Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
gramboh wrote:
viciousseed wrote:
Sounds like the mech might be on incorrectly

Dumb question but how do you mean? The way I understand it is there is a stop (little ridge/nub) on the mech and one on the hanger and these should be touching and that is how you orient the mech into the hanger. The mech attachment bolt (to hanger) should be horizontally parallel to the mech cable stop with the mech fixing bolt (the one on the actual mech) being lower than the attachment bolt.

I never had issues with the old Jeffsy and XT8000... not sure what I am messing up here but I am sure it's me.

I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with your mech. If it’s shifting roughly perhaps the derailleur clutch is too tight.

Fiddled with it a bunch tonight in the bike stand with clutch on and off. Something is weird, limits are correct, B-tension as well and I have cable tension in the ballpark, shifting is still a bit rough and sometimes the chain will get pulled off the upper jockey in hard multiple downshifts (to the easiest 3 rings). Need to take the cassette off and make sure the two pieces are tight tomorrow, suspect that might be it... but I do suck at adjusting drivetrains so who knows.

It also takes a lot more pressure at the shifter to down shift than I would expect with XTR. Like I have to press much harder than I did on my old Jeffsy with XT8000 shifter/SunRace cassette.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
Hannofifan wrote:
AndreaYT11 wrote:
Hannofifan wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Marzocchi Bomber 2019 cr coil shock for my 2018 Jeffsy.

Has anyone tried that shock and in that case, how do you like it?

Here I’m, the marzocchi works good for me, I have never bottomed out at the moment even if there’s not high speed compression for the big hits.
I have a lot of traction and the rear end is planted to the ground.
I don’t do massive jumps or Dh tracks but I reckon it will work good as well.

Awesome. Are you running the 230x60 or 230x65 one? Will the geo change anything if I install a 230x65 shock instead of a 230x60?

I went for 230x65.
Geometry don’t change, you just gain more shock travel.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
I've found a Raceface turbine R wheelset for a fair price to upgrade my M1900s. What is your opinion on it?
Also, how do I mount my XD cassette on a shimano hub? Would it be easier to just get a shimano cassette instead?

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 1:23 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
I've found a Raceface turbine R wheelset for a fair price to upgrade my M1900s. What is your opinion on it?
Also, how do I mount my XD cassette on a shimano hub? Would it be easier to just get a shimano cassette instead?

You will not have the choice.... XD cassette can not be mounted on shimano body.
And vice versa.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 2:19 Quote
TibZ wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:

You will not have the choice.... XD cassette can not be mounted on shimano body.
And vice versa.

I've found an adapter, but it costs more than a new cassette. I'm considering getting a Sunrace 11-50 to go with it but it's heavy

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 2:38 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
TibZ wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:

And vice versa.

I've found an adapter, but it costs more than a new cassette. I'm considering getting a Sunrace 11-50 to go with it but it's heavy

There are lighter options if you do not need that much range.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
TibZ wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
TibZ wrote:

And vice versa.

There are lighter options if you do not need that much range.

Like what? I'm open to suggestions. I didn't know the eThirteen cassette was so light! Even looking at expensive XT ones, they're heavier

Edit: also, the shimano 11-46 cassette has a much bigger step to the last cog 37-46 vs 40-46 for sunrace

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
If you go with new E13 cassette I would purchase new style they just released espec one only one aluminum cog and set screw for locking to pieces together looks to be a much better cassette than previous versions.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/e-thirteen-by-the-hive-trs-plus-cassette-11-speed-9-46t-black-for-xd-driver-body

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:33 Quote
My Float DPS is at Fox for a rebuild (likely some internal seal failed) and I want to make use of this service as much as possible. They will leave out the spacer limiting the shock's travel to 60mm, so travel increased for free without any drawbacks. Now the question is (this will be about 10€) if I it should be shimmed to a light tune since I'm only about 70kg. Are there any experiences with changes of the tune of the DPS in the Jeffsy 27 (alu one)?

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
Trying to save my E-Thirteen TRS+ wheelset. Planning on upgrading my drivetrain to the new Shimano XT 8100 components which is 12 speed (crank, shifter and rear derailleur). The groupset also came with the 12 speed cassette, however its setup for only microspline driver.

I really like the TRS+ wheelset but unable to convert it to adapt to the Shimano’s micro spline. In the mean time without getting a new wheelset.......can I run a SRAM or the E-Thirteen 12 speed cassette that uses the XD driver that is currently on the rear wheel? Will any 12 speed cassette that is similar to the XT 8100 10-45T or 10-51T work with the TRS+ wheelset and XT shifter/rear derailleur?

BTW this is on the 2019 Comp CF 27.5 Jeffsy. Any inputs or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
My Float DPS is at Fox for a rebuild (likely some internal seal failed) and I want to make use of this service as much as possible. They will leave out the spacer limiting the shock's travel to 60mm, so travel increased for free without any drawbacks. Now the question is (this will be about 10€) if I it should be shimmed to a light tune since I'm only about 70kg. Are there any experiences with changes of the tune of the DPS in the Jeffsy 27 (alu one)?

Light compression tune might help if you feel the shock is harsh in open setting (DPS doesn't have any external LSC does it?). I would get Fox's thoughts though, you are paying them they should spend the 5 minutes to look at the bike's leverage curve and your bodyweight/riding style and advise you.

jaknighten wrote:
Trying to save my E-Thirteen TRS+ wheelset. Planning on upgrading my drivetrain to the new Shimano XT 8100 components which is 12 speed (crank, shifter and rear derailleur). The groupset also came with the 12 speed cassette, however its setup for only microspline driver.

I really like the TRS+ wheelset but unable to convert it to adapt to the Shimano’s micro spline. In the mean time without getting a new wheelset.......can I run a SRAM or the E-Thirteen 12 speed cassette that uses the XD driver that is currently on the rear wheel? Will any 12 speed cassette that is similar to the XT 8100 10-45T or 10-51T work with the TRS+ wheelset and XT shifter/rear derailleur?

BTW this is on the 2019 Comp CF 27.5 Jeffsy. Any inputs or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Yes, XT8100 12spd will work with SRAM cassette, I believe in Pinkbike's review (or maybe Vital) they actually tried mixing the shifter/cassette/mech to prove it would work. As the XT8100 mech works with 10-51, you will have no problem with any of the other options on the market. GX Eagle probably the cheapest option last time I checked.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Yes, XT8100 12spd will work with SRAM cassette, I believe in Pinkbike's review (or maybe Vital) they actually tried mixing the shifter/cassette/mech to prove it would work. As the XT8100 mech works with 10-51, you will have no problem with any of the other options on the market. GX Eagle probably the cheapest option last time I checked.

Thank you for the response! So I would have to consider/look at getting a SRAM cassette that is only 10-51 correct?

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
jaknighten wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Thank you for the response! So I would have to consider/look at getting a SRAM cassette that is only 10-51 correct?

No, you can run any SRAM XD driver compatible 12 speed cassette. The important thing is the number of gears as it determines chain length which is what the mech jockey wheels/cassette/shifter are setup for. Garbunk, e13 etc. make some options but they are expensive. I would either get the XG-1275 (GX Eagle) or the SunRace CS-MZ91 10-50 - cheapest option but really damn heavy.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
gramboh wrote:
jaknighten wrote:
gramboh wrote:

No, you can run any SRAM XD driver compatible 12 speed cassette. The important thing is the number of gears as it determines chain length which is what the mech jockey wheels/cassette/shifter are setup for. Garbunk, e13 etc. make some options but they are expensive. I would either get the XG-1275 (GX Eagle) or the SunRace CS-MZ91 10-50 - cheapest option but really damn heavy.

Thank you!!!

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
jaknighten wrote:
gramboh wrote:
jaknighten wrote:

Thank you!!!

Just a quick note, I don't think any of the Sunrace cassettes are compatible with an XD driver.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011017
Mobile Version of Website