Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
stock one. Think it’s DT Swiss

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
Boydpv wrote:
Hey Guys,
Getting ready to switch out my e13 cassette on my 2018 jeffsey. Was going to go with a sunrace 11-46. Looks like I will need a new Shimano freehub body.
Boyd
Nope... Sunrace 10-46 XD

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Great news for AL owners! Vorsprung - “We are beginning to work on a Luftkappe for the 34 Rhythm so keep an eye out for that!”

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
Great news for AL owners! Vorsprung - “We are beginning to work on a Luftkappe for the 34 Rhythm so keep an eye out for that!”

Heck yes, dude! Now if there was only a way to increase the amount of travel as well.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
Boydpv wrote:
Hey Guys,
Getting ready to switch out my e13 cassette on my 2018 jeffsey. Was going to go with a sunrace 11-46. Looks like I will need a new Shimano freehub body. I think dt Swiss freehub body’s interchagble? So it looks like I can just order Shimano freehub body and new cassette and be back in business. Old freehub is hd
Anybody see any flaws with this plan?
Boyd

If you’re going to stick with 11 speed and want a better and lighter than Sunrace check out TRW Active. Excellent product for the price, ESPECIALLY their 11 speed stuff.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Started as injury downtime, deep "midseason" cleaning, replacing pivot bearings, addressing some scratches, and then escalated to...

naked rear ends
raw butts
buff

I'll do the frame over the winter and still have some buffing to do on a few welds. But my wounds are healing and I want to ride! The raw w/ painted is kinda interesting, we'll see how long before I grow tired of it Wink

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
chacou wrote:
Started as injury downtime, deep "midseason" cleaning, replacing pivot bearings, addressing some scratches, and then escalated to...

Looks good. Would be pretty sweet if the whole frame had the raw aluminum look.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
Will you cover/protect it? Clear coat?

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:

Looks good. Would be pretty sweet if the whole frame had the raw aluminum look.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll raw the front triangle over the ski season. Get some vinyl graphics as well. I also want to get a new fork (Diamond) and angle set (overfork to 160 and then "reset" STA with angle set)

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
TibZ wrote:

No clear coat, not on AL, it doesn't need it. I'll probably do some vinyl graphics/"protection" this winter

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
chacou wrote:
TibZ wrote:

No clear coat, not on AL, it doesn't need it. I'll probably do some vinyl graphics/"protection" this winter
My buddy did this to his jeffsy. It does need some sort of wax or clear to stay shiny. It won't corrode though.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Aodrn wrote:
chacou wrote:
TibZ wrote:

My buddy did this to his jeffsy. It does need some sort of wax or clear to stay shiny. It won't corrode though.

Yeah, my understanding is that it'll develop an oxidation layer that is somewhat protective that can either be buffed/polished regularly and/or waxed/oiled, but doesn't rust or corrode if left raw.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
My RF bottom Bracket finally needs replacement. I ordered the wheel manuf abec 3 BB due to the extra spacers and seals. I am on a 17 AL1 Jeffsy 29er. For those of you that have replaced your BB, what spacers are you using to ensure proper chain line. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
RiderofNEPA wrote:
My RF bottom Bracket finally needs replacement. I ordered the wheel manuf abec 3 BB due to the extra spacers and seals. I am on a 17 AL1 Jeffsy 29er. For those of you that have replaced your BB, what spacers are you using to ensure proper chain line. Thanks in advance.

Just replaced my BB by hope/enduro bearings that are supposed to be tough. No interior tube, no spacers, no outside seals! Everything is aligned as origin without fine tuning anything.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:

Just replaced my BB by hope/enduro bearings that are supposed to be tough. No interior tube, no spacers, no outside seals! Everything is aligned as origin without fine tuning anything.

Thank you very much!! The hope and wheels look exactly the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014140
Mobile Version of Website