Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Get a Diamond.
That's something I want for my Capra, or the Onyx.
Is the Diamonds tire clearance better?
Maybe I should just buy a 29er fork.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
Get a Diamond.
That's something I want for my Capra, or the Onyx.
Is the Diamonds tire clearance better?
Maybe I should just buy a 29er fork.

I have the 29er on a 29er, would assume tire clearance is the same on 27.5 but I run 2.6, no issue.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
[
I have the 29er on a 29er, would assume tire clearance is the same on 27.5 but I run 2.6, no issue.
Well I can only state my experience here.
All my 29er forks from whatever brand had better tire clearances than their 27er counterpart.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
[
Well I can only state my experience here.
All my 29er forks from whatever brand had better tire clearances than their 27er counterpart.

The sapphire meant to be a more weight conscious fork, if you want burly and tire clearance get a Diamond or an Onyx. You picked the wrong tool for the job.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
The sapphire meant to be a more weight conscious fork, if you want burly and tire clearance get a Diamond or an Onyx. You picked the wrong tool for the job.
Well I wanted a trail fork and 2kg is on the same level as Lyrik and Fox36 so I would have not been concerned about it.
I just read a few posts here on the forum that the Diamond also have bad tire clearance.
Well, guessl I will go to my LBS this weekend and see how it really is.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
I know the non boost Diamond had terrible clearance for tires. A lot of people complained about the lack of clearance. The boost version corrected that.

Bummer about the Sapphire.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
kwapik wrote:
I know the non boost Diamond had terrible clearance for tires. A lot of people complained about the lack of clearance. The boost version corrected that.

Bummer about the Sapphire.

I think the Diamond 29 can take a 3.0 without the fender but I haven’t tried. Old non boost had no clearance, as you noticed but that’s no longer an issue.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
I think the Diamond 29 can take a 3.0 without the fender but I haven’t tried. Old non boost had no clearance, as you noticed but that’s no longer an issue.
Wait, but the Sapphire 34 D1 is a new 2019 boost fork.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
You might want to pm @finalgear here on Pinkbike and tell him what's going on.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 2:45 Quote
Well today was new fork day again. Big Grin
The shop I went is not acually a local shop, but a bigger one in the city.
The good thing is they have their warehouse on the other side of the street.
So you can order stuff to be prepared in shop when you come.
I went with a Pike Ultimate 2.1 RC2. Lots of tire clearance and it look great in silver.
The blue DVO Onyx also catched my eye. This will be the new fork for my Capra, but that will have to wait until chistmas when I hopefully get my DVO Jade DH coil shock that will arrive in december.
Cheers everyone and a nice weekend, Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
So, I have the 2018 CF model. If I install a wireless dropper post, is there anything stopping me from re-routing the back brake cable through the frame, thus getting rid of external cable routing? I imagine it would give a really clean look!

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
devmonkii wrote:
So, I have the 2018 CF model. If I install a wireless dropper post, is there anything stopping me from re-routing the back brake cable through the frame, thus getting rid of external cable routing? I imagine it would give a really clean look!

Not certain but I’m thinking you have nowhere to take the cable past the seat tube. I suppose you could run it out of the down tube with the rear derailleur cable, but I wouldn’t want a hydraulic line exposed to rock strikes like that.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
Hey guys! I have a steel portion of a TRS plus cassette for sale, brand new. I was having shifting issues and TRS sent it as a replacement. I'm going to replace the whole drivetrain so I don't need the replacement any more.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2639413/

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 13:49 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
devmonkii wrote:

Not certain but I’m thinking you have nowhere to take the cable past the seat tube. I suppose you could run it out of the down tube with the rear derailleur cable, but I wouldn’t want a hydraulic line exposed to rock strikes like that.

Fair point!

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
Anyone had this happen to their Jeffsy? It’s 2019 cf pro. I just got back from a fairly muddy ride, and I doubt there was that much flex in the swing arm...right? Thought this was interesting. (Sorry for the Google links)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7KtyAQdqdl9cNe7-yuDhVM5dTQ_l07a/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FO-9HjIfUW_qJvCzsD45Ph1SFqkmvWNI/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B3-virMUgW-BKY4W4I1Cs5rMo_aeUB2u/view?usp=drivesdk

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013292
Mobile Version of Website