Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 21:25 Quote
supercollider wrote:
Soo I have a 2018 capra 27.5 running at 170. I'm seriously considering getting a Jeffsy cf pro 29er, upping the fork to 160, and slapping on a coil.
What do you all think? I want better climbing/pedaling, better seat angle, and a little peppier ride than a full blown capra. Or is it dumb and I'm just trying to make a Jeffsy a capra? I ride in Laguna/so cal.

So do you actually use all 170 on Capra 27? I’d buy the CF Pro Race with the 150 travel and then slap a coil on the back. I haven’t bottomed out my CF Pro Race yet and I’ve been on some pretty rowdy trails in Moab and other parts of Southern Utah. You get so much more with the Pro Race and ultimately once you get your coil on it you’ll love it way more.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 23:34 Quote
spizike9 wrote:
supercollider wrote:
Soo I have a 2018 capra 27.5 running at 170. I'm seriously considering getting a Jeffsy cf pro 29er, upping the fork to 160, and slapping on a coil.
What do you all think? I want better climbing/pedaling, better seat angle, and a little peppier ride than a full blown capra. Or is it dumb and I'm just trying to make a Jeffsy a capra? I ride in Laguna/so cal.

So do you actually use all 170 on Capra 27? I’d buy the CF Pro Race with the 150 travel and then slap a coil on the back. I haven’t bottomed out my CF Pro Race yet and I’ve been on some pretty rowdy trails in Moab and other parts of Southern Utah. You get so much more with the Pro Race and ultimately once you get your coil on it you’ll love it way more.

Almost never bottom out. You're basically reading my mind. I think thats the way i'm going to go. tomorrow I will demo them both at YT and try to demo the canyon too. (for kicks)

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
Update: demo'd Jeffsy pro race (150 mm travel) and a capra pro (160) at YT USA hq. First off, the entire crew here is amazing. They know their stuff and are extremely approachable. Even got advice from with the schleyer himself.
Right now I'm sipping on a craft beer from their tap, waiting for my Capra.
I liked the Jeffsy, but for me the overall posit on the Capra felt more centered and I felt like I could rail the bike better through turns.
It's very back and forth though. One of the guys here long forked his Jeffsy and loves it.
Anyway, thnaks for the help and if you're in socal it's worth a visit to the HQ.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
supercollider wrote:
Update: demo'd Jeffsy pro race (150 mm travel) and a capra pro (160) at YT USA hq. First off, the entire crew here is amazing. They know their stuff and are extremely approachable. Even got advice from with the schleyer himself.
Right now I'm sipping on a craft beer from their tap, waiting for my Capra.
I liked the Jeffsy, but for me the overall posit on the Capra felt more centered and I felt like I could rail the bike better through turns.
It's very back and forth though. One of the guys here long forked his Jeffsy and loves it.
Anyway, thnaks for the help and if you're in socal it's worth a visit to the HQ.

Sick! Sounds like a good time. Enjoy your bike!

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
Does anyone know what type of freehub body comes on the 2018 Jeffsy AL Comp? It still has the E Thirteen 9-46 cassette but I am gathering parts to go to the Eagle. I’d rather know if I need an XD driver now rather than after I’ve dropped the bike off at the shop.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
It's an XD driver.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
Anyone running an X2 or DHX2 on their Jeffsy by chance?
Thinking of upgrading my shock on my 2019 cf frame. 210x55

Cheers

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
ytjodave wrote:

Cheers

Been on a 210x55 Fox X2 since a week after first round of deliveries.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
Elkulp wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

Cheers

How do you like it?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
Elkulp wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

Cheers

How do you like it?

Best shock on the market currently, it'll act any way you want it to. If you want even more plush though go coil...
I like a progressive setup so I run 3 spacers and 215 PSI and weigh 200 geared up.

and I can confirm that the new Fidlock Thirstmaster fits with the X2 mounted.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
Elkulp wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
Elkulp wrote:

How do you like it?

Best shock on the market currently, it'll act any way you want it to. If you want even more plush though go coil...
I like a progressive setup so I run 3 spacers and 215 PSI and weigh 200 geared up.

and I can confirm that the new Fidlock Thirstmaster fits with the X2 mounted.

Thx for the intel. I’m torn between the X2 for shock pump adjustability and the DHX2 fir the coil grip/traction. I’ve also eyed up the Hazzard but think I’d prefer the adjustability of the Fox better.

Thanks again.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
Stick or Twist?

Morning guys,

I've had my YT Jeffsy CF Comp 29er for two years now. I've made some nice modifications, 160mm Pike with a 51mm offset, dual position (great for climbing), offset rear bushings, Stans wheels plus a few other things and really enjoy it.

However, something is drawing me to towards a shiny 2019 model which is a little longer and slacker. I guess my question is, will I really notice the difference, especially compared to geometry changes I've made as a result of the above mods. Or will I just end up wanting to do the the same mods again?

Perhaps fitting a Cane Creek coil shock to my 2017 bike would be the best compromise. I couldn't afford to do this if I bought a new model.

Let me know what you you think... or have any experience moving from a 2017 to 2019 bike.

G

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 3:07 Quote
I went from the 2016 Pro Race or whatever the top one was (overall the best bike I have ever owned) to a 2019 Pro Race, they are completely different bikes, the new one is like an Enduro bike whereas the old one was an amazing Trail bike. Love them both but the new one takes more rider input to throw around.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
Throw a coil on your MK1, way cheaper and it'll feel like a different bike. DVO Jade is another good option for the money, I've really liked how it's changed the characteristics of my MK1, makes it feel much more "enduro"

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
I’m on the fence and need brotherly advice. Been completely happy with ‘18 Jeffsy 29 Al but Rhythm 34 has been acting up going from smooth to harsh...i’ve been looking for a used Mattoc/Magnum Pro, yea y’all don’t mention Manitou much but I love the Minute Pro 120 on my HT so i’ve been a fan boy. I test rode a 9.8 Slash today to experience a high end Fox 36 suspension which was nice but to tell the truth Jeffsy AL performs on par when the Rhythm 34 behaves. Should I give Rhythm another chance with clearing out the excess grease and adding fresh Plush fluid like Escrowdog tried a while back hoping that solves the issues or do I pull the trigger on a fair priced Lightly Used Magnum Pro?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017942
Mobile Version of Website