Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 11:54 Quote
Post your small wheels stuff here.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
Looking to upgrade either my fork or shock on my '18 base model Jeffsy. I've found some decent deals on the Buy/Sell page for some fox 34 elite forks as well as fox elite shock, and rockshox super deluxe. Any recommendations? Also, would the MRP ramp control be a decent (cheaper) way to upgrade the fork?

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 12:01 Quote
From what I've read here, if I were to upgrade, I'd do the shock first. Seems to be the best ride improvement from those who have ditched the stock shock.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 12:40 Quote
I found a 2017 Fox Float X (Kashima) for $250, guy used it as his backup on a Commencal Meta. Good deal?

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Looking to upgrade either my fork or shock on my '18 base model Jeffsy. I've found some decent deals on the Buy/Sell page for some fox 34 elite forks as well as fox elite shock, and rockshox super deluxe. Any recommendations? Also, would the MRP ramp control be a decent (cheaper) way to upgrade the fork?
Best thing to do is check local facebook pages/offerup/craigslist/pinkbike. You can usually find some stuff that is almost brand new for half the price.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 5:51 Quote
Is anyone on here the CF Pro Race? I demo'd a CF One back in April and I fell in love. My intention was to go with the CF Pro but after seeing how much more value you are getting by spending an extra $1,000 I'm leaning towards the CF Pro Race. How is the 160mm travel? How are the ethirteen carbon wheels? Those two are the main reasons I would consider it.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Lets start this thread out right!

2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 8:05 Quote
Stoked for this thread

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
Unfair, Gorge. We don't all have Mt. Hood in our back yard.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
I am a bit stumped on a mechanical issue with my rear derailleur performance. The bike is a 2018 AL Comp so it has an SLX derailleur and a e*13 cassette. The chain is nearly brand new as I just replaced it. I upgraded the shifter to an XT model a while back. I noticed that recently my shift quality was deteriorating a bit and certain gears were a bit noisy (middle of the cassette) and going from 11th to 10th (small/hard gears) and vice versa is not reliable. Some times the bike shifts. Sometimes it doesn't. It goes up and down the rest of the cassette smooth as silk. Even a thorough cleaning and lube job didn't take care of it. At first I thought the hanger was bent. I replaced it with a spare I had. No change. So I replaced the inner and outer shift cable. Curse the bastard who invented inner cable routing. Even with careful planning I had to remove the fork to get the new outer cable through the guides in the head tube. Anyway. this did not fix anything, either. I am thinking the derailleur itself must be damaged.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any insight.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
I am a bit stumped on a mechanical issue with my rear derailleur performance. The bike is a 2018 AL Comp so it has an SLX derailleur and a e*13 cassette. The chain is nearly brand new as I just replaced it. I upgraded the shifter to an XT model a while back. I noticed that recently my shift quality was deteriorating a bit and certain gears were a bit noisy (middle of the cassette) and going from 11th to 10th (small/hard gears) and vice versa is not reliable. Some times the bike shifts. Sometimes it doesn't. It goes up and down the rest of the cassette smooth as silk. Even a thorough cleaning and lube job didn't take care of it. At first I thought the hanger was bent. I replaced it with a spare I had. No change. So I replaced the inner and outer shift cable. Curse the bastard who invented inner cable routing. Even with careful planning I had to remove the fork to get the new outer cable through the guides in the head tube. Anyway. this did not fix anything, either. I am thinking the derailleur itself must be damaged.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any insight.

Has it just recently started doing this or was it noticeable as soon as you upgraded the derailleur? It could be the B limit screw has moved a bit and it's affecting the gears at the top and bottom of the cassette. These same symptoms happened to me but I adjusted the B limit screw and it solved it.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 11:05 Quote
^ This. Check your roller clearance while you are at it. Derailleurs can get funky when things are slightly out of whack.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
Added a pair of upgrades to Jeffsy today.

Chromag BZA 35mm Carbon handlebar
Chromag BZA 35mm length Stem.

I like the handling characteristics so far! Looks pretty awesome on the blacked out 17 Jeffsy CF1

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 16:50 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Added a pair of upgrades to Jeffsy today.

Chromag BZA 35mm Carbon handlebar
Chromag BZA 35mm length Stem.

I like the handling characteristics so far! Looks pretty awesome on the blacked out 17 Jeffsy CF1

I am thinking about going to a 35mm stem (from 50). I feel my arms may be a bit too locked out and I have to reach a bit farther then I would like. Should I switch?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
photo

Got a Jeffsy 27 CF about a month ago and I am really impressed with this bike. I did do a few upgrades that I think really improved the performance. The change was to ditch the e13 tires for some maxxis minions, this made a huge improvement in rolling resistance, cornering and handling. I also a swapping the e13 cassette for a sunrace 11-46. The e13 has performed well, but I like the ratios on the Sunrace much better for steep climbs and it does not creek like the e13. Great bike and went for the cf 27 because I really love the Pike fork and rockshox suspension. Really have dialed in now and it descends faster than my Enduro bike that has 160 travel on it. What really shocked me is how good this things climbs on fire roads and steep technical sections. Really like the steep seat angle. Took a few rides to get used to the e13 dropper post but now I really prefer it over others I have used.

Curios what other changes people have made to their Jeffsy ?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013088
Mobile Version of Website