Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
My 2018 Jeffsy 27 AL recently showed some occasional creaking under load when I'm seated. I only recognized it on asphalt. I already cleaned, checked and regreased the seatpost and it's saddle connection, headset, bottom bracket, stem and the e13 cassette. I even exchanged the saddle to outrule that. Besides pedals (which run smooth and have no play) and bearings of the frame (also smooth and no play; also the creaking is independent of movement/lockout) I have no clue what else I could do our check. Any ideas?

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
Aphex- wrote:
So a couple of questions - I need a new headset, which one should I get that's not too expensive for the model and year of my bike? The headset that's in there at the moment is an ACROS AZX-203 (ZS44:28.6 / ZS56:40).

I would go for a Cane Creek 40. It's a good default.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
My 2018 Jeffsy 27 AL recently showed some occasional creaking under load when I'm seated. I only recognized it on asphalt. I already cleaned, checked and regreased the seatpost and it's saddle connection, headset, bottom bracket, stem and the e13 cassette. I even exchanged the saddle to outrule that. Besides pedals (which run smooth and have no play) and bearings of the frame (also smooth and no play; also the creaking is independent of movement/lockout) I have no clue what else I could do our check. Any ideas?

I Would think it was either E-thirteen cassette or the saddle. Have you checked your chainring, pedals, HW mounts for the shock (would think since you checked framebearings)?

Allways when I get the creak on my Jeffsy its the saddle or cassette that needs some TLC.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 3:29 Quote
It's definitively the e13 TRS+ dropper. The creaking is only in the upmost position, even in the second highest everything is quiet again.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Great news for AL owners! Vorsprung - “We are beginning to work on a Luftkappe for the 34 Rhythm so keep an eye out for that!”

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
Great news for AL owners! Vorsprung - “We are beginning to work on a Luftkappe for the 34 Rhythm so keep an eye out for that!”

That's nice. I have changed out the 34 Rhythm for an 36 Factory. Could never get it set up right + the steerer tube was so short when delivered from YT that the bike was way to low for me in the front.

That combo made either the bike to dive like crazy or harsh as hell.

Now its all perfect, but the price was crazy high.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 4:29 Quote
Agree about the slammed steerer...doubt a slacker puck will even fit in there. I put on 80mm Highside bars to remedy the bar height.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
Was having some problems with my e13 dropper on my 2018 jeffsy.

Just tightening the 10mm wasnt fixing it, so I opened it up and there was significant damage.

Send e13 an email and they responed pretty fast. They are sending me a new one, Im really happy with that.

I heard good stories about their USA customer service , I'm glad they have the same service in the EU.

I read alot of bad stuff about their products, so some good news is also worth sharing.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
Eetje wrote:
Was having some problems with my e13 dropper on my 2018 jeffsy.

Just tightening the 10mm wasnt fixing it, so I opened it up and there was significant damage.

Send e13 an email and they responed pretty fast. They are sending me a new one, Im really happy with that.

I heard good stories about their USA customer service , I'm glad they have the same service in the EU.

I read alot of bad stuff about their products, so some good news is also worth sharing.

I live in Europe (Norway) and have talked with E-Thirteen two times about my cassette. Both times superb service and support. Just sent them videos and pictures of the problem and they solved it quickly.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 3:37 Quote
Looking to upgrade my standard shock to a coil shock. I have a 2017 jeffsy AL seen a good deal on a rockshox vivid r2c but don’t know if it would fit anyone know if it will?

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
A coil shock works great on a Jeffsy.

If you stay with 150mm rear travel, you need a 230x60mm rear shock.

If you want to go up to 160mm travel like the CF Pro Race model, get a 230x65mm shock.

I don't believe the Vivid is available in metric sizes.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
I believe the 17' is a standard size shock. Others have posted about the rockshox specifically in the past, I believe you will need to get the hardware pressed in and otherwise it should be pretty seamless.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 20:06 Quote
viciousseed wrote:
I believe the 17' is a standard size shock. Others have posted about the rockshox specifically in the past, I believe you will need to get the hardware pressed in and otherwise it should be pretty seamless.

All Jeffsy 27’s are metric shock size

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 23:05 Quote
Cheers gents speedy reply

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
And make sure is has the standard, nofancy eyelets on BOTH ends. (unlike eg. nomad, patrol, etc shocks)

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010127
Mobile Version of Website