Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Author Message
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
Wondering the same...

iuuumm wrote:
How are the e13 carbon wheels, especially the hubs, that come stock on the CF PRO RACE?
Anyone has any experience with them?
I'm about to order a Pro race, but I'm not too sure about the wheelset, might swap it straight from out the box with some stans....

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
Could just be that sales weren't as strong as forecasted and they're expecting another shipment soon (judging from dates on other "coming soon" models they'll have a shipment in May), rather than dealing with overstock, storage, etc., thin the inventory now and get more bikes on the trail before more come online :shrug:

Branmuffin wrote:
chacou wrote:
Damn, today is payday and YT is running $1000 off in-stock Jeffsy 29 pro races ...gotta fight the urge

Is there a reason they are so deeply discounted? Kinda surprising as that’s a killer build for even MSRP. Slow sales? Known issue?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
birnie wrote:
Does anyone know if the pro race comes with tubeless valves? I ordered mine yesterday, can’t wait

Should, my CF Pro last year did.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
iuuumm wrote:
How are the e13 carbon wheels, especially the hubs, that come stock on the CF PRO RACE?
Anyone has any experience with them?
I'm about to order a Pro race, but I'm not too sure about the wheelset, might swap it straight from out the box with some stans....

Lifetime warranty on em, I know that.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
Ref the E13 carbon wheels, my buddy has some that came on Intense Tracer. Running with Cush Core since beginning. He’s had no issues.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
markkarlstrand wrote:
I have 5 rides on my new Jeffsy CF Pro 29. I've messed with the fork and shock a bunch but they still seem way too harsh. The Deluxe shock has no tokens, full open LSC and 30% sag. The Pike has no tokens, MotionControl full open, two clicks on LSC and close to 30% sag. I get full travel in the rear but am not getting full travel in front even on rough DH. Anyone else experiencing a harsh ride on this bike? Granted, I have been riding a 160mm Enduro 29 with Pike and Super Deluxe for the last 4 years but this seems more than less travel going on.

Hey man, I was riding a 2018 jeffsy fhat came with a monarch and a pike. I felt the VERY same way about the harshness. I ended up adding two tokens to the front Pike and it changes the whole feel, I finally felt like it was small bump compliant. I also ended up getting rid of that rear shock and bought an x2 which transformed the bike. Truly transformed it so that I could take huge downhill hits and feel like I actually had a full suspension the bike.

Try the tokens in the front and get rid of that damn monarch.

I have a 2019 jeffsy comp on order and already have an x2 and a fox36 waiting for it because I didn’t want to go through that again.
Yep, I think I was tuning the wrong direction so far. I should add more tokens and increase the sag to get a more supple top and avoid hard bottom out. I'm also going to try the zip tie burp trick to see if maybe the lowers are pressurized. Seems a lot of people have experienced that with Pikes.
I hope I don't need to replace the Deluxe. I really liked the Super Deluxe I used to have on my Enduro. WIll mess with it some more.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
trjoedave wrote:
birnie wrote:
Does anyone know if the pro race comes with tubeless valves? I ordered mine yesterday, can’t wait

Should, my CF Pro last year did.

My CF Pro did not

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
birnie wrote:
Does anyone know if the pro race comes with tubeless valves? I ordered mine yesterday, can’t wait

Not in 2019. The old models did. I orders some e thirteen from Jensen today for my bike along with some DHF and DHR IIs.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
spizike9 wrote:
birnie wrote:
Does anyone know if the pro race comes with tubeless valves? I ordered mine yesterday, can’t wait

Not in 2019. The old models did. I orders some e thirteen from Jensen today for my bike along with some DHF and DHR IIs.


Well that’s a drag. Are the wheels at least taped and tubeless ready?
What length stems did you buy to fit the wheels? The 17-27mm or the 27-37mm depth?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
IMO, they made a mistake with the build kit. Had they gone SRAM (XO1 Eagle, RSC/ultimate brakes, etc), they’d be killing it on the Pro Race. Looks like all of them; Jeffsy/Capra and Tues PR. That’s why I went CF Pro; too many things I would have wanted to change. Just an opinion...

The drive train is the only thing that’s lacking on this build. If it was X01 and better brakes it would be insane. I wish it would have came with XT brakes instead. I may end up switching my old brakes from my Diamondback Mission Pro and put the ones from my YT Race Pro on there when I sell it. I’m going to Moab next weekend so I’ll see how the brakes do.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
chacou wrote:
Damn, today is payday and YT is running $1000 off in-stock Jeffsy 29 pro races ...gotta fight the urge

Is there a reason they are so deeply discounted? Kinda surprising as that’s a killer build for even MSRP. Slow sales? Known issue?

I’m thinking inventory just isn’t moving like it has in years past. Really the only models that are back ordered are the Capra AL Comp and Jeffsy CF Comp. I guess the base AL models are as well. But the higher end models are not moving.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
trjoedave wrote:
spizike9 wrote:
birnie wrote:
Does anyone know if the pro race comes with tubeless valves? I ordered mine yesterday, can’t wait

Not in 2019. The old models did. I orders some e thirteen from Jensen today for my bike along with some DHF and DHR IIs.


Well that’s a drag. Are the wheels at least taped and tubeless ready?

When I called yesterday after placing my order to check on the stems etc I was told the wheels are taped.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
trjoedave wrote:
spizike9 wrote:
birnie wrote:
Does anyone know if the pro race comes with tubeless valves? I ordered mine yesterday, can’t wait

Not in 2019. The old models did. I orders some e thirteen from Jensen today for my bike along with some DHF and DHR IIs.


Well that’s a drag. Are the wheels at least taped and tubeless ready?
What length stems did you buy to fit the wheels? The 17-27mm or the 27-37mm depth?

Get the 17-27 e13 ones. The 27-37 will not fit. Wheels are taped and tubeless ready. Seem to be pretty solid, but I only have 100 miles on mine (25 or so of that was a fairly rough race, though).

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
spizike9 wrote:
rme-dh wrote:
IMO, they made a mistake with the build kit. Had they gone SRAM (XO1 Eagle, RSC/ultimate brakes, etc), they’d be killing it on the Pro Race. Looks like all of them; Jeffsy/Capra and Tues PR. That’s why I went CF Pro; too many things I would have wanted to change. Just an opinion...

The drive train is the only thing that’s lacking on this build. If it was X01 and better brakes it would be insane. I wish it would have came with XT brakes instead. I may end up switching my old brakes from my Diamondback Mission Pro and put the ones from my YT Race Pro on there when I sell it. I’m going to Moab next weekend so I’ll see how the brakes do.

Drivetrain from the pro race seems good, from what I can tell. X01 I on my old 27 shifted a little more crisply, but I like the double upshift of the shimano. It's xtr, so it's not like it's cheap stuff. I don't miss the 12th gear and don't notice any difference in gearing range. You still get the carbon e13 cranks with the pro race, though, so I consider them comparable to the x01 cranks. A little beefier it seems like.

I agree on the brakes, though. The guide rsc is a downgrade from previous years and kinda sucks. Seems like they could have gone codes, shimano, or even something outside of the box like trp. I swapped my maguras (mt7) from my old bike and never looked back.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
serveace wrote:
spizike9 wrote:
rme-dh wrote:
IMO, they made a mistake with the build kit. Had they gone SRAM (XO1 Eagle, RSC/ultimate brakes, etc), they’d be killing it on the Pro Race. Looks like all of them; Jeffsy/Capra and Tues PR. That’s why I went CF Pro; too many things I would have wanted to change. Just an opinion...

The drive train is the only thing that’s lacking on this build. If it was X01 and better brakes it would be insane. I wish it would have came with XT brakes instead. I may end up switching my old brakes from my Diamondback Mission Pro and put the ones from my YT Race Pro on there when I sell it. I’m going to Moab next weekend so I’ll see how the brakes do.

Drivetrain from the pro race seems good, from what I can tell. X01 I on my old 27 shifted a little more crisply, but I like the double upshift of the shimano. It's xtr, so it's not like it's cheap stuff. I don't miss the 12th gear and don't notice any difference in gearing range. You still get the carbon e13 cranks with the pro race, though, so I consider them comparable to the x01 cranks. A little beefier it seems like.

I agree on the brakes, though. The guide rsc is a downgrade from previous years and kinda sucks. Seems like they could have gone codes, shimano, or even something outside of the box like trp. I swapped my maguras (mt7) from my old bike and never looked back.

That’s good to know. I know the XTR stuff is solid. Just wasn’t sure about the e13 stuff.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011416
Mobile Version of Website