Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Has anyone tried an alternative bottle and cage combo for the 2019 Jeffsy? I know you can get the Fid-lock one but I have heard it rattles about, again, any advice, pictures would be appreciated. Cheers!

I fit a Specialized Zee cage with a Camelbak podium water bottle on mine. Had to saw off the bottom limiter of the cage but I was able to make it work. I have a picture on my profile somewhere.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
PDWbike wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Has anyone tried an alternative bottle and cage combo for the 2019 Jeffsy? I know you can get the Fid-lock one but I have heard it rattles about, again, any advice, pictures would be appreciated. Cheers!

I fit a Specialized Zee cage with a Camelbak podium water bottle on mine. Had to saw off the bottom limiter of the cage but I was able to make it work. I have a picture on my profile somewhere.

It was for the 2019 Mk2 model as I used the Specialized Roll cage on my Mk1 Jeffsy but thanks for the reply anyway.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
PDWbike wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:

It was for the 2019 Mk2 model as I used the Specialized Roll cage on my Mk1 Jeffsy but thanks for the reply anyway.

My bad, definitely didn't notice that. I've only seen pictures but the clearance for bottles on the new Jeffsy looks better than the 2018, maybe that cage/bottle combo might still work?

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 21:27 Quote
Anyone know if the kmc 11 speed chain will work on the 2019 pro race build ? That’s xtr with e13 cassette

O+
Posted: May 9, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
Anyone know if the kmc 11 speed chain will work on the 2019 pro race build ? That’s xtr with e13 cassette

It will...,
but you’ll be much happier with the shifting characteristics if you went with the eagle 12 speed chain. Smoothes out a bunch of the E13 quirks.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
Elkulp wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:

It will...,
but you’ll be much happier with the shifting characteristics if you went with the eagle 12 speed chain. Smoothes out a bunch of the E13 quirks.

I don’t agree, I tried the 12 speed chain and it made everything noisy as all hell. It was awful. Also changed none of the shifting issues like the backpedal downshift. I know it works for some, it did nothing for me.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
What do you use? I'm thinking of trying the SRAM X1 11-speed chain next.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Elkulp wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:

It will...,

Agreed, the 12 speed chain solved a lot of the e13 issues I was having also.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
My bike is fairly new less than 100 miles and so far have not had issues. Even on the demo I rode. What are these quirks ? Are you all using xtr + e13 cassette ?

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
Sram derailleur + e13 cassette (not from origin) + sram 11s chain = no pb even backpedalling. But it took some time to set it up properly at first.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
My bike is fairly new less than 100 miles and so far have not had issues. Even on the demo I rode. What are these quirks ? Are you all using xtr + e13 cassette ?

From my experience:

Pedal backwards in certain gears, the chain falls off.
It's loud (the whole drivetrain, mainly the front chainring, though....relative to X01 eagle which I came from).
Certain shifts are a little bit jarring (again, compared to X01 eagle).
Shifts overall are a little slow.

Maybe there are others.

If I could do anything I'd put an eagle front ring on, b/c those are much quieter and seem to have much better retention than standard n/w rings, but it won't work with the e13 cranks.

I haven't swapped to a 12sp chain. I've heard from others this helps. I may whenever my current chain needs to be replaced, but none of these bother me enough to replace it right now. At some point down the line I may switch to eagle...but then again maybe not. Bike still rides well and the e13 drivetrain is cheaper.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
What do you use? I'm thinking of trying the SRAM X1 11-speed chain next.

I tried the sram 12sp when my shimano 11sp chain broke. Shifting degraded and noise increased. It honestly sounded like sand was now able to fit between everything so constant grinding noises. Switched over to sram 11sp chain and everything is jelly again, no issues besides backpedal downshift in top few gears.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
Hey,

Does anyone know which Invisiframe finish would be better for the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race in black? Matte or gloss?

cheers

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
thebokchoi wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know which Invisiframe finish would be better for the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race in black? Matte or gloss?

cheers

I went with matte and couldn’t be happier. Looks sic as and stuff is very durable!

O+
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
thebokchoi wrote:
Hey,

cheers

I went with matte and couldn’t be happier. Looks sic as and stuff is very durable!

Thanks for the info mate, got any photo you could share of it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015511
Mobile Version of Website