Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 2:40 Quote
Anyone experienced a mullet set up? Debating buying a 29er CF comp and running a 2.6 650b in the rear and keeping it in the high setting. Might still have a slightly lower BB overall but im fine with that. I also have a 650b and 29er capra so I am used to the super low BB on the 650b. Cheers

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 2:55 Quote
Dang those YT offers! The mrs. has been complaining that the old Norco Range she has been riding now isn't that nice anymore and some 29" bike would be better. So had to pull a trigger on the Jeffsy CF Pro 29".

Now I have some trouble deciding that shall I keep riding my well running mk1 jeffsy with all the bells & whistles I've added(Topaz, Di2, Luftkappe, etc.), or hop on the new Jeff and leave the old one for mrs. Big Grin

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:
Dang those YT offers! The mrs. has been complaining that the old Norco Range she has been riding now isn't that nice anymore and some 29" bike would be better. So had to pull a trigger on the Jeffsy CF Pro 29".

Now I have some trouble deciding that shall I keep riding my well running mk1 jeffsy with all the bells & whistles I've added(Topaz, Di2, Luftkappe, etc.), or hop on the new Jeff and leave the old one for mrs. Big Grin

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 27.5 CF pro but can't decide on L or XL. I'm 6ft and wingspan slightly longer than height, 34" inseam. I've been going around in circles for days and still can't decide! Wish I could try both first. Offer won't be in for much longer so I might just flip a coin at this point and press buy otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
Vertti83 wrote:

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 27.5 CF pro but can't decide on L or XL. I'm 6ft and wingspan slightly longer than height, 34" inseam. I've been going around in circles for days and still can't decide! Wish I could try both first. Offer won't be in for much longer so I might just flip a coin at this point and press buy otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

I have a similar build to you and went with the XL 29" CF Pro. I'm glad I went with the XL - it doesn't feel too big at all.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
goosefacer wrote:
Davec85 wrote:
Vertti83 wrote:

I have a similar build to you and went with the XL 29" CF Pro. I'm glad I went with the XL - it doesn't feel too big at all.

Thanks for the input, this helps me with my dilemma!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:

Hmmmm....99.98% of your brethren including me wish we were in your situation!!! MK1 is now the Mrs. and CF Pro is Your new Steed!!!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Anyone experienced a mullet set up? Debating buying a 29er CF comp and running a 2.6 650b in the rear and keeping it in the high setting. Might still have a slightly lower BB overall but im fine with that. I also have a 650b and 29er capra so I am used to the super low BB on the 650b. Cheers

You might consider buying the 650b and putting a 29er fork up front in order to not drastically lower the bb, which is what I believe putting a smaller wheel on the 29 would do. However, I don't have any personal experience, just too much time reading articles and forums.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 0:47 Quote
¿Can we use this in our first generation carbon Jeffsys as a "fake" angleset?

https://www.reverse-components.com/en/products/05%C2%B0-angle-spacer-tapered-forks

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
Hi, hope you can help me out.

Just received my Jeffsy CF Comp and noticed immediately that there is a big difference in wheel clearance at the chainstay. The difference between drive and non-drive is 8mm. The wheel is straight and dishing is okay. Is this normal for Jeffsy frames?

Thanks a lot!

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
ovanbeusekom wrote:

Just received my Jeffsy CF Comp and noticed immediately that there is a big difference in wheel clearance at the chainstay. The difference between drive and non-drive is 8mm. The wheel is straight and dishing is okay. Is this normal for Jeffsy frames?

Thanks a lot!

Mine was perfectly centered in the rear triangle.
May want to check axle placement ( not that it’d be easy to screw that up ) check frame to rim in identical spots on either chainstay and compare, not the tire. If it’s jacked, contact YT and maybe e*thirteen. Both have great customer svc in my experience.
Good luck mate.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
ovanbeusekom wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Make sure you tire is seated correctly on the rim also. 8mm seems like a lot.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
Thanks, I did measure rim to chainstay at identical spots, though the clearance differences are very obvious by eye. Strangely, the wheel is perfectly alligned between the seatstays. I will contact YT.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 1:38 Quote
Altavoz wrote:

https://www.reverse-components.com/en/products/05%C2%B0-angle-spacer-tapered-forks

Don't see any reason you can't, good find. It will add a bit of stack so you would need to have plenty of steerer tube spare just now, suppose you could just remove headset spacers to compensate.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 2:12 Quote
alanme wrote:
Altavoz wrote:

Don't see any reason you can't, good find. It will add a bit of stack so you would need to have plenty of steerer tube spare just now, suppose you could just remove headset spacers to compensate.

That was my thought. Anyone have tried it?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
Altavoz wrote:
alanme wrote:
Altavoz wrote:

That was my thought. Anyone have tried it?

Super tempting to slacken the HTA a bit more but at the cost of slackening the already too slack STA Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009750
Mobile Version of Website