Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
Snagged a left over 19 Jeffsy CF pro race (27.5) in March. Anyone have any info on a Cane Creek kitsuma coil swap. Not a fan of the fox air it came with. Started leaking oil already.
Thanks in advance!????

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 23:07 Quote
supercruizer1 wrote:
Snagged a left over 19 Jeffsy CF pro race (27.5) in March. Anyone have any info on a Cane Creek kitsuma coil swap. Not a fan of the fox air it came with. Started leaking oil already.
Thanks in advance!????

What info are you looking for? I run the Canecreek DB coil on my Jeffsy. I think the only difference is the tool free adjustability between it and the new “kitsuma” shock.

230x60 for 150mm of travel and 230x65 for 160mm of travel, if that’s the info you where looking for.

And yeah, the fox shock that comes with it is crap. Coil will really make the bike feel a lot better.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:30 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
supercruizer1 wrote:
Thanks in advance!????

What info are you looking for? I run the Canecreek DB coil on my Jeffsy. I think the only difference is the tool free adjustability between it and the new “kitsuma” shock.

230x60 for 150mm of travel and 230x65 for 160mm of travel, if that’s the info you where looking for.
And yeah, the fox shock that comes with it is crap. Coil will really make the bike feel a lot better.

Awesome! That is exactly what I was looking for. Do you find that it still maintains Decent climbing efficiency?

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 10:47 Quote
supercruizer1 wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
supercruizer1 wrote:
Thanks in advance!????

Awesome! That is exactly what I was looking for. Do you find that it still maintains Decent climbing efficiency?

Definitely, with the climbing switch on. I don’t climb with the switch off but it still seems to climb okay when it’s off. However, I definitely notice pretty quickly when I don’t have the switch on as it really does do an amazing job locking the shock out.

There are lots of options out there, though, and I think the fox dhx2 and ohlins coil shock are just as good or perhaps better. Hard to beat the price of the Canecreek shock. However. Haven’t looked at the price of the new kitsuma one but I’m going to guess it’s on par with the cost of fox’s coil shock

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 14:55 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
supercruizer1 wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

Definitely, with the climbing switch on. I don’t climb with the switch off but it still seems to climb okay when it’s off. However, I definitely notice pretty quickly when I don’t have the switch on as it really does do an amazing job locking the shock out.

There are lots of options out there, though, and I think the fox dhx2 and ohlins coil shock are just as good or perhaps better. Hard to beat the price of the Canecreek shock. However. Haven’t looked at the price of the new kitsuma one but I’m going to guess it’s on par with the cost of fox’s coil shock

I am looking at abut $770.00 usd with the vault spring. I don't have any personal experience with Ohlins. Cane Creek used to be one of my BMX sponsors back in the day and were awesome to deal with. Thanks again for your help and input. Cheers and beers man!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008505
Mobile Version of Website