Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
Thanks both. I think I'm going to go for the XL, I can throw a 35mm stem on if it feels a bit long but I'll ride it for a few weeks first to see how I get on with it. I have large Capra at the moment (460 reach) and a Large Cotic Hard tail (476 reach) and I do prefer the longer reach of the hardtail.

This Jefsy is to replace my Capra, which is a great bike but just not really suited to my local trails and hence I don't ride it often. I ride the hardtail mostly as I like it's lightness and nimbleness so am hoping the Jeffsy has some of that same DNA. Getting on the Capra after riding the Hardtail for weeks makes me realise how much of a tank it is, it's a bit of a slog unless it's pointed downhill.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Soon the bike season in Norway is over and i'm planing fork maintance and changing out frame bearings, BB and headset.

I've had no creaking from either of them and they seem "Ok" as far as i see/feel.

I'm wondering what you guys are experiencing.

Used the bike since May 2018 and been biking in Norwegian forrest and a little bikeparks.
Only creaking I've had was with the cassette and e-thirteen dropperpost.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
Whitesp0t wrote:
Soon the bike season in Norway is over and i'm planing fork maintance and changing out frame bearings, BB and headset.

I've had no creaking from either of them and they seem "Ok" as far as i see/feel.

I'm wondering what you guys are experiencing.

Used the bike since May 2018 and been biking in Norwegian forrest and a little bikeparks.
Only creaking I've had was with the cassette and e-thirteen dropperpost.

Same for me, too. I also have my Jeffsy 27 AL since May '18. Until I recognized that the dropper is creaking I opened the headset and bottom bracket and checked and relubed everything. Everything was fine. I also serviced my shock recently and therefore could simply check the smoothness of the rear suspension mechanics. I would suggest you to do the same. If everything seems smooth and fine, why bother? Of course it could certainly be a tiny bit better with new bearings and nicer bushings etc but in the end I'm happy if the new bearings can wait a season more and maintenance already takes enough time.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
Same for me, too. I also have my Jeffsy 27 AL since May '18. Until I recognized that the dropper is creaking I opened the headset and bottom bracket and checked and relubed everything. Everything was fine. I also serviced my shock recently and therefore could simply check the smoothness of the rear suspension mechanics. I would suggest you to do the same. If everything seems smooth and fine, why bother? Of course it could certainly be a tiny bit better with new bearings and nicer bushings etc but in the end I'm happy if the new bearings can wait a season more and maintenance already takes enough time.[/Quote]

Yeah i changed to SuperDelux Coil on the bike in June, and the bearings seems fine when I checked. Just so many people I know (with different bikes) change all these things 1 time or more a year. Even Santa Cruz deliver new framebearings once a year on their "super bikes". I ofcourse want to delay maintance as long as I can as long as its not ruining my bikerides chances and bike.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
I'm not lazy when it comes to maintenance. Servicing my fork in spring was the best thing ever! Also, according to my wife, I mobilize and bleed the SRAM Guides every some month; which may be correct. I'm very anal when it comes to the flawless and optimal function of my Jeffsy, but given the smooth and light movement of the back I highly doubt the benefit would be worth the effort at the moment.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
I'm not lazy when it comes to maintenance. Servicing my fork in spring was the best thing ever! Also, according to my wife, I mobilize and bleed the SRAM Guides every some month; which may be correct. I'm very anal when it comes to the flawless and optimal function of my Jeffsy, but given the smooth and light movement of the back I highly doubt the benefit would be worth the effort at the moment.

Its like me then. I will then just see how things goes. Forkes get service 3 times a season here. Always a dream to ride the first times after an service. My SRAM Guides been bleed 1 time since I got the bike, and been pristin since. Running trickstuff pads which also give much more "bite". Thanks for the answer! Appreciate it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Hello

I'm thinking about getting a Jeffsy 27 CF Comp or CF Pro to replace by current two bike stable.

I currently have a 2018 Giant Trance 29 AL 2, and a 2018 Capra 29 AL.

I recently picked up the Capra as I wanted something that could handle some rougher trails, but unfortunately I'm not feeling the bike.
I'm just under 5'6 with a short inseam and think the size medium is just a bit much for me. YT seems to recommend bigger reaches for my size compared to other brands. The longer travel might also be the problem, I'm suffering with constant butt-buzz and feeling like I'm not in control of the bike.
I feel great on the 29er Trance - perhaps due to the shorter reach and less travel (115m rear travel)

How does the Jeffsy 27 handle the more gnarly terrain? I'm thinking steep single black diamond tech trails.
Would you be happy pedaling it all day?

The other option is to keep the Trance 29, and sell the Capra 29 for a Capra 27 (but not sure about small vs medium)

What would you do?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
PetrolHead209 wrote:
Hello

I'm thinking about getting a Jeffsy 27 CF Comp or CF Pro to replace by current two bike stable.

I currently have a 2018 Giant Trance 29 AL 2, and a 2018 Capra 29 AL.

I recently picked up the Capra as I wanted something that could handle some rougher trails, but unfortunately I'm not feeling the bike.
I'm just under 5'6 with a short inseam and think the size medium is just a bit much for me. YT seems to recommend bigger reaches for my size compared to other brands. The longer travel might also be the problem, I'm suffering with constant butt-buzz and feeling like I'm not in control of the bike.
I feel great on the 29er Trance - perhaps due to the shorter reach and less travel (115m rear travel)

How does the Jeffsy 27 handle the more gnarly terrain? I'm thinking steep single black diamond tech trails.
Would you be happy pedaling it all day?

The other option is to keep the Trance 29, and sell the Capra 29 for a Capra 27 (but not sure about small vs medium)

What would you do?

Thanks!

Jeffsy 27 is fine on steep tech IMO. Maybe undergunned on true DH tracks but fine for single and double black trail riding, especially if you have a 36/Lyrik and real tires.

I've ridden it up to 30-40kmm/1500-2200m vert pedaling days, it's fine climbing not as much of a chore as bigger bikes as long as you have a climb switch on the shock IMO.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Would the base model for 2019 be a good option for an intermediate rider that wants a impact taking bike but still be playful?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 22:35 Quote
SendyShark wrote:
Would the base model for 2019 be a good option for an intermediate rider that wants a impact taking bike but still be playful?

Definitely

Although the 2018 model is probably even better in this case

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:12 Quote
I have just ordered the 2019 Jeffsy 27.5 Pro Race.

Hell yeah.

I’m not descent focused although getting more into it.
I’m not a shredder, I do like it playful and the skills are growing slowly
I like trails and I’m getting faster
I do however find that my T130 C works, whilst utterly brilliant, is running out of travel when I’m at BPW and I cannot get over the value in the existing YT sale.

So, took a gamble and bought one. I just couldn’t stop looking at them.

I was put off at how much people were asking for a used Jeffsy Pro Race generally as I wanted one and when the sale came - its a no brainer.

If the 2018 had a 36 fork and was also in the sale (there’s a couple left at YT) I might have been tempted for the extra play factor advertised however progression is progression and its time to join it.

I’m excited and hope that without even a test ride, I made a good choice!

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
davidholliday wrote:
I have just ordered the 2019 Jeffsy 27.5 Pro Race.

Hell yeah.

I’m not descent focused although getting more into it.
I’m not a shredder, I do like it playful and the skills are growing slowly
I like trails and I’m getting faster
I do however find that my T130 C works, whilst utterly brilliant, is running out of travel when I’m at BPW and I cannot get over the value in the existing YT sale.

So, took a gamble and bought one. I just couldn’t stop looking at them.

I was put off at how much people were asking for a used Jeffsy Pro Race generally as I wanted one and when the sale came - its a no brainer.

If the 2018 had a 36 fork and was also in the sale (there’s a couple left at YT) I might have been tempted for the extra play factor advertised however progression is progression and its time to join it.

I’m excited and hope that without even a test ride, I made a good choice!

I've always been a 27.5 person, test rode a few 29ers but never liked the lack of agility. I rode the 29er CF Pro Race and loved it, really agile, more agile than my old 27.5 bike - so I doubt you'll be disappointed with the 27.5 version!

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
Have some of you ridden a DVO Sapphire 34 D1?
My Jeffsy from 2017 has a non boost Fox34 which I'm super happy with, but I got a killer deal for a brand new DT Swiss carbon wheelset.
Now I looking at some boost fork options. The new RS Lyrik RC2 in red would make a great match with my red Jeffsy, but I kinda want to try some different this time.
But damn I will miss my killerwasping rear hub sound from the e13 wheels. Best trail bell ever! Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
So I just got a new Sapphire.
That fork looks nice and it's 100g heavier than they claim.
It's weights 1992g with the axle. The mudguard is about 60g.
I don't care about the extra weight, but I do care about tire clearance.
And this fork is damn tight. Even with a beefy 2.4 there is not much left if you use the mudguard.
Gee what a shame. Even my old non boost Fox 34 has better tire clearance.
I have to send the Sapphire back. It's not what I wanted.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
So I just got a new Sapphire.
That fork looks nice and it's 100g heavier than they claim.
It's weights 1992g with the axle. The mudguard is about 60g.
I don't care about the extra weight, but I do care about tire clearance.
And this fork is damn tight. Even with a beefy 2.4 there is not much left if you use the mudguard.
Gee what a shame. Even my old non boost Fox 34 has better tire clearance.
I have to send the Sapphire back. It's not what I wanted.

Get a Diamond.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009868
Mobile Version of Website