Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
dalas51 wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

Negative, it’s an integrated headset.

The thing is i saw that dream build video and the guy was pressing in the headset cups so i think the new 2019 model uses semi integrated zs headset.

Dalas51, you’re correct, it’s ZS 44/56. Not only from hands on exp, but also listed as such in the exploded drawings on YT site. I actually just got a -1 degree Works adjustable headset from the UK yesterday. They sell a EC 44/ZS 56 setup that I chose. With the adjustable headset, in this case, the top or bottom must use an EC cup to fit the tapered fork to allow for more room for the “tilt”. The Works setup uses an external cup up top to do this. If I had chosen the bottom then the geo been further altered basically lifting up the front and underneath the headset. With the EC cup up top only the head angle is changed. There is some additional room required for the EC on top but it’s only about 15 mm, the equivalent of the tall headset cap that came stock on the bike. Basically, remove the old headset install the new one, use the spacers that you had before (above the old cap) and you’ve got a 1° slacker set up!

Thank you for the detailed info, i was actually thinking of getting the cane creek angleset but i might go the way you did it to. Cheers

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Yessir; added some pics as well... Wink

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
Finally, its here

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Looking good! Congrats!!

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
Looking good! Congrats!!

Thank You

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 20:59 Quote
dnyewoods12 wrote:
Input on the downhill capabilities of the Jeffsy 29er? I'm about to purchase 29er, but I'm skeptical of the agility of the 29er down technical singletrack? How does the bike perform? Thanks for all input!!!

Dnye

I bought an XXL 2019 Jeffsy 29 CF Pro to replace my XL Intense Tracer T275 and from ride #1 I knew there was no situation where I'd prefer the Tracer, I rode the Jeffsy on most of the trails in Sedona and it crushed them.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
dalas51 wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

The thing is i saw that dream build video and the guy was pressing in the headset cups so i think the new 2019 model uses semi integrated zs headset.

Dalas51, you’re correct, it’s ZS 44/56. Not only from hands on exp, but also listed as such in the exploded drawings on YT site. I actually just got a -1 degree Works adjustable headset from the UK yesterday. They sell a EC 44/ZS 56 setup that I chose. With the adjustable headset (from this brand at least), the top or bottom must use an EC cup to fit the tapered fork to allow for more room for the “tilt”. The Works setup uses an external cup up top to do this. If I had chosen the bottom then the geo been further altered basically lifting up the front and underneath the headset. With the EC cup up top only the head angle is changed. There is some additional room required for the EC on top but it’s only about 15 mm, the equivalent of the tall headset cap that came stock on the bike. Basically, remove the old headset install the new one, use the spacers that you had before (above the old cap) and you’ve got a 1° slacker set up!

Make sure to let us know how it rides. It would be interesting to slack it out a degree and then extend the fork 10mm to slacken it even more and raise the BB back up.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 21:27 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
rme-dh wrote:
dalas51 wrote:

Dalas51, you’re correct, it’s ZS 44/56. Not only from hands on exp, but also listed as such in the exploded drawings on YT site. I actually just got a -1 degree Works adjustable headset from the UK yesterday. They sell a EC 44/ZS 56 setup that I chose. With the adjustable headset (from this brand at least), the top or bottom must use an EC cup to fit the tapered fork to allow for more room for the “tilt”. The Works setup uses an external cup up top to do this. If I had chosen the bottom then the geo been further altered basically lifting up the front and underneath the headset. With the EC cup up top only the head angle is changed. There is some additional room required for the EC on top but it’s only about 15 mm, the equivalent of the tall headset cap that came stock on the bike. Basically, remove the old headset install the new one, use the spacers that you had before (above the old cap) and you’ve got a 1° slacker set up!

Make sure to let us know how it rides. It would be interesting to slack it out a degree and then extend the fork 10mm to slacken it even more and raise the BB back up.

I stand corrected! Cheers dudes. Hadn’t done any maintenance on the new ride yet. Was going off of my 18’ assuming it hadn’t changed.

This is great news. Potentially make an already amazing bike more amazing... -mind, blown-
Definitely let us know how the install and riding goes. \m/

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
rme-dh wrote:
dalas51 wrote:

Is this the one you went with?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-ec44-zs56-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1160-p.asp

Cheers

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
Yessir! That’s the one. It comes in a few different head tube lengths as well. For my large, I got option 3 since it’s a 110mm. Apparently with this headset design, it’s dependent on head tube length. Supposedly, the CC angleset is a bit different in its design (utilizing “gimbals”) which allows it to align correctly regardless of HT/steerer length. I’ve read good things about the Works setup, so I pulled the trigger. When I ordered, they system told me when it would be avail (maybe they produce on demand?). It was a few days out and it shipped on time. Once it shipped, it took about a week to get here. Anyway, I’ve yet to install it but am looking forward to giving it a try.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
^ hope the install goes well, please report back

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
dalas51 wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

Do you mind posting pics of what it looks like when installed? Especially above the top cup with fork/stem/headset assembled. Thanks.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Yes to all. May be a bit though.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
Who’s making the jump to shimano 12 speed? My 11sp ethirteen cassette (3rd one warrantied in 18 months) seems to be about toast again and ready to move on to shimano.

Anyone know of minimum chainring that will work with 12sp on the Jeffsy? Would it be any different than clearance on 11sp? I have a plethora of raceface chainrings from 26t-34t and ovals depending on where I am riding. Some of my local trails out the back door are 500-1000ft of elevation per mile, so I usually run a 28t in 11sp. This probably translates to closer to 30t in 12sp but would still like to go smaller if needed. Anyone running similar weenie chainrings?
Will likely pick up SLX 51t cassette and xt mech and shifter.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Who’s making the jump to shimano 12 speed? My 11sp ethirteen cassette (3rd one warrantied in 18 months) seems to be about toast again and ready to move on to shimano.

Anyone know of minimum chainring that will work with 12sp on the Jeffsy? Would it be any different than clearance on 11sp? I have a plethora of raceface chainrings from 26t-34t and ovals depending on where I am riding. Some of my local trails out the back door are 500-1000ft of elevation per mile, so I usually run a 28t in 11sp. This probably translates to closer to 30t in 12sp but would still like to go smaller if needed. Anyone running similar weenie chainrings?
Will likely pick up SLX 51t cassette and xt mech and shifter.

I’m a fan of shimano over sram but wouldn’t it just be easier and cheaper to go eagle?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.017143
Mobile Version of Website