Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
I'm sometimes thinking of putting something with a piggybag on but yeah, the wife acceptance factor of buying even more gear is suboptimal.Smile

The service of the Rhythm was really a game changer. Besides the fresh oil, I think a main thing was that I pulled out the air part thingy and redid the grease there. The exchange flow of positive and negative chamber have become way better by doing this. I didn't even change the seals and the fork felt really better than new. Still totally happy with it, 10/10 would service again.

I’m there with you on the approval situation. My approach is ‘I don’t have a spare for that yet for when it needs to be serviced or...’ d;o)

Thanks for the detail on the Rhythm service so my LBS will understand what needs to be achieved!

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Anyone have an opinion on the minimum rider weight for a 2019 jeffsy 29 pro? I'm considering one for my wife but she's only 110lbs. Wondering if a rig with a women's tune would make more sense.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
lincolnlogs1 wrote:
Anyone have an opinion on the minimum rider weight for a 2019 jeffsy 29 pro? I'm considering one for my wife but she's only 110lbs. Wondering if a rig with a women's tune would make more sense.

Good question.
A friend who is small and light, about 60kg, pefers the pike over any fox forks that he is never able to tune for its weight.
Otherwise the progressivity of the jeffsy might be a problem, but maybe no less no more than any heavier riders! At worst, you ll have to find an adapted shock.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
Guys,

Thinking of selling my YT Jeffsy to replace it with a 2019 model.

How much do you think I could get for CF Comp 2 29er bought in June 2017??

Maintenance last month:
- New genuine YT bushes fitted
- New Hope bottom bracket
- Pike fork serviced
- New SRAM Chain
- Upper teeth on Hope cassette replaced
- New Maxxis DHR II rear tyre

Had a few upgrades over the years:
- 160mm Rockshox Pike RCT3 and Dual Position
- Stans Flow rims with Hope Pro 4 hubs
- Hope 10-44 cassette
- Offset bushes
- BrandX 150mm dropper
- Renthal bars
- Oval 30T chainring
- Few other bits and pieces.

So any thoughts what I could get for it?

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
Input on the downhill capabilities of the Jeffsy 29er? I'm about to purchase 29er, but I'm skeptical of the agility of the 29er down technical singletrack? How does the bike perform? Thanks for all input!!!

Dnye

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
dnyewoods12 wrote:
Input on the downhill capabilities of the Jeffsy 29er? I'm about to purchase 29er, but I'm skeptical of the agility of the 29er down technical singletrack? How does the bike perform? Thanks for all input!!!

Dnye

In my experience the bike isn't the limitation so I'd say it performs as well as you can ride it Razz

I swapped my 27 for a 29er and the only thing I've noticed is that I to go faster everywhere. Because it's a longer bike, I've had to be a bit more conscious about keeping my weight forward when cornering.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Guys,

Maintenance last month:
- Pike fork serviced
- New SRAM Chain

- Hope 10-44 cassette
- Offset bushes
- BrandX 150mm dropper
- Renthal bars
- Oval 30T chainring

Looking at pb buy/sell there's not much for comparison. I'd guess 1500-2k. This is the closest comparison (only searching EU since you have the union jack on your profile): https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2517309/

You've done a bunch of custom stuff, and you are unlikely to get your money back for that. If you have the original wheels I'd put those back on and keep your hopes/stans or sell them separately.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
serveace wrote:
dnyewoods12 wrote:

Dnye

In my experience the bike isn't the limitation so I'd say it performs as well as you can ride it Razz

I swapped my 27 for a 29er and the only thing I've noticed is that I to go faster everywhere. Because it's a longer bike, I've had to be a bit more conscious about keeping my weight forward when cornering.

Great feedback totally get what your saying. Makes a lot of sense. Thank You

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
serveace wrote:
scz4 wrote:
Guys,

Maintenance last month:
- Pike fork serviced
- New SRAM Chain

- Hope 10-44 cassette
- Offset bushes
- BrandX 150mm dropper
- Renthal bars
- Oval 30T chainring

Looking at pb buy/sell there's not much for comparison. I'd guess 1500-2k. This is the closest comparison (only searching EU since you have the union jack on your profile): https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2517309/

You've done a bunch of custom stuff, and you are unlikely to get your money back for that. If you have the original wheels I'd put those back on and keep your hopes/stans or sell them separately.

Yeah for sure, much like cars, rarely get the money back, although may make it more desirable.

With regards to the wheels, I don't have the old ones, but I could put the wheels from the new bike on it, that option had crossed my mind.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
I've been riding mine at Trestle this season and it's super fun. Jade Coil and 150 Pike, 2.5 DHF 2.4 DHRII, I'm thinking it might be time to go to 160. It can take some berms a bit higher and jumps a little different in my experience, but it's capable and fun. Agility is not a problem with Jeffsy.
dnyewoods12 wrote:

Dnye

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
Hi everyone, can you run an angleset headset on the new 2019 CF Pro Jeffsy?

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
dalas51 wrote:

Negative, it’s an integrated headset.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
dalas51 wrote:

The thing is i saw that dream build video and the guy was pressing in the headset cups so i think the new 2019 model uses semi integrated zs headset.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 2:51 Quote
dalas51 wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
dalas51 wrote:

The thing is i saw that dream build video and the guy was pressing in the headset cups so i think the new 2019 model uses semi integrated zs headset.

Dalas51, you’re correct, it’s ZS 44/56. Not only from hands on exp, but also listed as such in the exploded drawings on YT site. I actually just got a -1 degree Works adjustable headset from the UK yesterday. They sell a EC 44/ZS 56 setup that I chose. With the adjustable headset (from this brand at least), the top or bottom must use an EC cup to fit the tapered fork to allow for more room for the “tilt”. The Works setup uses an external cup up top to do this. If I had chosen the bottom then the geo been further altered basically lifting up the front and underneath the headset. With the EC cup up top only the head angle is changed. There is some additional room required for the EC on top but it’s only about 15 mm, the equivalent of the tall headset cap that came stock on the bike. Basically, remove the old headset install the new one, use the spacers that you had before (above the old cap) and you’ve got a 1° slacker set up!

photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014061
Mobile Version of Website