Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
YT Jeffsey 265 Pro race flip chip position

Can someone remind me the position of the flip chip - hole closer to front is longer and hole closer to rear is shorter BB height or vice versa? Thanks

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
stevorino2001 wrote:
YT Jeffsey 265 Pro race flip chip position

Can someone remind me the position of the flip chip - hole closer to front is longer and hole closer to rear is shorter BB height or vice versa? Thanks
Yep. Also longer is steeper seat and head angles and vice versa

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 20:35 Quote
photo
Been running 230x65mm coil for a couple of years and just went back to a 230x60 air boinger with some offset bushings. The megneg is not really meant for progressive frames, but man does it feel awesome on the jump line. I was only using about 90% travel on some 25 foot jumps tho. Excited to see how it is on the trail.

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 23:22 Quote
What offset are you using, how does it change the geometry?

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
What offset are you using, how does it change the geometry?
https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushings-yt-jeffsy

Just a .5 hta and 5mm bb drop. I think it basically kept the geo the same as when the 230x65 was on it. But the super deluxe feels more supportive that the 450lb coil I had on it, and the pedals are def riding higher. I must have needed a heavier spring. The geo feels the same otherwise.

edit: I just looked and it seems that I put the flip chip in the high position. So the offset bushings should have me somewhere between the high and low settings I guess

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 0:41 Quote
Hey guys, I recently bought a jeffsy core 2 2022 27.5 and I feel like I need to have my saddle slammed all the way forward for comfortable climbing is there anyway to fix that, by getting more sweep on my bars or an angled stem?

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 1:38 Quote
Why is it a problem?
As long as you are sitting in a comfortable position...
Bonus: on the way down, the saddle is far forward, offering more room for movement

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 8:13 Quote
Howdy, I'm looking to finally upgrade from my Deluxe RT that came stock on my 2018 Jeffsy 27.5. The shop I had do my service this year basically took one look at it and realized it needed a full 200 hour service, which costs more than the shock's worth. I haven't exactly hated the Deluxe, and it felt a bit better last year after a full damper service. But I'd appreciate some more adjust-ability, which I figure if I'm spending upwards of 200 I should keep an eye out for other options.

I know coil's have become a hugely popular option, but I'm a little hesitant to go that direction since I mostly like a mix of XC and trail, rarely go to bike parks and I don't have any descents longer than a few minutes around me. That being said, I'm not entirely opposed to a coil if it doesn't slug out my local trails too much.

I'm considering a Manitou Mara inline since they're on sale right now (a little worried about the lack of service shops willing to work on it in the US though), as well as a Rockshox Deluxe Ultimate RCT (although I'm not sure if it's that big of an upgrade over my Deluxe RT?) I'm also looking at Rockshox Super Deluxe's and DPX2's on buysell.

TLDR; I'm upgrading my Jeffy's rear shock, anyone else have any experience or input? I'm aiming to keep it under $300-400 at most. I'm 145lb and ride mostly a mix of XC/trail around New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 13:04 Quote
DVO Topaz and rediscover your bike.

The other options you mentionned would also all provide substantial improvement over the stock Deluxe.

Posted: Apr 30, 2023 at 23:38 Quote
Had a dps and upgraded to a DPX2 years ago and found it gave me much more confidence as it was super plush compared to stock , but that was also my first full suspension bike

O+
Posted: May 1, 2023 at 9:17 Quote
TibZ wrote:

The other options you mentionned would also all provide substantial improvement over the stock Deluxe.

Sweet, I'll try to keep my eyes open for a Topaz if one comes up. The bladder system does seem intriguing!

ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Had a dps and upgraded to a DPX2 years ago and found it gave me much more confidence as it was super plush compared to stock , but that was also my first full suspension bike

Good to know!

Edit: Topaz ordered, everything is 30% off on DVO's website if anyone was looking for an excuse to pickup something!

O+
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 12:43 Quote
TibZ wrote:

photo

Advice taken! Now I just need to figure out where to buy m10x20 shock hardware T_T the stuff on my old Deluxe is pretty worn out, was pitting the bolts and everything.

Posted: Sep 9, 2023 at 12:43 Quote
Who here is still riding a 2017 Jeffsy 27? I just got a new bike but still can’t part with Jeffsica.

Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 15:06 Quote
Sold mine earlier this year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009581
Mobile Version of Website