Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Author Message
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:
i-kerr wrote:
Anyone have experience with the gen 2 pnw components rainier dropper? I've had it with the e13 garbage even though its still within warranty.

I don't have a PNW post but I also got tired of dealing with e13 every couple months to get parts for the post. I'll give e13 props for trying to be innovative but their products are pretty much a dumpster fire.

I ended up buying the OneUp post and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure your experience with PNW will be similar.

What length did you end up going with? I'm 6' - 6'1" on a large frame and I'm keen on trying the 210mm dropper and shimming it as needed

I got a 150mm gen 2 rainier post. Great deal on JensonUSA. I'm on an xl frame, and am about 6'3. Maybe a bit taller, inseam is about 34". I've got it inserted right to the collar to get the right height for me.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:01 Quote
undescended wrote:
Zykor wrote:
New to this thread as I just picked up a 2018 Jeffrey CFPR, so providing info from my recent 2016 Devinci Troy carbon build.
Welcome! Here’s a thread of compiled V1 knowledge...
YT Jeffsy FAQ

Thanks much.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:
i-kerr wrote:
Anyone have experience with the gen 2 pnw components rainier dropper? I've had it with the e13 garbage even though its still within warranty.

I don't have a PNW post but I also got tired of dealing with e13 every couple months to get parts for the post. I'll give e13 props for trying to be innovative but their products are pretty much a dumpster fire.

I ended up buying the OneUp post and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure your experience with PNW will be similar.

Oneup has a calculator on their website. Use that to determine which post lengrh you need.

What length did you end up going with? I'm 6' - 6'1" on a large frame and I'm keen on trying the 210mm dropper and shimming it as needed

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 22:14 Quote
Hey, so I posted these pics a while back thinking it was some kind of frame flex. It’s not, just stuff getting caught in there. It’s continuing to happen, the paint will be gone by the end of the year in that spot. Seems like a design flaw. Just curious if others are experiencing it...
Here’s the pics (sorry they’re google drive links):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7KtyAQdqdl9cNe7-yuDhVM5dTQ_l07a/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FO-9HjIfUW_qJvCzsD45Ph1SFqkmvWNI/view?usp=drivesdk

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
Panders42 wrote:
Hey, so I posted these pics a while back thinking it was some kind of frame flex. It’s not, just stuff getting caught in there. It’s continuing to happen, the paint will be gone by the end of the year in that spot. Seems like a design flaw. Just curious if others are experiencing it...
Here’s the pics (sorry they’re google drive links):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7KtyAQdqdl9cNe7-yuDhVM5dTQ_l07a/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FO-9HjIfUW_qJvCzsD45Ph1SFqkmvWNI/view?usp=drivesdk

Pretty common for rocks and stuff to get stuck in those parts of the frame and chip paint. It’s a problem with most full suspension frames, pretty hard to overcome it. On the bright side, it’s just cosmetic and it’s in an area that’s hard to notice.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
Panders42 wrote:
Hey, so I posted these pics a while back thinking it was some kind of frame flex. It’s not, just stuff getting caught in there. It’s continuing to happen, the paint will be gone by the end of the year in that spot. Seems like a design flaw. Just curious if others are experiencing it...
Here’s the pics (sorry they’re google drive links):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7KtyAQdqdl9cNe7-yuDhVM5dTQ_l07a/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FO-9HjIfUW_qJvCzsD45Ph1SFqkmvWNI/view?usp=drivesdk

I have the same "problem". But then again it's made to shred. Its just cosmetic. You can put on a fender on back wheel to prevent most of the dirt getting in between the linkage.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
Can you fit a 29 wheelset on the 27.5 bike ? Apologies if this has already been asked !

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
Can you fit a 29 wheelset on the 27.5 bike ? Apologies if this has already been asked !

depends on the frame

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
NikoLucic wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
Can you fit a 29 wheelset on the 27.5 bike ? Apologies if this has already been asked !

depends on the frame

Depends on what ?

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
NikoLucic wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
Can you fit a 29 wheelset on the 27.5 bike ? Apologies if this has already been asked !

depends on the frame

Depends on what ?

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 9:55 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
Can you fit a 29 wheelset on the 27.5 bike ? Apologies if this has already been asked !

Possibly but it would be stupid. You would have little tire clearance if it did fit and you would still need to buy a fork that fits a 29” wheel. Not to mention the 27.5” model of the bike IS designed around 27.5” wheels...don’t waste your time and just buy a bike that is designed around 29” wheels.

Edit: furthermore, looking at my 27.5” frame there is absolutely no way a 29” wheel would fit.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
Can you fit a 29 wheelset on the 27.5 bike ? Apologies if this has already been asked !

Possibly but it would be stupid. You would have little tire clearance if it did fit and you would still need to buy a fork that fits a 29” wheel. Not to mention the 27.5” model of the bike IS designed around 27.5” wheels...don’t waste your time and just buy a bike that is designed around 29” wheels.

Edit: furthermore, looking at my 27.5” frame there is absolutely no way a 29” wheel would fit.

exactly, depends on your frame, I have giant reign with 27,5 wheels and tire clearance is really small so 29 wheel wouldn’t fit, also your frame is made and tested with 27,5 wheels so that’s probably the best option for your frame

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Hello everybody
I am thinking to upgrade my Jeffsy 27,5 Cf 2018 with the Rockshox super deluxe ultimate coil rear shock
The point is that I am only 65 kilos weight and the standard rockshox coils starts from 300 lbs spring rate
Any ideas?
Will the 300 lbs be ok for my weight?

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
nioniosenduro wrote:
Hello everybody
I am thinking to upgrade my Jeffsy 27,5 Cf 2018 with the Rockshox super deluxe ultimate coil rear shock
The point is that I am only 65 kilos weight and the standard rockshox coils starts from 300 lbs spring rate
Any ideas?
Will the 300 lbs be ok for my weight?

Ran a 350# on mine and it was pretty good for my weight at 66 ish kilos. 300 is going to be soft

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
danielhfranks wrote:
nioniosenduro wrote:
Hello everybody
I am thinking to upgrade my Jeffsy 27,5 Cf 2018 with the Rockshox super deluxe ultimate coil rear shock
The point is that I am only 65 kilos weight and the standard rockshox coils starts from 300 lbs spring rate
Any ideas?
Will the 300 lbs be ok for my weight?

Ran a 350# on mine and it was pretty good for my weight at 66 ish kilos. 300 is going to be soft

At 75 kilos, I have 400lb spring there. Go for 350lb.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005902
Mobile Version of Website