Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 0:26 Quote
kwapik wrote:
If you don't want the expense of a new wheelset - just purchase the xd freehub for your hub/wheel.

Fitting an XD freehub to a dt Swiss 370 looks like a massive ball ache, they've released an upgrade kit but I can't see it in stock anywhere yet.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dt-swiss-updates-350-hub-launches-ratchet-upgrade-system-and-releases-a-limited-number-of-oil-slick-240-hubs.html

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 9:43 Quote
Tommy-P87 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
If you don't want the expense of a new wheelset - just purchase the xd freehub for your hub/wheel.

Fitting an XD freehub to a dt Swiss 370 looks like a massive ball ache, they've released an upgrade kit but I can't see it in stock anywhere yet.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dt-swiss-updates-350-hub-launches-ratchet-upgrade-system-and-releases-a-limited-number-of-oil-slick-240-hubs.html

I reached out to the DT Swiss reps, they said they should have that ratchet upgrade in stock in July.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Tommy-P87 wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Here in the US - a new 3-pawl xd driver runs $45-$65. Plenty available on eBay and Amazon. Buy/Sell have some for sale also. Probably take a minute or two to remove the old one and install the new one. It's very easy.

Obviously not sure about your location.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Tommy-P87 wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Here in the US - a new 3-pawl xd driver runs $45-$65. Plenty available on eBay and Amazon. Buy/Sell have some for sale also. Probably take a minute or two to remove the old one and install the new one. It's very easy.

Obviously not sure about your location.

Didn't even know that existed. Great news, cheers

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
Okay so I changed a few things and went to tubeless so I'll elaborate , my 2020 Jeffsy Comp 27.5 is now 32.8lbs without a water bottle but crank brothers stamp 2 aluminum pedals on. I weighed myself twice and myself holding the bike twice and got identical results. Everything is Stock EXCEPT. GX shifter chain and derailleur(stock nx cassette/crank still). Renthal apex stem, renthal carbon fatbar 35s (790mm), Ergon sm enduro comp seat. Maxxis minion dhf 3c maxx terra exo+ 2.3 width, maxxis aggresser exo+ 2.3 tubeless with e13 valves. Changed forks air shaft to 170mm and ADDed weight with an MRP amg composite chain guide and bash plate, crank brothers stamp 2 pedals.

I think that's badass for how capable this bike is, pretty sure this weighs less than my buddy's giant trance 2 which is an aluminum 115mm travel xc bike

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
My wife's 2021 Jeffsy Core 2 came with a 32T chainring and a 11-50T cassette. Her old bike had a 30T and 10-50T, and on the steepest climbs she can tell the difference: any adverse effects from putting a 30T on the Jeffsy? Does the chain need to be shortened?

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
120CCPM wrote:
My wife's 2021 Jeffsy Core 2 came with a 32T chainring and a 11-50T cassette. Her old bike had a 30T and 10-50T, and on the steepest climbs she can tell the difference: any adverse effects from putting a 30T on the Jeffsy? Does the chain need to be shortened?

No adverse effects, other than less low gear, flat out, speed. Yes the chain will probably need to lose some links.

I went from 32 to 28, just to improve gearing for climbs.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
120CCPM wrote:

No adverse effects, other than less low gear, flat out, speed. Yes the chain will probably need to lose some links.

I went from 32 to 28, just to improve gearing for climbs.

Excellent, thank you. I'm actually looking at replacing the entire crankset, switching to 170mm (vs. 175mm) cranks and 30T chainring. That would make the Jeffsy identical to her old bike, in terms of gearing/pedaling.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
While we're on the topic of gears. I'm going to switch my nx cassette and driver to a gx 10-52 and XD driver. Since it's the same chain line and the b tension is adjusted from the second largest sprocket which is the same on both cassettes, I shouldn't have to adjust the derailleur any correct?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
Gregd351 wrote:
While we're on the topic of gears. I'm going to switch my nx cassette and driver to a gx 10-52 and XD driver. Since it's the same chain line and the b tension is adjusted from the second largest sprocket which is the same on both cassettes, I shouldn't have to adjust the derailleur any correct?

Shouldn’t see issues, but if you end up with less than smooth gears, it’s not a big deal to adjust.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
I got my latest round of upgrades this past weekend. New fork and wheels (factory 38, and WeAreOne on I9 hubs). I nearly went with the orange lowers for the fork, but chickened out at the last minute, that orange is BRIGHT. Fortunately, when the wheels came the orange hubs are a very different shade, and would have clashed. I think they’ll look hot with the black fork lowers. A busy work week means I’ll probably not install till this weekend. Pics coming...

O+
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
Can someone remind me, does the mk2 (2019-current) CF Jeffsy frame have any options for an angleset headset? I believe specs are ZS44/ZS56. Would be curious to slacken my bike out a degree.

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Can someone remind me, does the mk2 (2019-current) CF Jeffsy frame have any options for an angleset headset? I believe specs are ZS44/ZS56. Would be curious to slacken my bike out a degree.

Same question for the MK1 CF, while we are at it Smile

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
I just tried putting the thirstmaster 3000 cage on my Mk1 CF. The bosses on the frame were too close together. I know it’s the frame because I have a 2018 AL that my kid rides and both the cages (I bought one for each bike) fit like a glove on his bike.

Ended up needing to extend the aft eyelet on the cage about 2-3mm to get it to fit.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2021 at 23:46 Quote
TibZ wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Same question for the MK1 CF, while we are at it Smile

I feel like the answer is no, or at least it was on MK1 CF, because I remember researching it and ended up going with offset bushings on my MK1 2017 Jeffsy 27 CF. Now you might want to email 9point8 and ask about the SlackR, it supports IS41/IS52 HS and MK1 CF Jeffsy is IS42/IS52 which seems really close?

For MK2 I looked at Works, Cane Creek and 9point8 SlackR, none seem to support ZS 44/ZS 56.

Edit: Talked to Works, didn't realize anglesets need external cup (EC) for the bearing in top of headset to be offset. So it is compatible with MK2 Jeffsy. Problem is YT cut the damn steer tube so short I don't think I'll be able to run an angleset and still use my Mac-ride shotgun seat that I use to ride with my kids.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011287
Mobile Version of Website