Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:
I have a brand new black downtube protector for a large 27.5 Jeffsy (newer frame type). YT sent me the wrong size. It was free to I'll keep it free to anyone that wants it, if interested send me a pm
Bump... no takers?
Been a while, still have the downtube protector. Anyone interested?

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:
I have a brand new black downtube protector for a large 27.5 Jeffsy (newer frame type). YT sent me the wrong size. It was free to I'll keep it free to anyone that wants it, if interested send me a pm
Bump... no takers?
Been a while, still have the downtube protector. Anyone interested?

Would love it, but I have the older frame design.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 4:07 Quote
Blindfth wrote:
danielhfranks wrote:
nioniosenduro wrote:
Hello everybody
I am thinking to upgrade my Jeffsy 27,5 Cf 2018 with the Rockshox super deluxe ultimate coil rear shock
The point is that I am only 65 kilos weight and the standard rockshox coils starts from 300 lbs spring rate
Any ideas?
Will the 300 lbs be ok for my weight?

Ran a 350# on mine and it was pretty good for my weight at 66 ish kilos. 300 is going to be soft

At 75 kilos, I have 400lb spring there. Go for 350lb.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
I have 78kg and with helmet and mtb clothes on I’m probably somwhere around 82-83kg, which spring should I use, 400 or 450lbs for Jeffsy?

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
NikoLucic wrote:
I have 78kg and with helmet and mtb clothes on I’m probably somwhere around 82-83kg, which spring should I use, 400 or 450lbs for Jeffsy?

I’m about the same weight geared up and I run a 500lb spring. You could probably get away with a 450lb spring, though. I personally wouldn’t run the 400lb spring at 83kg.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
nioniosenduro wrote:
Blindfth wrote:
danielhfranks wrote:

Ran a 350# on mine and it was pretty good for my weight at 66 ish kilos. 300 is going to be soft

At 75 kilos, I have 400lb spring there. Go for 350lb.
73 kilos and 350 lb spring for 30% sag for me. You can use the spring calculator on https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
I would like to get a YT Jeffsy al base, but I can't decide between size large or extra large. I am 6 1 ish and I should get a xl on the size guide, but I would like a large because of the smaller chainstays and I think it would be better for jumps and tricks, which is the riding I do. I am currently riding a size medium 2018 giant stance 2, it feels a bit small but not tiny so I think the large would be fine, but just can't decide what size I should get.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
Jammyscoot wrote:
I would like to get a YT Jeffsy al base, but I can't decide between size large or extra large. I am 6 1 ish and I should get a xl on the size guide, but I would like a large because of the smaller chainstays and I think it would be better for jumps and tricks, which is the riding I do. I am currently riding a size medium 2018 giant stance 2, it feels a bit small but not tiny so I think the large would be fine, but just can't decide what size I should get.

If you like a smaller bike then I would suggest you lean towards the size large. I am 6'4 and on the XL and it feels just right so the fact that you prefer a smaller more nimble bike and are a few inches shorter than me would make me think the size large is best for you.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
If that's your preferred riding - jumps, tricks, etc - get the large.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
At your height I would say you need the XL, I'm 6'2' and bought the large thinking it would be similar to the large 2015 Giant Reign I had but it fit waaaaay smaller, I ended up selling it to get the XL, it was just uncomfortable to pedal. initially you might find it feels a bit big but they are super poppy bikes especially compared to a Giant and the extra length will just make it more stable on steep stuff. Also the 170mm dropper would be better for jumps and drops vs the 150mm on the large.
Jammyscoot wrote:

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
Jammyscoot wrote:
I'm 6' and have 34" inseam and had a large 2018 Giant Trance and thought it was fine until I got my 2019 YT Jeffsy CF Pro Race in an XL. Took just a couple of rides to get used to the larger size. Last time I jumped on the Trance it felt so small and cramped.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 7:45 Quote
Hi folks,
I have a 2019 Jeffy CF pro, which comes with a Rockshox Deluxe rear shock. I’m thinking about going with a Fox Float X2 rear shock. Quick question...can I just swap the mounting hardware from the Rockshox to the Fox? Thanks.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 3:54 Quote
Anyone upgrade to the shimano 51 tooth 12 speed drivetrain on their Mk1 Jeffsy? With a 32T chainring.

Anyone who has, I’m just wondering how many links your chain happens to be. Have a 118 link chain on the way but I think it may be small considering the chain is currently 113 links with the e13 46T 11 speed cassette (32T chainring)

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
YT delivered two weeks early! Question: anyone else have problems with the torque wrench they provide? Mine doesn't work unless I'm doing something wrong.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 4:23 Quote
joyfred wrote:
YT delivered two weeks early! Question: anyone else have problems with the torque wrench they provide? Mine doesn't work unless I'm doing something wrong.

Congrats on your new bike!

What problem are you having with the wrench? Mine worked fine. You just tighten the bolt until the needle comes to the correct torque spec. Never loosen a bolt with a torque wrench.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013441
Mobile Version of Website