Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
trothgeb wrote:
stupid question, has anybody put a fox 36 with orange lowers on a red CF pro? if so, I would love to see a picture I keep flip flopping between orange or black lowers. haha

Do a quick Photoshop job.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 6:41 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Howdy folks, I haven't been active on this thread in a long while but have a few questions. I have a 2017 Jeffsy AL One 27.

1. What have folks replaced their headsets with? (I replaced mine with a cane creek one, but the crown race that came with the new headset will not seat on the top of the fork crown)

2. I'm in need of new crankset and bb due to a dumb mistake on my end. Should I stay with the race face turbines?

3. Do any folks run a coil shock on their Jeffsy?

Thanks for any input folks!

I can only speak to number 3. I'm running a DVO Jade coil on my Jeffsy and I absolutly love it!! By far the best change ever. It's a shame they dont offer a coil option from the factory because the Jeffsy works so well with a coil shock.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Howdy folks, I haven't been active on this thread in a long while but have a few questions. I have a 2017 Jeffsy AL One 27.

1. What have folks replaced their headsets with? (I replaced mine with a cane creek one, but the crown race that came with the new headset will not seat on the top of the fork crown)

2. I'm in need of new crankset and bb due to a dumb mistake on my end. Should I stay with the race face turbines?

3. Do any folks run a coil shock on their Jeffsy?

Thanks for any input folks!

1. Do you mean top cap? If its the top cap it should rest on the spacer not the fork tube (don't know the name).

2. Personal preferance and what you find to a good price. Don't get restricted to brands if you can. So much good stuff made from different brands.

3. I've have coil on my jeffsy. Never looking back again. So buttery smooth.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
2020 tire set up. 2.5 Assegai Front 2.4 Dissector Rear

Has anyone run this tire combo? 2.5 Assegai Front / 2.4 Dissector Rear? Mainly enduro riding. There isn’t too many reviews on the dissector.

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
While we’re on the subject of putting a coil shock on a Jeffsy...I have a 2019 cf pro. I’d like to get a Jade coil, but I’m uncertain on the spring. They sell a “LS spring jade” in their site but I’m not sure of the spring rate, and don’t really want to spend $100 and get it wrong. I’m 180 without gear, so add another 5 pound or so. Any advice on the spring rate/size? Thanks.

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
Panders42 wrote:
While we’re on the subject of putting a coil shock on a Jeffsy...I have a 2019 cf pro. I’d like to get a Jade coil, but I’m uncertain on the spring. They sell a “LS spring jade” in their site but I’m not sure of the spring rate, and don’t really want to spend $100 and get it wrong. I’m 180 without gear, so add another 5 pound or so. Any advice on the spring rate/size? Thanks.

I got the Jade X coil and it is amazing for the Jeffsy. With gear I am 180 and I got the 450# coil. Maybe the next spring rate up will benefit you

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
Hi,
Not sure if this is already known, but YT have dropped there prices on ALL there 2019 models including the Jeffsy.

Jeffsy Cf Pro Race 27 is £3699.

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
ianbike7 wrote:
Hi,
Not sure if this is already known, but YT have dropped there prices on ALL there 2019 models including the Jeffsy.

Yo Boss!

Yeah they opened up the outlet!

Thanks for the info man

Cheers

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
Flunt wrote:
ianbike7 wrote:
Hi,

Yo Boss!

Thanks for the info man

Cheers

No problem, your welcome. Wink

I am still on the lookout for a used 2019 jeffsy pro race bargain priced deal.
I missed a really really crazy deal on a 2019 jeffsy pro race on uk ebay about 2 weeks ago for £2200.
I spent to much time doing research on yt that I bloody missed it, so I am still in mourning.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
ianbike7 wrote:
Flunt wrote:
ianbike7 wrote:
Hi,

Yo Boss!

Thanks for the info man

Cheers

No problem, your welcome. Wink

I am still on the lookout for a used 2019 jeffsy pro race bargain priced deal.
I missed a really really crazy deal on a 2019 jeffsy pro race on uk ebay about 2 weeks ago for £2200.
I spent to much time doing research on yt that I bloody missed it, so I am still in mourning.

damn...this is a tough one. I think YT regularly puts a discount on their lineup.
I myself, bought the Pro Race during black friday....was a crazy deal as well...

Keep your eyes and ears open and I am sure a good opportunity will come up!

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 19:11 Quote
Panders42 wrote:

I looked online and found a spring calculator called, Tf Tuned - Spring Calculator. From what it says, you should go for a 450 or a 500 lb spring. Depends on how you like the bike to feel, firmer or softer.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
Are there any companies out there that make it so i could run a "threaded" Bottom bracket on my jeffsy? I saw something for road bikes where each end of the bb screws into the sleeve. Not sure if such a thing exists for mtb'ing and if anyone has done such a thing. Any info would be super appreciative.

Bike in question is a 2017 Jeffsy AL Comp

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
Wheels Manufacturing has a thread together bb92 bottom bracket. The only thing is - it's for 24mm crank spindles. Shimano, Sram, RF Aeffect, etc..

https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb86-92.html

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 5:02 Quote
My BB on my 18 CF got boogered up pretty quick, I looked at the idea of going with a threaded but as stated it’s a little more involved than just swapping bearings. I got a set of enduro bearings and they have been super smooth and silent. Just another option.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006316
Mobile Version of Website