Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Author Message
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 5:08 Quote
Panders42 wrote:
While we’re on the subject of putting a coil shock on a Jeffsy...I have a 2019 cf pro. I’d like to get a Jade coil, but I’m uncertain on the spring. They sell a “LS spring jade” in their site but I’m not sure of the spring rate, and don’t really want to spend $100 and get it wrong. I’m 180 without gear, so add another 5 pound or so. Any advice on the spring rate/size? Thanks.

I can’t remember if it’s here or on the other big MTB site but a member, Dougal has a simple free spring rate calculator or a pay for detailed spring rate calculator. I went with the detailed, It was way cheaper than buying multiple springs for my DHX2. Helped me dial it in really quick, coils work really well on a Jeffsy. Best of luck

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
RyeThomas wrote:
Panders42 wrote:
While we’re on the subject of putting a coil shock on a Jeffsy...I have a 2019 cf pro. I’d like to get a Jade coil, but I’m uncertain on the spring. They sell a “LS spring jade” in their site but I’m not sure of the spring rate, and don’t really want to spend $100 and get it wrong. I’m 180 without gear, so add another 5 pound or so. Any advice on the spring rate/size? Thanks.

I can’t remember if it’s here or on the other big MTB site but a member, Dougal has a simple free spring rate calculator or a pay for detailed spring rate calculator. I went with the detailed, It was way cheaper than buying multiple springs for my DHX2. Helped me dial it in really quick, coils work really well on a Jeffsy. Best of luck

I used TF Tuned spring calculator. Worked as a charm.
https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

You need 421 DH/Freeride (28% sag)
And 396 for plush/DH rockgarden (33% sag)

Calculated that you weigh 185 Lbs?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
Panders42 wrote:
While we’re on the subject of putting a coil shock on a Jeffsy...I have a 2019 cf pro. I’d like to get a Jade coil, but I’m uncertain on the spring. They sell a “LS spring jade” in their site but I’m not sure of the spring rate, and don’t really want to spend $100 and get it wrong. I’m 180 without gear, so add another 5 pound or so. Any advice on the spring rate/size? Thanks.

I called dvo and they told me what to get after asking a few questions... speaking of I want to get the diamond but its extra to get it bumped down to 160 from 170. Should I spend the extra money?
On a 2019 cf comp with 160 in the back already.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
Do you guys think specwise the 2018 Jeffsy CF Pro is better than the 2019 model. Anyone prefer the older geometry, some reviewers clam that tho 2018 is more fun? I have the option to get an almost new 2018 or a 2019 and was wondering which one is better.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
Blueg wrote:
Do you guys think specwise the 2018 Jeffsy CF Pro is better than the 2019 model. Anyone prefer the older geometry, some reviewers clam that tho 2018 is more fun? I have the option to get an almost new 2018 or a 2019 and was wondering which one is better.

I demo'd a 2018 CF and currently own a 2019 CF Pro. The 2018 Jeffsy felt more poppy and snappy than the 2019 but the 2019 feels a lot more stable at speed. Dont get me wrong the 2019 is still plenty quick and snappy but it really does lean more towards a bigger, lower, and more stable feeling bike. I feel much more "in" the 2019 Jeffsy rather than "on top" of it. The 2019 does feel a lot longer which makes sense when you compare geometry between the 2019 and 2018.

I didn't do a ton of climbing on the 2018 I demo'd but the 2019 climbs very well, even in tight technical trails. On fire road climbs with a DVO Jade coil (with no climb switch) I feel no pedal bob. I think this is due to increased anti-squat numbers in the 2019 geometry.

One last note, the 2019 Jeffsy looks a hell of a lot cleaner and is up to today's standards than the 2018. To me the 2019 frame looks better than the 2018 and the internal cable routing is very clean when compared to the 2018.

I would definitely pick up a 2019 instead of a 2018.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Blueg wrote:
Do you guys think specwise the 2018 Jeffsy CF Pro is better than the 2019 model. Anyone prefer the older geometry, some reviewers clam that tho 2018 is more fun? I have the option to get an almost new 2018 or a 2019 and was wondering which one is better.

I demo'd a 2018 CF and currently own a 2019 CF Pro. The 2018 Jeffsy felt more poppy and snappy than the 2019 but the 2019 feels a lot more stable at speed. Dont get me wrong the 2019 is still plenty quick and snappy but it really does lean more towards a bigger, lower, and more stable feeling bike. I feel much more "in" the 2019 Jeffsy rather than "on top" of it. The 2019 does feel a lot longer which makes sense when you compare geometry between the 2019 and 2018.

I would definitely pick up a 2019 instead of a 2018.

Well put in my opinion.
I made the switch to the 2019 CF Pro Race from a 2018 SPECTRAL AL 7.0.
It feels like you are integrated into the ride. Super nice!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
provin1327 wrote:

I demo'd a 2018 CF and currently own a 2019 CF Pro. The 2018 Jeffsy felt more poppy and snappy than the 2019 but the 2019 feels a lot more stable at speed. Dont get me wrong the 2019 is still plenty quick and snappy but it really does lean more towards a bigger, lower, and more stable feeling bike. I feel much more "in" the 2019 Jeffsy rather than "on top" of it. The 2019 does feel a lot longer which makes sense when you compare geometry between the 2019 and 2018.

I would definitely pick up a 2019 instead of a 2018.

Thanks very mu for the detailed answer. I believe I will be quite happy with the 2019. Now I only need to figure out the size.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
I have one further question regarding sizing:
I am 6'1'' (184 cm) and have inseam of roughly 33.4 (85cm).
According to YT I should get the XL, however I m always in between and on my previous first mountain bike hardtail (https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-st-540-mountain-bike-red-275-id_8379537.html) I went up to XL and felt it was a bad decision (I felt hands a bit on the short side, a bit shorter than optimal for that XL). I do no t have it anymore and cannot try to measure and compare (and cat seem to find its geometry), so I am having hard time deciding. Any help appreciated.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
Blueg wrote:
I have one further question regarding sizing:
I am 6'1'' (184 cm) and have inseam of roughly 33.4 (85cm).
According to YT I should get the XL, however I m always in between and on my previous first mountain bike hardtail (https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-st-540-mountain-bike-red-275-id_8379537.html) I went up to XL and felt it was a bad decision (I felt hands a bit on the short side, a bit shorter than optimal for that XL). I do no t have it anymore and cannot try to measure and compare (and cat seem to find its geometry), so I am having hard time deciding. Any help appreciated.
with the short seat tube lengths that most dh oriented bikes have atm inseam isn't an issue except extreme cases, what you actually need to compare is saddle to dar distance, two bikes with same reach no can have big differences in tt length. Sa is a big factor as well, an xl yt jeffsy/capra isn't quite as long tt lenght wise if you add stem length as well.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 16:02 Quote
Blueg wrote:
I have one further question regarding sizing:
I am 6'1'' (184 cm) and have inseam of roughly 33.4 (85cm).
According to YT I should get the XL, however I m always in between and on my previous first mountain bike hardtail (https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-st-540-mountain-bike-red-275-id_8379537.html) I went up to XL and felt it was a bad decision (I felt hands a bit on the short side, a bit shorter than optimal for that XL). I do no t have it anymore and cannot try to measure and compare (and cat seem to find its geometry), so I am having hard time deciding. Any help appreciated.

All I can give you is my opinion. I am 6'4" 34" inseam and my XL 2019 Jeffsy feels perfect.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the warranty.

My jeffsy has about 600km on the clock and the headset started creaking and crunching today.

I opened it up and it was completely dry and rusty.
In my opinion that thing needs to be greased up and sealed doesn`t it?

Would be glad if someone could give me their opinion on this whether it could be something I could claim as a warranty case.

Cheers guys!

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
Flunt wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the warranty.

My jeffsy has about 600km on the clock and the headset started creaking and crunching today.

I opened it up and it was completely dry and rusty.
In my opinion that thing needs to be greased up and sealed doesn`t it?

Would be glad if someone could give me their opinion on this whether it could be something I could claim as a warranty case.

Cheers guys!

If it's crunchy, dry, and rusty it needs to be replaced. You might as well just ask YT directly.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
hi everybody,

I am looking for a full suspension that is playful and not sluggish and i want to get the 202o yt jeffsy comp 29 whenever it goes on sale. Im sorry this is the 27.5 thread but i am most worried about the frame cracking but i like the components and i want a bike that can last a while and was wondering if this is the move? I am also open to any other mid-travel 3000k dollar bikes with good specs for the price.

I really appreciate your help because without forums I would be lost.

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
I have a brand new black downtube protector for a large 27.5 Jeffsy (newer frame type). YT sent me the wrong size. It was free to I'll keep it free to anyone that wants it, send me a pm


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006465
Mobile Version of Website