Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
kwietrick wrote:
ibis09 wrote:
@kwietrick are you running fox 36? what is the travel and rake?

Yes. 36@150mm. 51mm offset.

Is there a significant difference in riding with a 51 offset? Cuz I'm still running the oem 34 with 46 offset and really planning on shifting to 36 as well. Just wondering why did you went for the spring at the back and not go with the air spring like the fox x2?

With the fork I noticed improved ride feel and tracking but not so much change in handling characteristics. I put a coil on because in my opinion the linkage is too progressive for an air shock to be a good match. That and coils make more traction on rough natural terrain which is what I prefer to ride.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
s-g wrote:
Ordered a CF Pro last week and plan on going tubeless for the first time. I'm sure I've read somewhere in here that the wheels come tubeless ready. Is there anything else I need besides sealant and Youtube to get going?

That's all you need. I did mine without any issues at all.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
kwietrick wrote:
ibis09 wrote:
kwietrick wrote:

Yes. 36@150mm. 51mm offset.

Is there a significant difference in riding with a 51 offset? Cuz I'm still running the oem 34 with 46 offset and really planning on shifting to 36 as well. Just wondering why did you went for the spring at the back and not go with the air spring like the fox x2?

With the fork I noticed improved ride feel and tracking but not so much change in handling characteristics. I put a coil on because in my opinion the linkage is too progressive for an air shock to be a good match. That and coils make more traction on rough natural terrain which is what I prefer to ride.

I was thinking of going coil as well because I noticed too much chatters specially on high speed, but some buddies of mine said that I should just go for the x2 because of weight difference. Anyway, thanks for the inputs.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
kwietrick wrote:
ibis09 wrote:

I was thinking of going coil as well because I noticed too much chatters specially on high speed, but some buddies of mine said that I should just go for the x2 because of weight difference. Anyway, thanks for the inputs.

I considered the X2, but Steve at Vorsprung thought a coil would make the bike work better based on how progressive the linkage is.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
'18 ALC size Large, DVO Jade w/ LS Spring, RF Atlas pedals, otherwise pretty much stock...coming in at 33.62lbs. Love the Jeffsy with coil, really only adjust the LSC/rebound to climb long/steep fire roads, the traction on technical stuff is great.
2018 YT Jeffsy AL Comp size L w DT Swiss M1900 tubeless Minions DVO Jade w 500lbs LS spring 150mm RS Pike Guides E13 TRS cassette RF Turbine cranks RF Atlas pedals XTR 11s chain SLX drivetrain Guide brakes...coming in at 33.62lbs

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
kwietrick wrote:

I considered the X2, but Steve at Vorsprung thought a coil would make the bike work better based on how progressive the linkage is.

Push just let me know that the ElevenSix now supports the new Jeffsy. I'm sending my existing ElevenSix back to be retrofitted and will post an update once I get it.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
asmtb wrote:
YT JEFFSY RWC NEEDLE BEARING KIT 40 X 10 SPAN

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/10mm-thru-bolts/NBK-YTJ-40X10.html

I helped test this. So they told me the Jeffsy doesnt have any motion at the shock bolt, then i showed them my pivot shock bolt.

Also i found it to get too tight at torq specs with stock setup. The RWC Needle bearing moves so freely.

Just following up on this because I run a FOX DHX2 and my bike developed a "knock". Basically at 10-30% of the stroke the shock would send a vibration through the whole frame - awful feeling over small bumps especially - feels like the shock is blown. I figured it was a DU bush but as quoted here the setup is really tight in the bushes I use. So tight that the metal tube that goes into the bush wouldnt come out without a vice. I changed to the RWC Needle bearing and knock is gone - all is well.

+1 for the Needle bearing, also - the feel is sooo good in the initial stroke now. There is literally no breakaway force.

Jeff

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
FratJeff wrote:
asmtb wrote:

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/rear-suspension/shock-eyelet-bearing-kits/10mm-thru-bolts/NBK-YTJ-40X10.html

I helped test this. So they told me the Jeffsy doesnt have any motion at the shock bolt, then i showed them my pivot shock bolt.

Also i found it to get too tight at torq specs with stock setup. The RWC Needle bearing moves so freely.

Just following up on this because I run a FOX DHX2 and my bike developed a "knock". Basically at 10-30% of the stroke the shock would send a vibration through the whole frame - awful feeling over small bumps especially - feels like the shock is blown. I figured it was a DU bush but as quoted here the setup is really tight in the bushes I use. So tight that the metal tube that goes into the bush wouldnt come out without a vice. I changed to the RWC Needle bearing and knock is gone - all is well.

+1 for the Needle bearing, also - the feel is sooo good in the initial stroke now. There is literally no breakaway force.

Jeff

Had the same problem with my jeffsy and I couldn’t figure out what was causing the knocking but I suspected it was coming from the shock. The shock sex bolts looked the same, or even more worn than those ones. Went away when I changed my shock from the dps to a cc dB coil. Although the bushings weren’t the same for the cc.

Just wondering, does that needle bearings/bushing for the jeffsy work for cane creek shocks or just for fox?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
FratJeff wrote:
asmtb wrote:

Jeff

Had the same problem with my jeffsy and I couldn’t figure out what was causing the knocking but I suspected it was coming from the shock. The shock sex bolts looked the same, or even more worn than those ones. Went away when I changed my shock from the dps to a cc dB coil. Although the bushings weren’t the same for the cc.

Just wondering, does that needle bearings/bushing for the jeffsy work for cane creek shocks or just for fox?

Thanks!

Dont quote me here but I believe bushing size is pretty much universal between those companies. Therefore the bolt should work! Separately, I actually just realized the bearing helped but didnt full remove the "knock". Just found a seized bearing on the non drive side of the pivot axle at the bottom of the bike and I suspect that it is to blame. Will report back once replaced

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
Alanlownsberry wrote:
ALRIGHT JEFFSY 29 OWNERS.

I'm looking for a Large Al or CF 29er.
Who's selling?

I would prefer a 2018 model

Hey, did you ever find one to buy? I’m going to be selling my 2018 CF pro race.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Sneads wrote:
Alanlownsberry wrote:
ALRIGHT JEFFSY 29 OWNERS.

I'm looking for a Large Al or CF 29er.
Who's selling?

I would prefer a 2018 model

Hey, did you ever find one to buy? I’m going to be selling my 2018 CF pro race.
I’m going to be selling mine in a couple weeks!

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
TonyHellier wrote:
scoobiemario wrote:
chacou wrote:
Need IGUS bushings for DVO shock, not the metal bushings like on the Monarch. I ordered a cheap Fox Igus bushing set off Worldwide Cyclery, it was like $5
You don't need them per say. DVO guys told me it's ok to use Monarch bushing. I ordered correct mounting hardware from DVO website instead and kept the IGUS though

Cheers thanks, I see this post from zsandstrom which is linked via the FAQ forum on the subject too. I've ordered a Topaz and it's headed my way from Chain Reaction now, I will see what I have when it arrives…

zsandstrom wrote:
Depends on where you order, but they are generally included. However, I was able to use the bushings from my Monarch and they work just fine. I'm saving the shiny ones that came with the shock for a future rebuild.

Also, the Topaz is the shit. I love that shock. If they made it in 250x70, I'd buy one for my Capra.

I used this suggestion from DVO, ”one option is to remove the IGUS bushings from our shock, press in DU bushings into the eyelets and this will allow you to reuse your current hardware”, this worked a treat, once you sorted the technique to remove the DU bushings.

Only had one ride so far on some fairly damp muddy local tracks, but the difference is night and day from the Monarch, the small bump sensitivity is light years better. The gain going from the stock Pike air spring to the Debonair, was one thing, but this is taking it to a whole new level again level.

I’m only wishing now I had done it a year ago… off to Rotorua this weekend to give it a real test!!

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:02 Quote

Just built my new Jeffsy 29 CF Pro and took it for a quick lap. Man, this thing rips. I thought I spent a fair bit of time bedding in the brakes, but they feel pretty spongy. Or maybe it's just that I'm not used to the amount of throw in the levers before they engage because once they bite, they bite pretty hard. Is this typical for Guides or should I go ahead and bleed them?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
s-g wrote:

Just built my new Jeffsy 29 CF Pro and took it for a quick lap. Man, this thing rips. I thought I spent a fair bit of time bedding in the brakes, but they feel pretty spongy. Or maybe it's just that I'm not used to the amount of throw in the levers before they engage because once they bite, they bite pretty hard. Is this typical for Guides or should I go ahead and bleed them?

Sounds like a Guide to me. The power is there, most just don’t like the throw like you mentioned.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
That's the modulation Guides are known for Wink I've actually gotten used to it and like the longer transition.
s-g wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011020
Mobile Version of Website