the creaking, so I'm not 100% sure if it's the bb or if it's the cranks. It's not that bad to fix a creaking bb (tons of youtube vids out there), so I'll get it sorted out at some point. Is it annoying? yeah, but I don't regret my decision. Bike still rips and has top-shelf components all around. I've never ridden the HTLT, so I can't compare it, although I've heard really good things. Plan on riding the jeffsy 29er until it dies and I'll probably buy another YT after that if the price/performance is on par with where it is now.

My BB is still quiet and smooth, over a year and have done lots of creek crossings and spray the hose full blast to clean it. try replacing it to a Praxis https://praxiscycles.com/product/m30-bb86-road/

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
serveace wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:



Dude, your bottom bracket is already creaking?!? I’m riding a 2018 Santa Cruz Hightower with an orange fox 36 and an x2 on it and it rides great - but I’ve also got a jeffsy 29 comp on order with a fox36 and an x2 waiting in the garage.

Should I hold on to my HTLT? I’m worried I may getting rid of a great bike. I can’t stand creaking nosies, and the press fit thing freaks me out. In just 100 miles?!

Yeah, on my 27 it didn't creak at all after 1000 miles, so it probably varies. It's been really wet around here and i've had to do a lot of water crossings, so i've chalked it up to that. I haven't had the chance to give it a really good cleaning and tighten everything up after I noticed the creaking, so I'm not 100% sure if it's the bb or if it's the cranks. It's not that bad to fix a creaking bb (tons of youtube vids out there), so I'll get it sorted out at some point. Is it annoying? yeah, but I don't regret my decision. Bike still rips and has top-shelf components all around. I've never ridden the HTLT, so I can't compare it, although I've heard really good things. Plan on riding the jeffsy 29er until it dies and I'll probably buy another YT after that if the price/performance is on par with where it is now.

My BB is still quiet and smooth, over a year and have done lots of creek crossings and spray the hose full blast to clean it. try replacing it to a Praxis https://praxiscycles.com/product/m30-bb86-road/

Cool, I'll take a look. I was just gonna reassemble and put some retaining on it.

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
Hi guys.

I have little issue with bike. When I compress rear of bike it is a strange noise from shox (i think).
I changed all bearing in frame. I don't feel any moovment on bushing etc. but this noise/click/bang is all the time.
Here is a video of issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VDVHwzn-PQfqq1DVhVlTGd7fk1U6t2m/view

in real life the sound is much louder than on video.
Anybody have similar issue?
Thanks for any advice.

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
Hi guys.

I have little issue with bike. When I compress rear of bike it is a strange noise from shox (i think).
I changed all bearing in frame. I don't feel any moovment on bushing etc. but this noise/click/bang is all the time.
Here is a video of issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VDVHwzn-PQfqq1DVhVlTGd7fk1U6t2m/view

in real life the sound is much louder than on video.
Anybody have similar issue?
Thanks for any advice.


I cant hear anything besides the slop in your dropper post...Sounds like large slop if its not your dropper.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
My 2016 was churning through BB’s every few months in shitty UK conditions. Finally settled with swapping to an XY crankset and Hope BB with threaded cups - it’s been 18 months and no creaking.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
It is definetly not droper post (noise even without post instaled). sounds like play in mounting but i cnt feel any play in any place in bike. I think i feel this click on handlebars durin compresion and release, but only when i'm compress shock. Anybody know what kind of bushing i need for top mount, bolt go directly thru bushing (not like in rear mount) so i'm little confused what i need.
Thanks for any answer

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
It is definetly not droper post (noise even without post instaled). sounds like play in mounting but i cnt feel any play in any place in bike. I think i feel this click on handlebars durin compresion and release, but only when i'm compress shock. Anybody know what kind of bushing i need for top mount, bolt go directly thru bushing (not like in rear mount) so i'm little confused what i need.
Thanks for any answer

I am fairly certain the hardware that goes thru the bushing is 10x17.4 front and 10x40 rear, the bushing is standard 1/2 inch.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
I had a clicking noise coming from my rear suspension also - 2017 CF Pro with Fox Evol DPS Shock. Sounds exactly like a worn bush but ended up being an internal fault with the shock. Proved it by removing the shock and letting almost all of the air out of it and then pushing it up and down on the bench - could hear the metallic click as shock compressed. Can't fix it yourself - problem was in the sealed internal air shaft part (Nitrogen filled). Mine was sent to Fox agent here in NZ for repair. Hope this information helps - cheers.

rpa87 wrote:
It is definetly not droper post (noise even without post instaled). sounds like play in mounting but i cnt feel any play in any place in bike. I think i feel this click on handlebars durin compresion and release, but only when i'm compress shock. Anybody know what kind of bushing i need for top mount, bolt go directly thru bushing (not like in rear mount) so i'm little confused what i need.
Thanks for any answer

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 4:01 Quote
Hey all, I need your help! I currently live in Minneapolis and am moving to Hawaii in a month. First stop is my buddy’s house in Bentonville, AR and Jeff is coming for a ride especially since the trails here have been closed since November and I haven’t ridden since January. Where I need your help is where I should ride from once I leave Arkansas all the way to Los Angeles, where I’m shipping my car from the mainland. I need your thoughts on the best trails along the I40. I know this is probably off topic but if any of y’all want to meet up along my route, I’m down for some rips.


 
Active Forum Threads
11 mins ago - Sram 2.1 clutch issues
13 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2019
15 mins ago - Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
18 mins ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
23 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
27 mins ago - Green River Utah Freeride location
33 mins ago - Debating running a e13 9-46t cassette with 30/32t up front on my DH bike.
47 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
47 mins ago - Pictures from Phone
53 mins ago - Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
57 mins ago - RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Torn patellar tendon rehab on a an e-bike...
2 hours ago - Switching to 29 at an older age
2 hours ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
2 hours ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
2 hours ago - 12 Speed Hyperglide + chain with SRAM Eagle = Better shifting?
2 hours ago - Question About Forks!
4 hours ago - Go Nuts “Nut Hugger” Enduro
4 hours ago - 29er E13 trs rear wheel making a rattling noise!!
4 hours ago - Enduro from SPAIN
4 hours ago - Giant trance 29-2 break pads rattling!
4 hours ago - Official Scottish Biking Thread

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008720
Mobile Version of Website