Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 2:44 Quote
armadavegas wrote:
raceface turbine dropper that came with my 2017 is done for. Can anyone suggest a decent replacement?
OneUp V2.
It's inexpensive and works damn good even in the cold.
V2 has a very low stack height.
And you can change the 210mm drop down in 10mm steps if it's still too long.

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
armadavegas wrote:
raceface turbine dropper that came with my 2017 is done for. Can anyone suggest a decent replacement?

What happened to it? Mine got to the point where it wouldn’t stay up under my weight, so I pulled the air and re-set it and it works like a charm again.

And the turbine has the exact same design as the fox transfer post so I’m not sure anyone can expect any better performance there.

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
armadavegas wrote:

What happened to it? Mine got to the point where it wouldn’t stay up under my weight, so I pulled the air and re-set it and it works like a charm again.

And the turbine has the exact same design as the fox transfer post so I’m not sure anyone can expect any better performance there.

The seat won’t stay down unfortunately. I’ve tried adjusting cable tension and holding the lever down for 3 seconds to re-engage the brake. This helped for a while but now it seems to come up always. Research suggests it’s a brake problem and that the post might need a rebuild. To make matters worse part of the air valve snapped off so it’s time to shop for a new one.

I’ve been looking at the oneup 170mm dropper. Seems like a good value.

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
armadavegas wrote:

OneUp Dropper V2 is the best dropper on the market right now IMO. I have their 210mm version on my 2019 Jeffsy and have had zero problems

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 17:50 Quote
armadavegas wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
armadavegas wrote:

The seat won’t stay down unfortunately. I’ve tried adjusting cable tension and holding the lever down for 3 seconds to re-engage the brake. This helped for a while but now it seems to come up always. Research suggests it’s a brake problem and that the post might need a rebuild. To make matters worse part of the air valve snapped off so it’s time to shop for a new one.

I’ve been looking at the oneup 170mm dropper. Seems like a good value.

I had similar issue when adjusting the air pressure, realized I had too much air in. Even just a psi or too over spec will cause that problem. I backed off the top pressure by a couple of PsI and it’s back to running perfectly, just like new; and it’s on a 2017 bike that I hammer pretty hard. I think you have an air pressure problem.

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
New Jeffsy is up. They really slimmed the line up down, and for the price, the Jeffsy Comp is much heavier than previous year models at that $3000 price . What does everyone think?? I don't think i'll be selling my '17 anytime soon

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
New Jeffsy is up. They really slimmed the line up down, and for the price, the Jeffsy Comp is much heavier than previous year models at that $3000 price . What does everyone think?? I don't think i'll be selling my '17 anytime soon

I think its good they did many of the changes.
Going from E-Thirteen 11speed cassette to NX Eagle 12speed.
Going from Fox 34 Rhythm to Fox 36.
Going 160mm front and back travel.

These things was what i feel majority of people was changing out + saddle and seatpost dropper.

I feel this was a real good setup and future "proofed"

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
Comparing the 2020 CF Pro to the 2019 CF Pro I bought last year I think this years model is still a great build. The rear shock has been beefed up with a piggy back reservoir and the Guide RS brakes were beefed up to G2 RSC. The colors are absolutely disgusting but aside from that the spec is still good for an even lower price of $3,900 (I paid $4,300 when they launched last year). Quite a bummer that Shimano is only available on their e bike though.

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
armadavegas wrote:

2 years on the fox transfer post, still running strong and haven’t had to service it.
I second this, the Transfer is the business! Zero issues here since I've had my bike.

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
armadavegas wrote:

The original Turbine was based on the 9point8 design, the mk2 Turbine is a rebranded Fox Transfer. I had my original Turbine replaced free 6 months ago with the new mk2 Turbine. It might be worth following up with RF to see if they will replace it. I think the deal was a 2 year replacement, so you might be out of luck, but no harm in asking.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 1:30 Quote
Yo!
I have a 2019 Jeffsy with 27.5 inch wheels.

So far I haven´t really found a thread on the V4L link being a mud trap and if there are some genius solutions to this problem.

It collects dirt and it´s really difficult to get clean. I am worrying that this might be bad for the frame as there are some forces working on the link.
Anyone having the same issues?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
Flunt wrote:
Yo!

So far I haven´t really found a thread on the V4L link being a mud trap and if there are some genius solutions to this problem.

It collects dirt and it´s really difficult to get clean. I am worrying that this might be bad for the frame as there are some forces working on the link.

I've got a 2018 jeffsy so not entirely the same, but although it does collect mud I haven't found it to be a huge issue. What's worked for me is to take a cheap/thin rag and thread it between the link to get mud/dirt out. A thin brush works too, if you search for bottle cleaning brush on Amazon it's something like that. Haven't had any creaking issues or noise coming from the links so far (or at least if there are, they're way quieter than the e13 dropper I have).

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
i-kerr wrote:
Flunt wrote:
Yo!

I've got a 2018 jeffsy so not entirely the same, but although it does collect mud I haven't found it to be a huge issue. What's worked for me is to take a cheap/thin rag and thread it between the link to get mud/dirt out. A thin brush works too, if you search for bottle cleaning brush on Amazon it's something like that. Haven't had any creaking issues or noise coming from the links so far (or at least if there are, they're way quieter than the e13 dropper I have).

Thanks man! Will give this a go!

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 4:30 Quote

hey guys, just received my jeffsy and i don't think this looks right. does anybody have the same problem?
thank you!

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
You are right. It does look shifted but idk I dont have my bike in front of me. Perhaps it's just the mounting hardware not being pressed in all the way for the shock

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006428
Mobile Version of Website