Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
Thank u, Sir. Yeah, I think it’s where I want it now. In its original configuration that I set up, it had gotten a little “bulldozer-ish”. This is a good balance of practical and big enough when needed.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
Scrapped the heavy coil(s) for the stock rear shock...
You had the MRP Hazard on it? Having ridden coil and air on the MK2 what's your impressions?

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
Coil was cool. Frame seemed to play nicely although I was probably over-sprung. All the standard spring/air debate issues... Coil was heavy, super plush, lacked flexibility and ease of quick adjustments. Air def lighter and more flexibility, etc... I do think coil is an option if that’s what interests you.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 13:56 Quote
Yeah, I'd tend to agree. I haven't gone back to air on my MK1, but I might put the Monarch back on when I go to install new pivot bearings, just to get a reminder of how if used to feel. The coil (DVO Jade) definitely makes it feel more like an "enduro" bike, very capable descending. Although, I'm not riding for a few weeks as I broke some ribs taking a spill at Trestle Bike Park on Friday afternoon, no damage to the bike though!

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
Ouch. Feel better my man...

Yeah, all of the standard status quo(s) with the coil. I “knew it”, I just had to see for myself. Between the Hazzard and the Ribbon Coil, I was up above 34lbs with Flows, Cush Core and big tires. I def liked it but it had become a bit hefty for a daily driver.

Good luck and heal up.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
chacou wrote:
no damage to the bike though!

HAHA, good to see you got your priorities straight. Heal up!

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
Has anybody had luck finding a water bottle+ cage combination that fits in the current 29 jeffsy frame that isn’t the thirst master?

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
Who has and knows how to get these main pivot bearings out, Jeffsy 29 AL? Preferably without purchasing an expensive specialty tool, like a race puller (although I'm not holding my breath). Non-drive side is completely seized up, along with some seized bearings in the linkage and chainstay. Swapping everything for Enduro Bearings.

jeffsy main pivot bearing drive side double bearing
jeffsy main pivot bearing drive side (double bearing)

jeffsy main pivot bearing non-drive side

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
chacou wrote:
Who has and knows how to get these main pivot bearings out, Jeffsy 29 AL? Preferably without purchasing an expensive specialty tool, like a race puller (although I'm not holding my breath). Non-drive side is completely seized up, along with some seized bearings in the linkage and chainstay. Swapping everything for Enduro Bearings.

jeffsy main pivot bearing drive side double bearing
jeffsy main pivot bearing drive side (double bearing)

This is the right way, and only way. And not expensive way (If you consider other ways might damage the frame)
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/wheels-manufacturing-sealed-bearing-extractor-for-6003-6803-and-6903-bearings

DOuble check that this is the correct size, it is for mine: '17 Jeffsy CF1. 6803 bearing.

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Linkage bearings can be pulled using combo of long threaded bolt, washers, spacers and sockets. It's not that hard. Just make sure youre pressing them in SQUARE Smile

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:

This is the right way, and only way. And not expensive way (If you consider other ways might damage the frame)
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/wheels-manufacturing-sealed-bearing-extractor-for-6003-6803-and-6903-bearings

DOuble check that this is the correct size, it is for mine: '17 Jeffsy CF1. 6803 bearing.

Yep, 6803 bearings, thanks! I made a press/extractor for the others that worked flawlessly (threaded bolt, two nuts, some washers, and small section PVC pipe to hold bearing when extracted. Got to the main pivot though and was stumped. Thanks!

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
The little slots in the central tube allow you to knock the single bearing out with a screwdriver & mallet (carefully).

You can then remove the central tube and use the same screwdriver & mallet to knock the pair of bearing out together from the inside. Or if you prefer you can press these two out using a normal bearing press kit.

I've done this twice now to my 2016 AL with no problems.

Just make sure you put the tube back in the right way round when re-assembling!

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
It can be a little tricky to hold the central tube in place whilst you press the final bearing back in - I used a bit of 15mm copper pipe over the threaded bar on my bearing press to help with this

Other bodges are available!

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
Hmm, what's happening with the stock levels? Lots of bikes now showing availability for October!

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 20:24 Quote
So I've been trying to get the main pivot bearings out with the Wheels Mfg 17mm Extractor and it just keeps popping out with no bearing. It's really starting to wear out it appears and I've only gotten 1 of the shitty, seized up 6903 pivot bearings out. Tried tons of penetrating oil, heat, using a small 3lbs sledge and old bolt. Any other ideas of what to do? The screw driver solution sounds a little too high-risk for me, yet. Wondering if there's a puller or a slide hammer would be better.

17mm Wheels Mfg sealed bearing extractor. Too soft slipping out of the bearing and wearing out
17mm Wheels Mfg sealed bearing extractor. Too soft, slipping out of the bearing and wearing out

seized cheap stock bearing... tpx brand or something
seized cheap stock bearing... tpx brand or something

Got one bearing out. Two to go.
Got one bearing out. Two to go.

new Enduro MAX bearings
new Enduro MAX bearings

old dry squared and seized stock YT 2018 Jeffsy ALC bearings
old,dry, squared, and seized; stock YT 2018 Jeffsy ALC bearings

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017365
Mobile Version of Website