Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
Just service the Rhythm and also redo the grease. Transformed the fork to buttery smooth again for me.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
Just service the Rhythm and also redo the grease. Transformed the fork to buttery smooth again for me.

I feel like this goes for just about any fork. Just had my Pike lowers serviced after about 80 hours (instead of RS recommended 50) and it's buttery smooth again after having some fairly noticeable sticktion and "harshness".

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Looking for help to buy a spoke!

I've got a 2017 model with dt swiss M1700 spline 22.5 boost.
I am looking for a rear spoke, but they are so many models, I am completely lost...

I cannot find the complete doc of the wheel.

https://spokes-calculator.dtswiss.com should help me, but I need the references of the other parts of the wheel.

I sent a message to YT but not waiting for an answer any longer.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 2:53 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:

I am looking for a rear spoke, but they are so many models, I am completely lost...

https://spokes-calculator.dtswiss.com should help me, but I need the references of the other parts of the wheel.

It is a bit tricky to find, on some of the manuals it was referred that look for the spoke lengths from "DT swiss Techbook", so by searching for the Techbook, I found this, see page 26-27.

Techbook lists all lengths for 29" M1700 22.5 either 304 or 305mm, so I ordered some 305mm ones for spare spokes for my wheels. I've only needed to replace one spoke so far...

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:
fautquecaswing wrote:

It is a bit tricky to find, on some of the manuals it was referred that look for the spoke lengths from "DT swiss Techbook", so by searching for the Techbook, I found this, see page 26-27.

Techbook lists all lengths for 29" M1700 22.5 either 304 or 305mm, so I ordered some 305mm ones for spare spokes for my wheels. I've only needed to replace one spoke so far...

Thank you so much! Good catch, I was not able to find this doc, I'll keep it preciously.

BTW in the meantime YT answered me: (YT, are you looking at pinkbike messages? Wink

YT wrote:
According to the DT Swiss 2016 Techbook your rear wheel needs 305mm Left-side and 304mm Right-side spokes.
You can find the other details for the wheel here:
DT Swiss 2016 TechBook https://d2a13k6araex7u.cloudfront.net/fileadmin/user_upload/Support/Catalog/Catalog_2016/DT_Swiss_Techbook_2016.pdf

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:

If you do want to try something else, If you keep an eye on the BuySell section on this site you can upgrade your bike at a very reasonable price. I was in 300 to upgrade my 2018 AL from the Rhythm to a 2020 Fox 36 Factory. I am no expert, but there is a noticeable difference in the quality of the those two forks.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
I upgraded my rear shock on a 18 Jeffsy AL to a DPX2, wow did it change the bike massively. It also made me like the Rhythm fork as it works well with the DPX2. Wheels stay planted in turns so well. Best upgrade i did on my bike!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 15:23 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
I upgraded my rear shock on a 18 Jeffsy AL to a DPX2, wow did it change the bike massively. It also made me like the Rhythm fork as it works well with the DPX2. Wheels stay planted in turns so well. Best upgrade i did on my bike!

I felt the same way when I added the x2 to the 2018 mk1 Jeffsy and it completely transformed the bike. SOOO much better.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:

Ha! After riding the new fork I just had to drop in on the DPX2 as well. Just mounted it but have not had any miles on it yet.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
Quick question. 2019 Jeffsy CF Pro Race (or other 2019 Jeffsy CF models) + 2019 (or newer) Fox X2 (210x55) + Thirstmaster 4000 (Fidlock version)? Will it work, or would I have to use a 2018 or older Fox X2? I understand the air can on the 2018 or older Fox X2's are about 11 mm smaller, correct? Thank you.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
I have a hazard mounted and the fidlock 450 as well as the thirst master fit (utilizing the thirst master mounting hardware). It did not work using the fidlock 450 hardware. Smile . Check back a ways in the thread for pics of clearance.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
I have a hazard mounted and the fidlock 450 as well as the thirst master fit (utilizing the thirst master mounting hardware). It did not work using the fidlock 450 hardware. Smile . Check back a ways in the thread for pics of clearance.

So you are using a non-YT Fidlock bottle? This 15 oz/450 ml one? https://www.fidlock-bike.com/produkte_en.html#bottle_450 If so, do you know if the dimensions (especially length) of that bottle are bigger or smaller than the YT Thirstmaster 4000? Also, what size frame are you on? I imagine a XL or XXL has more room than a Medium or Small. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
I tried to use the fidlock 450 bottle and the mount that came with it. Didn’t work... once my thirst master finally shipped I used the mount that came with it. Once I did, I was able to use the fidlock 450 bottle and the thirst master without issue. Again, go back in the thread and it’s all there. Bottom line, u need the thirst master, but once you have it mounted you can use a few different bottles that may increase clearance for u. This was on a large. Check pages 69 and 70.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:

Toast, Saw your DPS Q on MTBR... based on the feedback from you, Alex, and TK I’ve decided to replace the DPS with a Manitou McLeod to transform the bike and service the Rhythm.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
Yeah, I'm not sure about the state of my DPS at the moment. It started to make a strange squishy sound when compressing it fast, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoLW24nkGPg. Since I lack bushing tools I've not serviced the shock yet, just refilled a bit of Float liquid. Now I'm gambling if I should get get bushing tools and seals and do a small service or if a rebuild is necessary (would send it to Fox for that). It feels ok at least.
I'm sometimes thinking of putting something with a piggybag on but yeah, the wife acceptance factor of buying even more gear is suboptimal.Smile

The service of the Rhythm was really a game changer. Besides the fresh oil, I think a main thing was that I pulled out the air part thingy and redid the grease there. The exchange flow of positive and negative chamber have become way better by doing this. I didn't even change the seals and the fork felt really better than new. Still totally happy with it, 10/10 would service again.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018316
Mobile Version of Website