Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
kwapik wrote:
bendy12345 wrote:
Before I remove my forks to measure them, does anyone happen to know the minimum length of steerer tube require if I want to fit a new set of forks?
Cheers.

It depends on your frame material and size. That being said, a large aluminum Jeffsy with a 110mm head tube had a 170mm steering tube from the factory.

Then you can probably mesure your head tube and add 60 mm. I guess.

And if I were you I would add 1 cm to have more room in adjusting stem position.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
bendy12345 wrote:
Before I remove my forks to measure them, does anyone happen to know the minimum length of steerer tube require if I want to fit a new set of forks?
Cheers.

6 3/4” for the jeffsy 2018 medium. You can measure it on the bike and usually get a pretty accurate measurement.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
My BB finally started crunching randomly. Popped it apart, pull bearing seals and gave some fresh grease to by time till new one arrives. Ordered Hope PF 41 anyone else running this BB ? Have decent luck with it?

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Sorry, it is a 2018 Jeffsy 27 AL Comp.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
TreyCox wrote:
Matthew-B wrote:
how does the bike climb with a coil shock? I've been considering a coi for some time now

I have the 2019 pro race and I have recently put a coil on it and it’s amazing. Some other people are talking about the X2 which sometimes I wish I did instead just for ease of tun-ability. (Had to buy a few springs to find the right one) But overall I like the coil a lot! Way better small bump compliance and the progression of the Jeffsy helps avoid the bottom outs. Also for climbing with the coil, it climbs better with the coil than without in my opinion. (Comparing to a DPS or DPX2) I have a fox DHX2 so I could lock it out if I was going up something super smooth, but I usually leave it open just to generate more traction. The first time I climbed with it I was very impressed and made it up a very rocky technical section first try that I had never been able to make it up with an air shock because I would more or less bounce off the rocks or not have enough traction but the coil seemed to eliminate that. It’s a worthy upgrade in my opinion!

Yeah, I have very little doubt a decent coil shock will outperform the X2 (arguable one of the best if not the best stock air shock out there) for descending as well as small bump compliance on the Jeffsy with its very progressive rear . My biggest concern is long fire road grinds. I always have to do 1-2 hours of fire road climbing to get to the the goods and always use the X2 climb switch for that, as I do quite a bit of out of saddle mashing. On single track techy climbs I usually leave it open. Don't get me wrong, the X2 is a great shock, but turns out I am more the "set and forget" type and have a hard time resisting the temptation of coil based on my experience with coil forks vs air forks.Am considering the Marzocchi Bomber CR. We'll see...first world problems.

Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
Having a hard time finding an X2 in 230x65, anyone know if the shock has a travel limited that can be removed?

Posted: Sep 2, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
One in buy sell 2020 $550 new.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Having a hard time finding an X2 in 230x65, anyone know if the shock has a travel limited that can be removed?

Yes the 230x60 is identical with the 65, but just has a 5mm limiter (and yes, it can be removed).

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Probikesupply

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Yes the 230x60 is identical with the 65, but just has a 5mm limiter (and yes, it can be removed).

Anyone know for the DHX2 coil shock is it the same spacer or is it a different top out bumper for 60 vs 65mm shock stroke and is it as easy to remove? Looking at getting DHX2 to replace the DPX2.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
gramboh wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Anyone know for the DHX2 coil shock is it the same spacer or is it a different top out bumper for 60 vs 65mm shock stroke and is it as easy to remove? Looking at getting DHX2 to replace the DPX2.

I really want to swap to the DHX2 too. Just can’t decide to do that or save up for a new bike haha.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
gramboh wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:

I really want to swap to the DHX2 too. Just can’t decide to do that or save up for a new bike haha.

I just want a regular X2; no coil for me.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a CF pro but am torn between an L and XL. Anyone else have this dilemma and if so, which did you go for and did it work out? I'm exactly 6ft by the way with 34" inseam.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a CF pro but am torn between an L and XL. Anyone else have this dilemma and if so, which did you go for and did it work out? I'm exactly 6ft by the way with 34" inseam.
I would say this depends on you preference; do you like your bikes to feel a bit bigger or smaller? I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam (between a M and L) but prefer my bikes smaller so I went for a medium (zero regrets). There's a lot of people that recommend sizing up but I think that's because most prefer bigger bikes and more room in the cockpit. Hope this helps.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
Ended up ordering a 2020 DHX2 Factory with 525lbs SLS spring over the weekend. Hoping the spring works for me (215-220 geared up), according to my research I will likely be a 500 or 525 for 30ish % sag.

Re: sizing, I'll echo what he said above. I'm 5'10" 31" inseam (shorter legs/longer torso) and I went large, but I prefer bigger feeling bikes for stability in steeps/rough terrain. Totally your preference, at 6' you could enjoy the L or XL.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008445
Mobile Version of Website