Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
Anybody have any leads on where to find the proper igus bushings for a dpx2 on a 2017 (803-03-120 and 803-03-226)? I got these product numbers directly from fox, who they referred me to check with YT to see if they have them. No body I talk to seems to have them in stock. I have been able to find the rear (226) but can't seem to find the front anywhere, and when I do, it is sold out. Local shops are quoting me a few weeks which seems outrageous. Any tips are appreciated.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 23:11 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:

Just a quick note, I don't think any of the Sunrace cassettes are compatible with an XD driver.

They are producing them now:

http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/csmz91x

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 23:20 Quote
raspberrymuffin wrote:
Anybody have any leads on where to find the proper igus bushings for a dpx2 on a 2017 (803-03-120 and 803-03-226)? I got these product numbers directly from fox, who they referred me to check with YT to see if they have them. No body I talk to seems to have them in stock. I have been able to find the rear (226) but can't seem to find the front anywhere, and when I do, it is sold out. Local shops are quoting me a few weeks which seems outrageous. Any tips are appreciated.

Try contacting igus and see if they can supply you with what you need. I've dealt with them on other projects. They've been very friendly and more than helpful in the past. Even sent various samples for free.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 2:12 Quote
Hi Guy's,

I'm looking for some advice from someone who has upgraded to a DVO Topaz rear shock or someone who is in the know. I have a 2017 Jeffsy 27 AL and the YT website says the mounting hard ware is 20x10mm and 40x10mm however I cant seem to find any mounting hardware in the 20x10mm size. What size did you guys use and where did you get it from (im based in the UK)

cheers

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 2:21 Quote
elementour wrote:
Hi Guy's,

I'm looking for some advice from someone who has upgraded to a DVO Topaz rear shock or someone who is in the know. I have a 2017 Jeffsy 27 AL and the YT website says the mounting hard ware is 20x10mm and 40x10mm however I cant seem to find any mounting hardware in the 20x10mm size. What size did you guys use and where did you get it from (im based in the UK)

cheers

I will quote myself, as it should help you:

TibZ wrote:
Hey guys,

I asked you questions about the Rockshox super deluxe coil recently, was about to give it a shot, but the weight penalty was holding me back. Then I received a special offer from one of my favorite web merchant here in Europe for the Topaz.. 340€ new, warrantied etc. So here we are, the Topaz is installed, ready to shred some trails. I have not properly tried it yet. The first impression is very good, it looks good and well made. I already played with the spacers, first installing 2 spacers in the positive chamber and 1 in the negative. It seemed too progressive to me, I removed 1 in the positive (so 1 +, 1 - now). Hopefully I will be able to test it on the trails this afternoon.

For the installation, I used the Igus bushings that come with the shock and Fox mounting parts:
- front: 10 x 20 mm: ref 803-03-232
- rear: 10 x 40 mm: ref 803-03-240

My starting settings are the following:
- 195 psi in the main chamber
- 1 spacer in each chamber (1+, 1-)
- 178 psi in the bladder
- Rebound: -3 from the fastest

I'm between 170 and 180 lbs depending on the gear I'm wearing / stuff I'm carrying in the backpack.

Any comment, suggestion? What are your settings, Topaz owners?

(The Topaz is the 230x65 mm version, frame is a 2018 CF 27, photos coming soon)

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
elementour wrote:
Hi Guy's,

cheers

An alternative is to re-use the mounting hardware from the stock shock, I did this from my RS Deluxe RT3 to DVO Topaz. You need to be able to press it out/back in of course.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:

Just a quick note, I don't think any of the Sunrace cassettes are compatible with an XD driver.

They are producing them now:

http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/csmz91x

You're right! Thanks for this, I've been looking for a cassette to replace the E13 cassette as it's been giving me issues at the lowest gears.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 1:58 Quote
gramboh wrote:
An alternative is to re-use the mounting hardware from the stock shock, I did this from my RS Deluxe RT3 to DVO Topaz. You need to be able to press it out/back in of course.

OK well now I'm confused as the YT diagram show 20x10mm and 40x10mm but I just had a look at my current hardware and that has 33.5 x 10mm and 57.3 x 10mm printed on the end caps. I assume this is a different measurement?.

I currently have a RockShox Deluxe shock but I don't really know if the hardware is specific to the bike or the shock manufacturer. I know on the DVO site it says not to re-use mounting hardware which is why I was going to buy new.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
The front mounting hardware 10mm X 20mm (803-03-232) is a pain to find. I called Fox direct and they weren’t doing another run till August. I found mine in Germany and almost paid more in shipping than in parts. Took about 2 weeks to get.
I will say the YT parts diagram showed the wrong size for my bike so it’s best to pull the shock and measure hardware. I would always buy new hardware with shocks, it’s easy to install and ensures there is no play.

Best of luck, I checked with the vendor I got mine from and they are sold out.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
RyeThomas wrote:
The front mounting hardware 10mm X 20mm (803-03-232) is a pain to find. I called Fox direct and they weren’t doing another run till August. I found mine in Germany and almost paid more in shipping than in parts. Took about 2 weeks to get.
I will say the YT parts diagram showed the wrong size for my bike so it’s best to pull the shock and measure hardware. I would always buy new hardware with shocks, it’s easy to install and ensures there is no play.

Best of luck, I checked with the vendor I got mine from and they are sold out.

I bought it here:
https://www.foxracingshox.de/5947/kit-mounting-hardware-5-piece-ss-10mm-mounting-width-20mm-ref-214-11-007-10mm-x-20-00

Other option:
https://www.bike24.com/p2331197.html

But I'm living in France, working in Germany, I don't know how long it would take to get it delivered to the US.

Edit: On bike24 it says

«Still 3 in stock

Ships immediately
Delivery time to United States 11-12 days**»

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
elementour wrote:
gramboh wrote:

OK well now I'm confused as the YT diagram show 20x10mm and 40x10mm but I just had a look at my current hardware and that has 33.5 x 10mm and 57.3 x 10mm printed on the end caps. I assume this is a different measurement?.

I currently have a RockShox Deluxe shock but I don't really know if the hardware is specific to the bike or the shock manufacturer. I know on the DVO site it says not to re-use mounting hardware which is why I was going to buy new.

Not to add to the confusion, but fox quoted me different sizes for the same bike (see top of page) and my LBS gave me different front sizing from that as well. I think my current thought is to try and remount with the hardware I have and go from there.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
For those run Fox DPX2 230x60/65mm on their Jeffsy 27.5 - how much do you weigh and what settings are you using? I'm coming from a DVO Topaz T3 on my 2017 Jeffsy and the DPX2 is a bit harsh with my initial settings: Riding weight 215ish lbs, 250psi 30% sag, LSC 5 out, Rebound 5 out, stock 0.2 spacer (according to Fox website, need to physically verify it's in there).

Might try the 0.4 spacer and lower PSI. Was also reading that the rebound valving is tight on these.. I'm used to running rebound pretty closed off but will try opening it up a few clicks to 6 or 7 and see how that feels.

I do still have my Topaz but need to get different mounting hardware if I want to try it on the new bike back to back... would be a fun experiment to run.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
elementour wrote:
Hi Guy's,

cheers

Are you trying to fit a Topaz? Why dont you just call DVO?

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
Does anyone happen to know the leverage ratio for the 2019 Jeffsy? Also thinking of a fox DHX2 for the Jeffsy. Any better coils out there? MRP? Ohlins? Rockshox?
Thanks.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 4:35 Quote
gramboh wrote:
For those run Fox DPX2 230x60/65mm on their Jeffsy 27.5 - how much do you weigh and what settings are you using? I'm coming from a DVO Topaz T3 on my 2017 Jeffsy and the DPX2 is a bit harsh with my initial settings: Riding weight 215ish lbs, 250psi 30% sag, LSC 5 out, Rebound 5 out, stock 0.2 spacer (according to Fox website, need to physically verify it's in there).

Might try the 0.4 spacer and lower PSI. Was also reading that the rebound valving is tight on these.. I'm used to running rebound pretty closed off but will try opening it up a few clicks to 6 or 7 and see how that feels.

I do still have my Topaz but need to get different mounting hardware if I want to try it on the new bike back to back... would be a fun experiment to run.

Rider Weight ~77kg
I'm not that aggressive on the bike

DPX2 settings:
Removed volume spacer
Shock pressure: 175 psi
Shock rebound: 10
1-4 clicks low speed comp (depends on where I'm riding)

I set the shock up once and didn't bother messing with it afterwards. It was such a big step up from my dps that I didn't feel like I need to

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016072
Mobile Version of Website