Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
Or does it decrease STA? I thought all it did was add height to the fork to slacken the HTA that way but I see they also have a spacer that does the opposite and increases the HTA +0.5° so it must be angled. That being said it might just affect the HTA, wheelbase and maybe BB height. Think I’m going to give it a tester to see how it works.

Edit: thinking about it more it would seem like it might actually steepen the STA but at the same token it’s adding 10mm to the front of the bike which might just cancel that out or do the opposite. Will also be hard to fit on a jeffsy considering that the steerer tube comes cut pretty much as low as it can be.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Or does it decrease STA? I thought all it did was add height to the fork to slacken the HTA that way but I see they also have a spacer that does the opposite and increases the HTA +0.5° so it must be angled. That being said it might just affect the HTA, wheelbase and maybe BB height. Think I’m going to give it a tester to see how it works.

Edit: thinking about it more it would seem like it might actually steepen the STA but at the same token it’s adding 10mm to the front of the bike which might just cancel that out or do the opposite. Will also be hard to fit on a jeffsy considering that the steerer tube comes cut pretty much as low as it can be.

It possibly just increase's the stack by 10mm which would slack the bike out by about 0.5, just as well going to a new airspring to acheive the same, it will slacken the seat tube.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
alanme wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

It possibly just increase's the stack by 10mm which would slack the bike out by about 0.5, just as well going to a new airspring to acheive the same, it will slacken the seat tube.

Yes, I think you are right. I didn't go for the 160 airshaft, and I chose the 150 one because YT told me it would change the geo too much. This would have the same effect but without the benefit of the increased travel.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
Altavoz wrote:
alanme wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

Yes, I think you are right. I didn't go for the 160 airshaft, and I chose the 150 one because YT told me it would change the geo too much. This would have the same effect but without the benefit of the increased travel.

Yeah that’s right. I was just confused because I found another model that says “Angle-Spacer +0.5°” rather than the “-0.5°” in the other link but I think it must be an old model and they’ve updated it because thats confusing as heck.

https://www.bike24.com/p2332941.html

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Altavoz wrote:
alanme wrote:

Yeah that’s right. I was just confused because I found another model that says “Angle-Spacer +0.5°” rather than the “-0.5°” in the other link but I think it must be an old model and they’ve updated it because thats confusing as heck.

https://www.bike24.com/p2332941.html

Didn't notice the +0.5 maybe need to contact the manafacturer and get an explanation as to how it works.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:35 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
ovanbeusekom wrote:
Hi, hope you can help me out.

Just received my Jeffsy CF Comp and noticed immediately that there is a big difference in wheel clearance at the chainstay. The difference between drive and non-drive is 8mm. The wheel is straight and dishing is okay. Is this normal for Jeffsy frames?

Thanks a lot!

Mine was perfectly centered in the rear triangle.
May want to check axle placement ( not that it’d be easy to screw that up ) check frame to rim in identical spots on either chainstay and compare, not the tire. If it’s jacked, contact YT and maybe e*thirteen. Both have great customer svc in my experience.
Good luck mate.

Do you have a CF Comp 2019? YT answered and said the difference between drive and non drive is by design. I am a bit sceptic because their advise is to tension the spokes on the non drive side to create extra space.....

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
I have the Pro Race

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
I have the Pro Race
Pro Race is with the carbon triangle. Maybe it has something to do with the combination of the carbon en alluminium rear. Confused

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
ovanbeusekom wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
I have the Pro Race
Pro Race is with the carbon triangle. Maybe it has something to do with the combination of the carbon en alluminium rear. Confused

I just got my wife a 2019 CF Comp, I'll check when I get home, but I'm fairly certain the wheel is centered. I probably would have noticed 8mm when building it up, but haven't checked the spacing specifically.

One thing I've noticed is that the chain will drop when backpedaling on the largest 46t cog. It looks like the chainline isn't great and the chainring is too far out. Anyone else had this issue? I know it's pretty common on some 1x11 and 1x12 systems and have never owned the E13 11 spd cassette before.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
tgent wrote:
ovanbeusekom wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
I have the Pro Race

I just got my wife a 2019 CF Comp, I'll check when I get home, but I'm fairly certain the wheel is centered. I probably would have noticed 8mm when building it up, but haven't checked the spacing specifically.

One thing I've noticed is that the chain will drop when backpedaling on the largest 46t cog. It looks like the chainline isn't great and the chainring is too far out. Anyone else had this issue? I know it's pretty common on some 1x11 and 1x12 systems and have never owned the E13 11 spd cassette before.

I did not notice the chaindrop when backpedaling. Really curious how your wheel is centered.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
ovanbeusekom wrote:
tgent wrote:
ovanbeusekom wrote:

I did not notice the chaindrop when backpedaling. Really curious how your wheel is centered.

I experienced chain drop on my 2019 Jeffsy 29 CF Pro Race and fixed it by replacing the stock chain with an XTR 12 speed chain. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else solved the problem by swapping cranksets or chainrings to improve the chainline itself.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
ovanbeusekom wrote:
tgent wrote:

I experienced chain drop on my 2019 Jeffsy 29 CF Pro Race and fixed it by replacing the stock chain with an XTR 12 speed chain. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else solved the problem by swapping cranksets or chainrings to improve the chainline itself.

Mine used to drop the chain while backpedaling also, before I swapped drivetrains. I fixed it with a 12 speed chain, no issues after that.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
My new CF Pro Race has had the cassette, mech and shifter stripped off with barely a rotation on them. I have a nice X01 eagle cassette, GX shifter and mech on its way to me.

I needed the extra low range tbh, the gearing at 32/46 was the same as on my previous 27.5 bike but with the 29 wheels it was just too high, the 32/50 will end up being slightly lower gearing than my old bike.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
Marcencinitas wrote:
ovanbeusekom wrote:

Mine used to drop the chain while backpedaling also, before I swapped drivetrains. I fixed it with a 12 speed chain, no issues after that.

I assume you upgraded the whole thing to 12 speed and that you aren't running a 12 spd chain on the 11spd cassette? On my bike I have X01 Eagle and don't have any issues with backpedaling (though I've read some have), but that's a big upgrade over the E13/XT 11 Spd... If it gets annoying I have an 11 spd GX cassette laying around and I could throw that on, but would also have to downsize the chainring.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
tgent wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
Marcencinitas wrote:

I assume you upgraded the whole thing to 12 speed and that you aren't running a 12 spd chain on the 11spd cassette? On my bike I have X01 Eagle and don't have any issues with backpedaling (though I've read some have), but that's a big upgrade over the E13/XT 11 Spd... If it gets annoying I have an 11 spd GX cassette laying around and I could throw that on, but would also have to downsize the chainring.

He probably means 12sp chain on 11sp cassette. I've read a few different places that helps fix the chain dropping while backpedalling w/ the e13 cassette. I'm gonna try it and see if it makes a difference for me. I'm not a big fan of the e13 cassette. It's meh. I'll live with it for a while and probably eventually switch to eagle or xt 12 speed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008005
Mobile Version of Website