Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Author Message
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
RiderofNEPA wrote:
fautquecaswing wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:
My RF bottom Bracket finally needs replacement. I ordered the wheel manuf abec 3 BB due to the extra spacers and seals. I am on a 17 AL1 Jeffsy 29er. For those of you that have replaced your BB, what spacers are you using to ensure proper chain line. Thanks in advance.

Just replaced my BB by hope/enduro bearings that are supposed to be tough. No interior tube, no spacers, no outside seals! Everything is aligned as origin without fine tuning anything.

Thank you very much!! The hope and wheels look exactly the same.

Indeed they are exactly the same enduro bearings, but yours get extra dust seals, looks great.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
RiderofNEPA wrote:
My RF bottom Bracket finally needs replacement. I ordered the wheel manuf abec 3 BB due to the extra spacers and seals. I am on a 17 AL1 Jeffsy 29er. For those of you that have replaced your BB, what spacers are you using to ensure proper chain line. Thanks in advance.
I have no spacers at all with my Hope BB.
I just received e13 BB, came with spacers, but not installing any spacers. I will use the tube though. Keeps the water away from the inside of the bearings.

Hope lasted a year, 2k miles. and it's still not bad. I'm just chasing some creaking in that area

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:
RiderofNEPA wrote:
My RF bottom Bracket finally needs replacement. I ordered the wheel manuf abec 3 BB due to the extra spacers and seals. I am on a 17 AL1 Jeffsy 29er. For those of you that have replaced your BB, what spacers are you using to ensure proper chain line. Thanks in advance.
I have no spacers at all with my Hope BB.
I just received e13 BB, came with spacers, but not installing any spacers. I will use the tube though. Keeps the water away from the inside of the bearings.

Hope lasted a year, 2k miles. and it's still not bad. I'm just chasing some creaking in that area

Thank You!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
I’m not normally one to upgrade suspension, but I’m hearing nothing but good things about how well the Topaz T3 works on the Jeffsy.

My question, is any extra hardware needed to fit a Topaz, or are you able to reuse what’s on the Monarch? I have a Mk.1 Jeffsy CF One with the Monarch RT3.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 6:35 Quote
TonyHellier wrote:
I’m not normally one to upgrade suspension, but I’m hearing nothing but good things about how well the Topaz T3 works on the Jeffsy.

My question, is any extra hardware needed to fit a Topaz, or are you able to reuse what’s on the Monarch? I have a Mk.1 Jeffsy CF One with the Monarch RT3.

Cheers

There is something you'd need to order. https://dvosuspension.com/product/rear-shock-mounting-hardware/
Diameter 10mm, length 40mm...

Now, I know I ordered it, but I can't remember why stock did not work.... I just swapped Topaz back to Monarch(Topaz went for service), and I know I have used that specific hardware with Topaz...

Wait, I know. Monarch has different bushings than Topaz. So Topaz Eylet is wider than Monach. Topaz bushing works fine on top, where Topaz attaches to the frame.
You could also swap bushings from Monarch to Topaz and than use stock hardware.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
Need IGUS bushings for DVO shock, not the metal bushings like on the Monarch. I ordered a cheap Fox Igus bushing set off Worldwide Cyclery, it was like $5

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
chacou wrote:
Need IGUS bushings for DVO shock, not the metal bushings like on the Monarch. I ordered a cheap Fox Igus bushing set off Worldwide Cyclery, it was like $5
You don't need them per say. DVO guys told me it's ok to use Monarch bushing. I ordered correct mounting hardware from DVO website instead and kept the IGUS though

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 2:51 Quote
Please can someone confirm what brake adapter is needed to put a 200mm rotor on the back?

I assume it’ll be a +20mm PM to PM ie front 180 to 200?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
RicB909 wrote:
Please can someone confirm what brake adapter is needed to put a 200mm rotor on the back?

I assume it’ll be a +20mm PM to PM ie front 180 to 200?
I would say so too

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
If this is for a 2019 the answer is yes. I just did it the other day and moved from 180 to 200. Like the other user said you’ll need a 20 mm post mount adapter. I believe, based on pics, that prior years are the same as well. As long as the frame will accept the larger rotor, a PM is a PM.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
If this is for a 2019 the answer is yes. I just did it the other day and moved from 180 to 200. Like the other user said you’ll need a 20 mm post mount adapter. I believe, based on pics, that prior years are the same as well. As long as the frame will accept the larger rotor, a PM is a PM.

And how does it feel compared to 180? Is the difference noticeable?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
For me, yes as I’m a bit heavy. I went new rotors + sintered metallic rear and the new g2 power organic in front. Def an improvement for the guide brakes. I could probably benefit from the g2 or maybe codes, but this is good so far.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
Has anyone here switched from the mk1 29 to the mk2?

I’ve got a 2016 mk1 which I love, but it’s now more of an occasional trail bike, largely being used for sessioning jumps, bike parks, uplifts etc.. So I was thinking of switching to something like a Capra. However, the Jeffsy Pro Race looks like it will do all of the above and still be a fairly nimble local trail bike when required. Decisions....

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 4:47 Quote
Jamsxr wrote:
Has anyone here switched from the mk1 29 to the mk2?

I’ve got a 2016 mk1 which I love, but it’s now more of an occasional trail bike, largely being used for sessioning jumps, bike parks, uplifts etc.. So I was thinking of switching to something like a Capra. However, the Jeffsy Pro Race looks like it will do all of the above and still be a fairly nimble local trail bike when required. Decisions....

I made the switch and the new one is great, not as trail happy as the mk1 but closer to the Capra than before, my only gripe is that the h/a is a bit steep for the type of stuff I ride so I have just bought a Works Components angle set to slacken it by 1.5 degrees. Hopefully I will get a chance to fit it this weekend and I can report back on fit and feel.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Jamsxr wrote:
Has anyone here switched from the mk1 29 to the mk2?

I’ve got a 2016 mk1 which I love, but it’s now more of an occasional trail bike, largely being used for sessioning jumps, bike parks, uplifts etc.. So I was thinking of switching to something like a Capra. However, the Jeffsy Pro Race looks like it will do all of the above and still be a fairly nimble local trail bike when required. Decisions....

I made the switch and the new one is great, not as trail happy as the mk1 but closer to the Capra than before, my only gripe is that the h/a is a bit steep for the type of stuff I ride so I have just bought a Works Components angle set to slacken it by 1.5 degrees. Hopefully I will get a chance to fit it this weekend and I can report back on fit and feel.

I’m curious to see if the headset works! Having a really hard time finding a headset that’s works for the carbon jeffsy (and my tues) that isn’t Acros. The bearings are taller than most and I’ve had no luck trying to fit a couple a couple different headsets and even though they’re the correct headsets the bearings where not tall enough. I believe the aluminum bikes use a zero stack headset that can be replaced with a cane creek headset... but for the carbon integrated headsets it seems that Acros is here to stay. I’ve even emailed YT searching for a solution and all they can tell me is that the Acros headsets are the only ones they know of that’ll fit they’re carbon frames.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013740
Mobile Version of Website