Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: May 24, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference overall. If you still notice it after hitting the trails, I would be interested in a quick review

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
chacou wrote:
Working man's "SLXTR" swapped the SLX bushing pulleys with XTR, what a huge difference a couple bucks makes! XTR chain and new E13 TRS+ aluminum cogs (33-39-46) going on this evening. It's been snowing on the central Front Range so haven't really been able to ride the last few days but just pedaling in the driveway and feeling the difference between bushings and bearings is incredible.

Just looking at the pictures between the two, it looks like it would make a difference. Anyway, great idea!

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
My initial impressions is a huge difference in the drivetrain for ~$70 on backcountry.com. XTR pulleys fit perfectly in the SLX derailer and are much smoother and quieter than the bushing based SLX pulleys. Combined with a new 11 speed XTR chain as well and back pedal, noise, "ghost shift" issues all seemed to be resolved. Feels like there's much lower resistance when pedaling and the shifts seem faster and much much quieter/smoother. I've got about 50 miles over the weekend on the new setup so far.

...also rode a buddy's demo Yeti SB150 yesterday afternoon for a lap on our usual ~1300' climb/descend, and that thing was so sweet. Could definitely tell a difference between the seat tube angles on my first gen Jeffsy and the SB150, the SB150 you really feel like you're right on top of the bottom bracket, and it could've been the hero dirt from the moisture last week but it stuck like velcro to the trail.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
Your post inspired me to r&r my slx derailleur pulleys for xtr. Found them on eBay for $28. Finally, a reasonable upgrade. I've been using an Eagle chain on all my Shimano 11-speeds. Works great.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 2:38 Quote
Dont know if this has already been discussed but with the new guided internal cable routing on the 2019 Jeffsy, how are the EU and ANZ (moto style) folks running their rear brake line?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
I took rear shock off the frame so i could take volume spacers off.

After re-installing shock i noticed that on front side of shock there is space between bike frame, the washer of bushing and the shock eyelet on left side. I can fiddle the washer 1mm side to side. It seems that bushing is too far on the left side, has it moved inside the eyelet? Even then it seems like washers are too slim compared to how long bushing is. Should the washers fit tight against the shock eyelet and bike frame?

Same thing on bottom of the shock, right side but not so major. Probably ~0.5mm bushing showing there. On left side its completely flush with bushing spacer. Its also completely flush on right side top of the shock.

Do you have only one small washers on top of the shock per side and how does it look on your bikes? If the bushing has moved inside the eyelet how can i get it centered

edit: I wonder are the bushing spacers/washers doing mechanically anything or are they there just for looks? The bushings do fit bike frame tightly but they are off-centered and spacers/washers aren't snug against eyelets and bike frame. I did send YT a ticket to ask about this.

Some pics to help

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
Any word on if they will update the aluminum version?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
2spoke4me wrote:

After re-installing shock i noticed that on front side of shock there is space between bike frame, the washer of bushing and the shock eyelet on left side. I can fiddle the washer 1mm side to side. It seems that bushing is too far on the left side, has it moved inside the eyelet? Even then it seems like washers are too slim compared to how long bushing is. Should the washers fit tight against the shock eyelet and bike frame?

Same thing on bottom of the shock, right side but not so major. Probably ~0.5mm bushing showing there. On left side its completely flush with bushing spacer. Its also completely flush on right side top of the shock.

Do you have only one small washers on top of the shock per side and how does it look on your bikes? If the bushing has moved inside the eyelet how can i get it centered

edit: I wonder are the bushing spacers/washers doing mechanically anything or are they there just for looks? The bushings do fit bike frame tightly but they are off-centered and spacers/washers aren't snug against eyelets and bike frame. I did send YT a ticket to ask about this.

Some pics to help

If the bolts can be torqued to the recommended setting I really wouldn't worry about it, it may go central with use but it won't be an issue as it is at the moment. One of my Capras was like this and it was totally fine.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
[Quote="LUCKYMULLEN"]
2spoke4me wrote:

Some pics to help

If the bolts can be torqued to the recommended setting I really wouldn't worry about it, it may go central with use but it won't be an issue as it is at the moment. One of my Capras was like this and it was totally fine.

I think it's normal that the washers are a little slimer than the bushing. But you have to center the bushing because they must extend the same length on each side. In this way the shock can pivot correctly on its bushing.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
I was really very unhappy with the Pike that came on my 2019 Jeffsy CF Pro. It was super harsh on all types of terrain. It basically felt like a rigid fork no matter what I did with settings and tokens. Reading around the interweb it seems that other smaller folks (160 lbs geared up to ride) like me were having a similar complaint and the culprit was the compression stack in the fork. I just did my first test ride after having the Push HC97 installed and I can say it's like a totally different fork. Super responsive and plush on small and large hits. I couldn't be happier. I totally recommend the upgrade for anyone with a Charger 2 damper fork, especially if you are a smaller person.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Soo I have a 2018 capra 27.5 running at 170. I'm seriously considering getting a Jeffsy cf pro 29er, upping the fork to 160, and slapping on a coil.
What do you all think? I want better climbing/pedaling, better seat angle, and a little peppier ride than a full blown capra. Or is it dumb and I'm just trying to make a Jeffsy a capra? I ride in Laguna/so cal.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
supercollider wrote:
Soo I have a 2018 capra 27.5 running at 170. I'm seriously considering getting a Jeffsy cf pro 29er, upping the fork to 160, and slapping on a coil.
What do you all think? I want better climbing/pedaling, better seat angle, and a little peppier ride than a full blown capra. Or is it dumb and I'm just trying to make a Jeffsy a capra? I ride in Laguna/so cal.

I have the 17’ jeffsy cf at 160 I had a coil on it and it’s awesome! Everything I’ve had it on including bike parks! I had the vivid coil then recently changed to the Cain creek dB air cs and have it coil like with a bit more “pop” but if you don’t feel you “need” a Capra then go jeffsy for sure! Specially if you get the new one it sound a bit more burley!

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Just wondering, has anyone here tried a threaded fit bottom bracket? Just like what Cam Zinc used in his Tues. See the video @7:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQCONjLsDZk

what exact crank spindle do we have? I have the rf next crankset.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
bbc611 wrote:
supercollider wrote:

I have the 17’ jeffsy cf at 160 I had a coil on it and it’s awesome! Everything I’ve had it on including bike parks! I had the vivid coil then recently changed to the Cain creek dB air cs and have it coil like with a bit more “pop” but if you don’t feel you “need” a Capra then go jeffsy for sure! Specially if you get the new one it sound a bit more burley!

Thanks. What did the dbair do that the original air shock didn't do?

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
supercollider wrote:
bbc611 wrote:
supercollider wrote:

Thanks. What did the dbair do that the original air shock didn't do?

Mine came with the monarch I just felt I couldn’t get it to feel how I wanted I guess just being picky then I switched to coil I’d probably still have it but the vivid air doesn’t have a climb switch and I got sick of not having one and I’ve found I like the progression of an air shock so I just went with the dB air and I got the cane creek app! That’s a must if you get one it will get you close right off the bat then you go back into the app and it’ll ask you questions and then depending how you answer will tell you what to adjust and how much!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025759
Mobile Version of Website