Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
Will1848 wrote:
Anyone have their Aluminum Jeffsy develop some play in the suspension? I can feel the slightest bit of play when I pickup my front triangle, but the play is so small that I can't visually see anything moving. Seems pretty tight when I push it into the travel though. I checked the suspension bolts and everything seemed tight.

If this isn't a common thing I guess I'll start with the shock bolts and start throwing parts at it until it goes away...

Quite often the symptoms you are explaining are caused by a worn out DU bushing in the shock eyelet. it will allow some slop in the mounting hardware no mater how tight you have it. they can be pushed out and a new one pressed in fairly easily and not expensive.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 4:15 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:
Will1848 wrote:
Anyone have their Aluminum Jeffsy develop some play in the suspension? I can feel the slightest bit of play when I pickup my front triangle, but the play is so small that I can't visually see anything moving. Seems pretty tight when I push it into the travel though. I checked the suspension bolts and everything seemed tight.

If this isn't a common thing I guess I'll start with the shock bolts and start throwing parts at it until it goes away...

Quite often the symptoms you are explaining are caused by a worn out DU bushing in the shock eyelet. it will allow some slop in the mounting hardware no mater how tight you have it. they can be pushed out and a new one pressed in fairly easily and not expensive.

We have a winner. I started to pull everything apart and realized the DU bushings have play. Not sure how since they only have around 40 hours on them, but I think the shock bolts could also be worn a bit.

Sounds like I need to replace the DU bushing and the shock bolts just to be safe. Thanks for the help folks!

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
Installed the King McLeod today, did two quick .7mi runs up and down a Triple R (rocky,rooty,rutty) old cart path and cannot find the words to describe the experience! Sooo much difference over the DPS. I’m 150lb, set the pressure at 150 and rebound where it felt good in the lot. The bike felt so much more stable floating through the ruts and over raised roots/rocks. Felt like I was taking it easy for the first runs but did 1s under my PR and it could be pushed harder. Used 2/3 travel, about the same as the fork, so will incrementally adjust pressure and rebound after a couple drops to see where it lands.
Update: 120psi with rebound at 50% seems about right for full float. The ride is super plush yet taut soaking up the rough terrain with no kickback letting the fork do its own thing. The linear performance let’s the progressive frame geometry handle the rest.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 7:52 Quote
Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of advice. My Jeffsy CF Pro Race was stolen a couple of weeks ago from my garden shed. There was an attempted theft previously from outside my local spin class so suspect i've been followed home. Shed is now like fort knox so i'm hoping this won't ever happen again....or the additional security will deterred them from trying.

Anyway...to my dilemma. Just awaiting the insurance settlement, however i see the Jeffsy 2019 has been updated and on the face of it...looks even better. Surely a no brainer, however my local bike shop has reduced the Scott genius 900 Tuned to the same price as the Jeffsy and i'm not sure which way to turn. Has anyone ridden the 2019 Jeffsy and Genius back to back and able to offer any thoughts?

I've ridden a friend's Genius and my 2018 Jeffsy back to back and was v impressed with the Genius, however my only criticisms of the 2018 Jeffsy, seem to have been addressed..... on paper. i.e. better anti-squat under pedalling, more up to date geo etc.

I realise it's all subjective, however any advice / thoughts welcomed.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Hey guys, I've had a creaking/popping starting to develop in my headset on my '19 Jeffsy Pro Race. I took it apart last night and I couldn't get the actual bearings out so I greased everything up and put it back together hoping it would help. Well it didn't. So I just took it apart again and I can't seem to get the bearings out. I bet I only have around 150 miles on the bike and only ridden in the rain one time. With a wooden dowel and hammer I was able to get the bottom one out but the black part of the headset (sorry I don't know what it's called) came out with it and I still can't get the bearing out. I haven't been able to get the top one out yet. Any help would be much appreciated. I don't understand. Every YouTube video that I've watched shows the bearing just coming right now. I will say there wasn't too much grease in there the first time I took it apart.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
spizike9 wrote:
Every YouTube video that I've watched shows the bearing just coming right now. I will say there wasn't too much grease in there the first time I took it apart.

This was my experience with recently replacing pivot bearings on an '18 AL model. The Wheels Mfg. bearing extractors didn't get any of the factory bearings out, they appeared to have some kind of epoxy or residue of some kind on the inner race. Greased up and put new Enduro MAX bearings in and they can be removed easily now with the Wheels Mfg. extractor.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
I am about to fit a new Hope BB (well the Hope 4130 is not really looking like a BB but simply like two bearings).

1. In a carbon frame, what kind of grease do you use to fit them in?
2. Do you add any joins to protect those bearings?
3. Do you keep the central plastic tube from the race face BB?

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:
I am about to fit a new Hope BB (well the Hope 4130 is not really looking like a BB but simply like two bearings).

1. Any grease you use on your bike, Park Tool, or Finish Line Ceramic grease that I personally use
2. No
3. No, I think it was too long, Hope BB bearings are wider

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:
fautquecaswing wrote:

1. Any grease you use on your bike, Park Tool, or Finish Line Ceramic grease that I personally use
2. No

Thanks man, still waiting for the bearings to find their way home. A few days without a descent bike seems so loong this time of the year.

For 3, I was thinking about cutting the tube to the right length, I am a bit afraid by the hole under the frame. I guess it is to let the water come out, but it can also let the mud enter in...

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
Yes, you could do this. I know water enters my frame every time I wash the bike. But than it drains through that little hole.
My BB is about one year old, and it does not have any signs of rust.
One reason, why I did not try to install that tube, is that BB removal tool will not be able to expand it's "arms" all the way and when you hammer it out, you'd push against inner part of bearing. Without the tube arms push against outer part.
I damaged seals on my original one because of that.

fautquecaswing wrote:
scoobiemario wrote:
fautquecaswing wrote:

2. No

Thanks man, still waiting for the bearings to find their way home. A few days without a descent bike seems so loong this time of the year.

For 3, I was thinking about cutting the tube to the right length, I am a bit afraid by the hole under the frame. I guess it is to let the water come out, but it can also let the mud enter in...

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
I see, I used a blind puller to remove the bearings (or whatever is the name). Its pulls by the inner ring, works very well, but it is not made to reuse the bearing.
Nice to know the hope is more robust, even without the tube or extra seals.

scoobiemario wrote:
Yes, you could do this. I know water enters my frame every time I wash the bike. But than it drains through that little hole.
My BB is about one year old, and it does not have any signs of rust.
One reason, why I did not try to install that tube, is that BB removal tool will not be able to expand it's "arms" all the way and when you hammer it out, you'd push against inner part of bearing. Without the tube arms push against outer part.
I damaged seals on my original one because of that.

fautquecaswing wrote:
scoobiemario wrote:

2. No

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
Has anyone had similar cracks develop in their Jeffsy Al 2016? I just discovered these cracks on my bíke today

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
schwebbs wrote:
Has anyone had similar cracks develop in their Jeffsy Al 2016? I just discovered these cracks on my bíke today

Wooo, just the paint or down to the aluminium? You should contact YT for any doubt.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
Hey Guys,
Getting ready to switch out my e13 cassette on my 2018 jeffsey. Was going to go with a sunrace 11-46. Looks like I will need a new Shimano freehub body. I think dt Swiss freehub body’s interchagble? So it looks like I can just order Shimano freehub body and new cassette and be back in business. Old freehub is hd
Anybody see any flaws with this plan?
Boyd

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Boydpv wrote:
Hey Guys,
Getting ready to switch out my e13 cassette on my 2018 jeffsey. Was going to go with a sunrace 11-46. Looks like I will need a new Shimano freehub body. I think dt Swiss freehub body’s interchagble? So it looks like I can just order Shimano freehub body and new cassette and be back in business. Old freehub is hd
Anybody see any flaws with this plan?
Boyd

What hubs do you currently have?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012166
Mobile Version of Website